The puzzling thing about this season | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The puzzling thing about this season

Drafted a first ballot hall of famer and most likely another one in Zach Thomas. He also drafted two all pros at cornerback.

A lot more than what can be said in the 20 years since he left.
He drafted great defensive players.

I said he couldn't draft an offensive player to save his life when he was here.

No idea why you replied to my post referencing linebackers and corners.

Chase young pick 1 for the fins and next available Qb.. that’s my dream scenario for the draft. Screw Tua..

Heh. This team is doing exactly what they set out to to. Draft Tua. Nothing else matters.
So what if the Bengals end up getting the first pick and they draft Tua? Does that mean that the Dolphins have completely failed, since nothing else matters, according to you?

Personally I think if they get Young with their first pick and use their other first round draft picks to select a QB and an offensive lineman, this will considered a successful tank job.

Whether it's with our first or second pick...if we don't select the best QB available, it's a failed tank job.

Miles Garrett or Baker Mayfield...this is our conundrum wrapped in a dilemma.

The Chase Young stans are about as bad as the Tua fanclub....

My point was that it wasn’t the coaching staff who did that, it was the Front office who decided to trade Tunsil 1 week before the start of the season, and once that happened the flood gates opened and the tank was full on. It wasn’t the coaching staff who made that trade, it was the GM with the blessing of the owner. This thread, or mine at least was about coaching, about despite the fact that the GM sold Flores down the river (I’m sure he was okay with it though because he has a 5 year guaranteed contract), and they took what was already the worst line in the NFL and then made it pop warner quality, that these guys worked with whatever scraps they had available, and in about week 6, they actually got that line up to semi-respectable level. That’s is a hell of a coaching job, that was my point.

Still avoiding my question
The coaches made the worst possible decision on OL ...not anyone else
I can't think of a reason to insert brand new guys in as starterst afte going with a set line all of pre-season

Elway was one of the best QBs ever. I have no issue grabbing Tua, if he is deemed the Guy, but youre missing my point. It took building a complete team around The Guy is my takeaway from Elway's career.

Elway was a more efficient QB at the end of his career...because he did not have to try to carry his team. I watched A LOT of Broncos games over the years...

And he definitley carried the team to SB's early in career

So what if the Bengals end up getting the first pick and they draft Tua? Does that mean that the Dolphins have completely failed, since nothing else matters, according to you?

Personally I think if they get Young with their first pick and use their other first round draft picks to select a QB and an offensive lineman, this will considered a successful tank job.
This is what matters to Ross and therefore Grier. If we fail to get Tua then yes there will be an element of failure, because that is the goal for the owner and FO. At that point we then start looking at another QB, or a non-QB and then maybe a QB in the teens with the Steelers pick. In time it may turn out that such a turn of events leads to success, but right now Tua is the plan.

its funny you focus on the elway point of that draft. OF course he's the only QB from that draft to win a superbowl. what else do you have?

Marino and Kelly both went to Super Bowls and are members of the HoF. Wilson has a ring and has the chance to put together a HoF career. Meanwhile Luck never saw a SB and retired early. If you are rating QBs on who won SB guys like Nick Foles, Brad Johnson and Trent Dilfer all are “higher” than Marino and Kelly. Football is a team game. As a Dolphin fan you should know having the one of the best QBs to ever play doesn’t mean much if you don’t surround him with talent.

I have no issue with Tua, but very few players are guarantees in today’s NFL. If the FO doesn’t add a lot of talent to our team any QB we draft will struggle.

Back
Top Bottom