The Ravens Beat Down of Cincy Is Kind Of Informative | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Ravens Beat Down of Cincy Is Kind Of Informative

ChitownPhins28

Basement Dweller
Reaction score
Cincinnati showed, again, how they 'earned' the #1 overall pick to get Burrow, but showed that even with their franchise QB, they're years away from competing for a Super Bowl.

The Bungles are still closer to being last year's team than they are to being a relevant, competitive NFL team, IMO. They have a lot of good skill players but they fail Football 101 badly. (Football 101 = can run the ball and stop the run, with a related feature of 'protect your QB and pressure the other team's QB'). Cincy is a Long Way from being able to succeed in these key areas.

My point, as it relates to Miami, is that the Dolphins are way farther along as a team towards contention, with players who already have a taste for and a hunger for winning. With Byron Jones in at CB and our 2 WRs healthy, the Dolphins are no slouch team and when we do get Our 1st first-round pick QB in there we'll be in better shape,

As of Sept 1st 2021, I do believe the Dolphins will be in much better shape to contend for the Superbowl than the Cincinnati Bengals who are already playing their 1st-round QB now.

I sure hope this thread doesn't age badly.

Bengals have a ton of holes. They couldn't fix everything in one draft alone. Franchise QB wasn't going to fix them this year lol

Cincinnati showed, again, how they 'earned' the #1 overall pick to get Burrow, but showed that even with their franchise QB, they're years away from competing for a Super Bowl.

The Bungles are still closer to being last year's team than they are to being a relevant, competitive NFL team, IMO. They have a lot of good skill players but they fail Football 101 badly. (Football 101 = can run the ball and stop the run, with a related feature of 'protect your QB and pressure the other team's QB'). Cincy is a Long Way from being able to succeed in these key areas.

My point, as it relates to Miami, is that the Dolphins are way farther along as a team towards contention, with players who already have a taste for and a hunger for winning. With Byron Jones in at CB and our 2 WRs healthy, the Dolphins are no slouch team and when we do get Our 1st first-round pick QB in there we'll be in better shape,

As of Sept 1st 2021, I do believe the Dolphins will be in much better shape to contend for the Superbowl than the Cincinnati Bengals who are already playing their 1st-round QB now.

I sure hope this thread doesn't age badly.

Quite a few here wanted an elite QB, BUT were competent enough to know no elite QB has made it to the SB without a solid HC and surrounding talent. All the more reason for Fin fans to anticipate success with TT

if on 9/1/21 we are in a worse position then the Bengals then something went really really wrong
Well, there's only thing that can derail us and that's if Tua winds up a bust, either through inability to perform or injury. The first criteria (inability to perform) is something most of you feel he'll have no problem with. I don't know that as much as many of you do, as I haven't seen as much Alabama football with Tua at the helm as you have. (I'm looking for good youtubes to check out). The second possibility (injury) is going to be a specter that hangs over for quite a while.

Well, there's only thing that can derail us and that's if Tua winds up a bust, either through inability to perform or injury. The first criteria (inability to perform) is something most of you feel he'll have no problem with. I don't know that as much as many of you do, as I haven't seen as much Alabama football with Tua at the helm as you have. (I'm looking for good youtubes to check out). The second possibility (injury) is going to be a specter that hangs over for quite a while.
If Tua fails we should have still have built a solid team with all these early picks and salary cap room

So we select another QB

BTW I don’t think Tua fails

The Bengals didn’t have all the draft picks the Dolphins had in the 2020 draft. They also didn’t spend a lot of money on free agents. They have a HC who really shouldn’t have ever been hired for that position. They were the worst team in the NFL last year and without a lot of draft picks , they were not able to add a lot of talent beyond Burrow in the draft.

I agree that the Dolphins are a better team and have a brighter future than the Bengals. Of course if they hire a better head coach, hit on their future draft picks and sign a few quality free agents, the Bengals could turn around their franchise quickly because I believe Burrow will be a franchise type QB in the right situation. It just remains to be seen if the Bengals can become that right situation.

This is the game before he got hurt

This is 2018 and an hour if you really have time

The Bengals are a trashcan organization.

Joe Burrow was never going to live up to that unrealistic senior season. His norm is way below that.

He'll be a good qb, and they'll be a good team with him.

This is the game before he got hurt

This is 2018 and an hour if you really have time

Man, as good as he often was is as bad as he sometimes was.
One thing that stands out is how seldom his receivers had to make great catches. When he was on target, he was On Target.
Also, he used his hips A Lot, so if he has any restriction there, this could be ugly. His hip movement was a huge part of his accuracy. He didnt throw from a place of bad footing. He constantly did little jump stops to gear up his footing to be square to his target.
Anothet takeaway, for me, is that release was Damn Quick unless it was a bomb throw. Once he decided on a target, that ball was Gone!

Yeah, but the Ravens went super sayan due to their embarrassment against KC...Kid's gonna be good. Thing is I've seen his style before with Tom Brady, so I'll probably never watch him unless he's in the playoffs.

Back
Top Bottom