The Quick Fix | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Quick Fix

SF Dolphin Fan

Seasoned Veteran
Club Member
Reaction score
The last thing I want Miami to do is go for the quick fix. That has been the philosophy around here for too long and has cost our team dearly in draft picks for veterans and passing on players who could have helped in the long-term. I'll just say Drew Brees and go no further with that one. The Dolphins are near the bottom of the NFL because they haven't been preparing for the long-term and have made bad short-term fixes.

I mention this because there are a lot of short-term coaches out there who would likely continue the quick fix philosophy. I say no to those coaches - the Bill Parcells, maybe even Bill Cowher. I don't think Cowher would be looking 3-5 years down the line. Could be wrong. The Dolphins are likely going to have to gamble on greatness and hope to hit on one of the young assistants they are bringing in for interviews. I'm not sure who I like, but I still believe in bringing in a defensive oriented head coach and a quality offensive coordinator. How about Mike Singletary or Buddy Ryan's son? Also, how come Al Saunders is never mentioned? He has worked under both Dick Vermeil and Joe Gibbs and on both sides of the ball.

Anyway, the Dolphins need to build from the foundation up. If a franchise qb is there for the taking, no way you pass on that guy. Quinn, Brohn and Russell are likely gone by #9, but stranger things have happened. Build the lines, draft a qb maybe like Trent Edwards, and get some playmakers in here. But do it the right way. No quick fixes please.

Back
Top Bottom