The Ravens signing Stallworth.. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Ravens signing Stallworth..

MIA 23 DOLFAN

Scout Team
Reaction score
Today the Baltimore Ravens signed Donte Stallworth for almost no money at all.. only 900k for a year. This tells me the Dolphins were not interested and have another WR as their priority. 900k is nothing for a #1 wide out... the browns had previously had him under contract for 35 mil! The man made a mental mistake which had nothing to do with the game, got suspended for a year, and is back. THE DOLPHINS need a number 1 playmaker, this has been voiced by us, and the FO. If there was a #1 available for nothing, why not snag him for that chump change and give him a shot, and still have the ability to draft dez.. unless they have another WR that they have more than their eyes on. Armando and a few of you other people who say a playmaking WR is not a top priority of ours is wrong. We have a great group of guys, who for the most part, can catch the ball. WE NEED A BIG TRUE #1 who will draw most coverage to him as you all already know...

BP must have something in the works but it seems like I always think that and nothing happens but another good player we needed signs with playoff football teams.. Oh well..

Today the Baltimore Ravens signed Donte Stallworth for almost no money at all.. only 900k for a year. This tells me the Dolphins were not interested and have another WR as their priority. 900k is nothing for a #1 wide out... the browns had previously had him under contract for 35 mil! The man made a mental mistake which had nothing to do with the game, got suspended for a year, and is back. THE DOLPHINS need a number 1 playmaker, this has been voiced by us, and the FO. If there was a #1 available for nothing, why not snag him for that chump change and give him a shot, and still have the ability to draft dez.. unless they have another WR that they have more than their eyes on. Armando and a few of you other people who say a playmaking WR is not a top priority of ours is wrong. We have a great group of guys, who for the most part, can catch the ball. WE NEED A BIG TRUE #1 who will draw most coverage to him as you all already know...

I hope this stops the the sign Stallworth treads!

He made a "mental mistake" !!!!!!! Nice, way to down grade murdering someone, I guess R.Lewis made a mental mistake too! Your wrong it had everything to do with the game, your actions off the field speak volumes of the player you are on the field and on a team.

Wow, to think the FO might have different plans then to sign some loser to lead our young players! Easy move by the FO because signing this guy would have been a huge mistake!

Who said the FO said finding a playmaker at WR is not a top priority. If I remember correctly, JI said he wanted one, as did Henne. That being said, that is why they did not go after Stallworth, because he IS NOT a playmaking WR. It was a very good decision not to go after him as IMO he wouldnt be that much of an upgrade over what we already have, if even an upgrade at all. Stallworth isnt a #1, and he certainly doenst command double coverage.

Take a look at these pedestrian stats.

http://www.nfl.com/players/donte'stallworth/profile?id=STA280100

He averages 42 catches for 600 yards and 4 TD's/year. Isnt that close to what Hartline had as a rookie? And if Stallworth couldnt produce with the 2007 Ratriots, he never will produce.

Great. Now he's gonna live kind of close to me.
Guess I gotta watch where I walk a little more carefully.

Who said the FO said finding a playmaker at WR is not a top priority. If I remember correctly, JI said he wanted one, as did Henne. That being said, that is why they did not go after Stallworth, because he IS NOT a playmaking WR. It was a very good decision not to go after him as IMO he wouldnt be that much of an upgrade over what we already have, if even an upgrade at all. Stallworth isnt a #1, and he certainly doenst command double coverage.

Take a look at these pedestrian stats.

http://www.nfl.com/players/donte'stallworth/profile?id=STA280100

He averages 42 catches for 600 yards and 4 TD's/year. Isnt that close to what Hartline had as a rookie? And if Stallworth couldnt produce with the 2007 Ratriots, he never will produce.

REREAD what I said, THE FO wants a #1... ARMANDO AND A FEW OTHER ON THESE BOARDS don't believe so... c'mon man!

lol don't compare stallworth to hartline... that is ridiculous... go look at the amount games stallworths played per season because of injury and that will explain your pedestrian stats pal.

He made a "mental mistake" !!!!!!! Nice, way to down grade murdering someone, I guess R.Lewis made a mental mistake too! Your wrong it had everything to do with the game, your actions off the field speak volumes of the player you are on the field and on a team.

Wow, to think the FO might have different plans then to sign some loser to lead our young players! Easy move by the FO because signing this guy would have been a huge mistake!

Yes, he made a mental mistake. He was driving early in the morning after drinking the night previous and hit a man who was not in a crosswalk and was not visible to him. He paid the price, and was nothing but supportive and helpful to the victims and the court. Despite what happened he has been a stand up guy.

Last edited by a moderator:
anyways... this post has nothing to do with stallworths credability... i just believe since we passed him up for such a low risk.. we have others on the radar.

in '07 Cameron/Mueller were interested and Stallworth said he'd never play for such a crappy franchise (i'm paraphrasing)...he went to NEP (did nothing), Cleveland (still nothing), now B'more.

don't loose any sleep over it.

REREAD what I said, THE FO wants a #1... ARMANDO AND A FEW OTHER ON THESE BOARDS don't believe so... c'mon man!

lol don't compare stallworth to hartline... that is ridiculous... go look at the amount games stallworths played per season because of injury and that will explain your pedestrian stats pal.

So aside from not being a playmaker, he is also an injury prone reciever..

You also have only proven my point even more. By averages, Stallworth has played in 13 games starting 9 while Hartline has played in 16 games starting only 2.. Hartline has beaten Stallworths averages in only his first year.

YES! Just what we should go sign, pal. :up:

Back
Top Bottom