The puzzling thing about this season | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The puzzling thing about this season

It's hard to watch because as an NFL fan, I don't want the Dolphins' tank to be successful. It's bad for the NFL and I don't want the Dolphins to be the poster team for tanking & the NFL to change the draft rules.

As a Dolphins fan, it's a sad state from a once proud franchise. There's plenty of great QBs in the league that were not drafted #1 overall. Shame on the owner and GM for damaging the organization's history & pride in order to tank the season.

"We're on the clock & Randy Moss is still on the board? Let's trade down- Larry Shannon is just as good."
Why did they F up the offensive line minus Tunsil right before the opener?
That made sense
Even last night that ridiculous 3rd & 20?
Then all of a sudden pretending Fitz was Marion and throwing every down

The O-line trades were the front office, not the coaching staff. The 3rd and 20 was a bad call, but I believe trying to be aggressive and win. In short it was a gamble that didn't work, but so what? You're 0 and 6 at the time, why not try something aggressive? All I'm saying is that there has been some improvement the last 3 weeks, it has been noticeable, the bar is set very low, but under the circumstances, getting your team to play hard and showing some solid stretches of football is an improvement and difficult to do when the whole world knows your front office has stripped your roster of talent to acquire assets for next year.

The O-line trades were the front office, not the coaching staff. The 3rd and 20 was a bad call, but I believe trying to be aggressive and win. In short it was a gamble that didn't work, but so what? You're 0 and 6 at the time, why not try something aggressive? All I'm saying is that there has been some improvement the last 3 weeks, it has been noticeable, the bar is set very low, but under the circumstances, getting your team to play hard and showing some solid stretches of football is an improvement and difficult to do when the whole world knows your front office has stripped your roster of talent to acquire assets for next year.

I am talking about moving Davis to LT, putting the newly aquired better at LT player at RT where he really struggled then deactivating Calhoun for other guy they just got
All with like a day of practice under their belt

The most puzzling of all this clown act is Ross the buffoon owner who stated in February we are going 3-13. That's the plan. Grier was told to rid of the talent to make us as poor as can be an holy **** it has worked to perfection so far. But, for some of us die-hards its hard to endure this because we saw greatness before. But, we all know since 1999 its not going to be changed now or in the future until Ross and all these clown buffoons are gone. If you all believe in Flores and this coaching staff is sufficient they need to somehow resemble it and win some ****ing games! Because next is even harder than this year they will need all the luck in the world with next year's opponents to win 5 games. If we believe in Flores he needs to win 3, 9 , 11, 14 to make us all believe we can win a Super Bowl with him. If he goes 0, 3, 6, 9. We are right back where this **** began. I for one will not be satisfied with that even with tanking for Tua or Trevor. It is insane. If he can coach and we all believe he is the answer then he needs to win regardless of what we have out there period. Because it ain't gonna get any better if you can't win even a little. Look at what is coming up folks!

2020 Opponents

Last edited:
The most puzzling of all this clown act is Ross the buffoon owner who stated in February we are going 3-13. That's the plan. Grier was told to rid of the talent to make us as poor as can be an holy **** it has worked to perfection so far. But, for some of us die-hards its hard to endure this because we saw greatness before. But, we all know since 1999 its not going to be changed now or in the future until Ross and all these clown buffoons are gone. If you all believe in Flores and this coaching staff is sufficient they need to somehow resemble it and win some ****ing games! Because next is even harder than this year they will need all the luck in the world with next year's opponents to win 5 games. If we believe in Flores he needs to win 3, 9 , 11, 14 to make us all believe we can win a Super Bowl with him. If he goes 0, 3, 6, 9. We are right back where this **** began. I for one will not be satisfied with that even with tanking for Tua or Trevor. It is insane. If he can coach and we all believe he is the answer then he needs to win regardless of what we have out there period. Because it ain't gonna get any better if you can't win even a little. Look at what is come up folks!
Why do people always say that?

“I would hope I don’t have to go 3-13,” Ross responded. “But whatever it’s going to take, we are going to build the organization with the right players who are coming here to win….. If it takes a year or two years or three years, we are going to be there and we’re going to be an organization.”
https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article223763545.html

I don’t think Tua is the only QB on their radar. I think he is an NFL ready prospect that will certainly have success in the right system. However, the QB class this year has a lot of potential, so you’d hope they were doing their due diligence on all the top guys. If they could walk away with Chase Young AND the QB they wanted...dream scenario.
Hardly. John elway, Peyton Manning, luck, you don’t pass them up in their drafts and you don’t pass up Tua.

The most puzzling of all this clown act is Ross the buffoon owner who stated in February we are going 3-13. That's the plan. Grier was told to rid of the talent to make us as poor as can be an holy **** it has worked to perfection so far. But, for some of us die-hards its hard to endure this because we saw greatness before. But, we all know since 1999 its not going to be changed now or in the future until Ross and all these clown buffoons are gone. If you all believe in Flores and this coaching staff is sufficient they need to somehow resemble it and win some ****ing games! Because next is even harder than this year they will need all the luck in the world with next year's opponents to win 5 games. If we believe in Flores he needs to win 3, 9 , 11, 14 to make us all believe we can win a Super Bowl with him. If he goes 0, 3, 6, 9. We are right back where this **** began. I for one will not be satisfied with that even with tanking for Tua or Trevor. It is insane. If he can coach and we all believe he is the answer then he needs to win regardless of what we have out there period. Because it ain't gonna get any better if you can't win even a little. Look at what is come up folks!

2020 Opponents

I have seen enough from Flores to give him a shot. I didnt think the coaches would purposefully tank but I really think they are now. They didnt anticipate the competition would be this tough haha We are honestly gonna see some shady ass **** the next 8 weeks. Should be exciting and nerve racking. Buckle up.

if
It's hard to watch because as an NFL fan, I don't want the Dolphins' tank to be successful. It's bad for the NFL and I don't want the Dolphins to be the poster team for tanking & the NFL to change the draft rules.

As a Dolphins fan, it's a sad state from a once proud franchise. There's plenty of great QBs in the league that were not drafted #1 overall. Shame on the owner and GM for damaging the organization's history & pride in order to tank the season.
What’s happened in the last 20 years to contribute to this supposedly proud franchise? The ****ing wildcat?

I’ve been following the Dolphins for over 30 years but all this talk of a once proud franchise is living in the past, just like Larry Csonka and his bunch of cronies. Nobody outside of the Dolphins gives a ****. Since the turn of the century we’ve been a lame duck joke of a franchise with no identity or redeemable qualities. 19 years of that and people are worried about one year of tanking?

if
What’s happened in the last 20 years to contribute to this supposedly proud franchise? The ****ing wildcat?

I’ve been following the Dolphins for over 30 years but all this talk of a once proud franchise is living in the past, just like Larry Csonka and his bunch of cronies. Nobody outside of the Dolphins gives a ****. Since the turn of the century we’ve been a lame duck joke of a franchise with no identity or redeemable qualities. 19 years of that and people are worried about one year of tanking?
Exactly: it’s like Portugal bragging about being a world power— 500 years ago.

Every significant thing this franchise has accomplished occurred decades ago at this point. People on here are like Detroit Lions fans in the 90s bragging about their NFL championships from the 50s.

Hardly. John elway, Peyton Manning, luck, you don’t pass them up in their drafts and you don’t pass up Tua.

Funny you mention Elway when the 1983 draft class had Jim Kelly and Dan Marino go in the 1st round as well. Throw in Russell Wilson going in the 3rd in the same draft as Luck and you might see my point. The best QB in a draft doesn’t have to be the most hyped one.

I am talking about moving Davis to LT, putting the newly aquired better at LT player at RT where he really struggled then deactivating Calhoun for other guy they just got
All with like a day of practice under their belt

you’re kidding right? The coaching staff is expiramenting and trying to make chicken salad out of chicken ****. The line for the past 3 weeks considering the scrubs that they have had to work with has been a lot better than it would have been under the previous coaching staff. In fact, it’s not even that much worst than last year at this point under Gase. My point is the coaching staff has no choice but to work with the players they’ve got and they’ve got them playing hard and looking fairly competent at times and I think that showing improvement in areas that are talent deficient and developing players that show promise like Jenkins, Williams, parker, etc. is a good sign and that the grade for this coaching staff is a long way from being definitive or complete.

Funny you mention Elway when the 1983 draft class had Jim Kelly and Dan Marino go in the 1st round as well. Throw in Russell Wilson going in the 3rd in the same draft as Luck and you might see my point. The best QB in a draft doesn’t have to be the most hyped one.
its funny you focus on the elway point of that draft. OF course he's the only QB from that draft to win a superbowl. what else do you have?

2020 Opponents

Talk to Mommy.jpg

Back
Top Bottom