The Ravens Beat Down of Cincy Is Kind Of Informative | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Ravens Beat Down of Cincy Is Kind Of Informative

Burrow gives his team the best chance to win. Tua does not. The injury is the reason, period. Flores must think he can win without Tua, he can heal and learn. He'll play him if he has to, but he does have that luxury of not having to ATM. If they don't start him at home against the Jets, the most likely win on the schedule, barring injury to Fitz, he is not going to play this year.

the Bengals just sucked last year, we tanked. that gave us extra ressources, which so far look like we've used wisely.

Cincinnati set themselves up as well as they could have with Burrow.

IMO both teams tanked to a certain degree. Miami was obvious during the offseason and the Bengals didn't hide it during the season. We went hot for a stretch and they still sucked. If this team had started Rosen for the entire year then we could of been the #1 overall holder.

That being said, the Bengals were on a downward trend before last year. They had a small window where Burfict ended any hope with his headshot on AB during the playoffs. Their stars were aging, and their drafts were failing to land enough substance.

I think it's too early imo to call one team ahead of another. Bengals will have the Andrew Luck ride if they can't protect him and until Tua proves himself, the Dolphins won't go too far without a legit QB.

Miami may have a few better pieces here and there, but I don't think it puts us clearly ahead in the short term.

If Tua fails we should have still have built a solid team with all these early picks and salary cap room

So we select another QB

BTW I don’t think Tua fails
Yes we need keep building roster like buffalo and N.E

Cincinnati showed, again, how they 'earned' the #1 overall pick to get Burrow, but showed that even with their franchise QB, they're years away from competing for a Super Bowl.

The Bungles are still closer to being last year's team than they are to being a relevant, competitive NFL team, IMO. They have a lot of good skill players but they fail Football 101 badly. (Football 101 = can run the ball and stop the run, with a related feature of 'protect your QB and pressure the other team's QB'). Cincy is a Long Way from being able to succeed in these key areas.

My point, as it relates to Miami, is that the Dolphins are way farther along as a team towards contention, with players who already have a taste for and a hunger for winning. With Byron Jones in at CB and our 2 WRs healthy, the Dolphins are no slouch team and when we do get Our 1st first-round pick QB in there we'll be in better shape,

As of Sept 1st 2021, I do believe the Dolphins will be in much better shape to contend for the Superbowl than the Cincinnati Bengals who are already playing their 1st-round QB now.

I sure hope this thread doesn't age badly.
I dont disagree with anything you said here but you do realize that the things you pointed out as them failing in "football 101" Miami is also pretty bad at? Miami ranks 21st in rushing yards per game and Cincinatti ranks 23rd. On defense Miami is ranked 19th and Cincinatti is ranked 29th. So yes Miami is a little better in those categories but still not good by any means.

Burrow keeps getting hit the way he is. He will end up like Carr did. He’s on pace to be sacked 70 times this year.

I dont disagree with anything you said here but you do realize that the things you pointed out as them failing in "football 101" Miami is also pretty bad at? Miami ranks 21st in rushing yards per game and Cincinatti ranks 23rd. On defense Miami is ranked 19th and Cincinatti is ranked 29th. So yes Miami is a little better in those categories but still not good by any means.
Miami sucked on D when their top CB was on the shelf. Getting Jones back, who's debatably in the top 6 in the NFL at his position drastically changes the quality and identity of our defense. Now you can put X on the #2 WR, and Noah Igby on the #3, lightens the load on McCain, significantly so that he's able to be aggressive instead of having to clean up the CB's messes as much.
Does Cincy have an elite defender out on IL right now?

Watching Burrow get repeatedly hit this season is painful even as I lay on my couch. Hopefully he'll survive long enough for them to get an improved OL next year. We have taken the long term approach. Build from the ground up with lineman. Slow start but long term gain, the proper way to do it when starting from nothing. IMO.

Miami sucked on D when their top CB was on the shelf. Getting Jones back, who's debatably in the top 6 in the NFL at his position drastically changes the quality and identity of our defense. Now you can put X on the #2 WR, and Noah Igby on the #3, lightens the load on McCain, significantly so that he's able to be aggressive instead of having to clean up the CB's messes as much.
Does Cincy have an elite defender out on IL right now?
No they dont, and I understand what you're saying but I dont see how that significantly helps our bad run D, and it obviously doesnt help our run offense. We are obviously ahead of the Bengals as far as team progression and competing but we still have a bit to work on/add.

Watching Burrow get repeatedly hit this season is painful even as I lay on my couch. Hopefully he'll survive long enough for them to get an improved OL next year. We have taken the long term approach. Build from the ground up with lineman. Slow start but long term gain, the proper way to do it when starting from nothing. IMO.
Well we were fortunate enough to have enough assets in the offseason to get our QB And build from the ground up. Miami had to be the envy of every bad team in the offseason.

Burrow keeps getting hit the way he is. He will end up like Carr did. He’s on pace to be sacked 70 times this year.
When u get pick top 10 what type offense line do u expect have.. playing qb in nfl is not easy u going get hit..it dont matter how good ur oline is..

Back
Top Bottom