The Real Alex Smith | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Real Alex Smith

finfan75

Starter
Reaction score
Don't believe the hype. Those present at Alex Smith's workout certainly didn't. Sure the former Utah quarterback looked good in working out in front of numerous scouts and personnel men on March 16. But his performance was nowhere near as good as the agents who leaked the workout "information" would have you believe. Smith's receivers at the workout were told not to run full speed and he worked almost exclusively out of the shotgun. "He sure looked clumsy taking the snap from under center," one scout revealed.
-- New York Post

Great article.

And by the way, Jesus would make his own choices and decisions and not think about what someone else would do.

shouright said:
Great article.

And by the way, Jesus would make his own choices and decisions and not think about what someone else would do.

Bold statement but true nevertheless.
:D

shouright said:
Great article.

My point exactly he would do whats best for the Dolphins. I don't get what you are trying to say. :confused:

The press can boost any stock, heck, either that, or a good time in the 40 :)

You have to hope that our talent evaluators took away a good enough read on Smith to either take or pass on him.

finfan75 said:
Don't believe the hype. Those present at Alex Smith's workout certainly didn't. Sure the former Utah quarterback looked good in working out in front of numerous scouts and personnel men on March 16. But his performance was nowhere near as good as the agents who leaked the workout "information" would have you believe. Smith's receivers at the workout were told not to run full speed and he worked almost exclusively out of the shotgun. "He sure looked clumsy taking the snap from under center," one scout revealed.
-- New York Post

Just maybe that one scout wants Smith to last so his team can pick him???

HMMMMM!

You really have to question this article. Why would Smith work almost exclusivly out of the shotgun? That is the knock on him-so he would want to show more under center. Also, don't you think that it would do more harm than good to have the WR run less than full speed-the scouts would be able to tell, besides these WR are working on their own draft stock. Do you really think that they would want to go less than full speed? They would only be hurting their stock.

I may be wrong, but this article seems a bit off to me.

finfan75 said:
My point exactly he would do whats best for the Dolphins. I don't get what you are trying to say. :confused:
It's just interesting to me that a lot of people ask, "what would Jesus do?" when Jesus himself was pretty famous for following his own thoughts and feelings in making choices and decisions. In other words, if a people were really following what Jesus would do, they wouldn't be asking what Jesus would do -- they'd be following their own thoughts and feelings.

Scouts' different reports don't matter too much on this... Saban had people there, and their opinion is the one that matters.

I don't think we can conclusively make a decision on Alex Smith one way or the other. I do trust Gil Brandt, though.

shouright said:
It's just interesting to me that a lot of people ask, "what would Jesus do?" when Jesus himself was pretty famous for following his own thoughts and feelings in making choices and decisions. In other words, if a people were really following what Jesus would do, they wouldn't be asking what Jesus would do -- they'd be following their own thoughts and feelings.

You're pretty far off with that. It was the choices and decisions he made in times of conflict that people ask What would Jesus do?.

Well, you brought it up.. :nono:

finfan75 said:
-- New York Post

Already been posted, the newspaper writer fails to quote anyone by name, he is contradicted by no less an expert than Gil Brandt who was personally there as well as many others who have gone on record.

Its funny how fans hate our local writers and don't trust what they print, and yet they take as gospel what some hack writes in a fishwrap like the New York Post.

When I see named individuals who were there criticizing his workout I'll give it some credibility.

I have no idea what this writers agenda is, and neither do you.

infiltrateib said:
Scouts' different reports don't matter too much on this... Saban had people there, and their opinion is the one that matters.

I don't think we can conclusively make a decision on Alex Smith one way or the other. I do trust Gil Brandt, though.

No, Saban was there personally.

Back
Top Bottom