The Real reason Bowles got the nod over Nolan. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Real reason Bowles got the nod over Nolan.

snake eyes

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Ross knows he is not going to use any coach on staff next season. He is so sure of this fact that there is one glaring reason I can think of why he went to the untested young bowles over Nolan. Cuz he is black. Now Ross can get the NFL requirement out of the way to interview a minority coach. Now they can say they tried Bowles and it didnt work out. I think the minority rule is stupid anyway. I mean if you dont hire the best coach because he is a minority then you do it to your teams peril. The only team you hurt is your own. But I have to think this was the thought process and probably in a business sense it is a smart move especially after the Dez Bryant and Mike Tomlin issues.

Yeah, it was a Rooney Rule hire but at least it gives us a chance to really see what he can do and other teams to evaluate him as a possible candidate as well. He has the NFL credentials to potentially be hired as a full-time coach and if the Fins win the next two games, it could be sooner rather than later. There are several coaches that will be toast in the next couple of weeks and I would not doubt that Bowles gets several interviews should the Fins win out.

Watch us let Bowles walk at seasons end and he gets a Head Coaching job with another team and excels. Then watch us get a coach who brings us more of the same crap. I think we'd jump off a cliff in mass numbers if that happened.

Ross knows he is not going to use any coach on staff next season. He is so sure of this fact that there is one glaring reason I can think of why he went to the untested young bowles over Nolan. Cuz he is black. Now Ross can get the NFL requirement out of the way to interview a minority coach. Now they can say they tried Bowles and it didnt work out. I think the minority rule is stupid anyway. I mean if you dont hire the best coach because he is a minority then you do it to your teams peril. The only team you hurt is your own. But I have to think this was the thought process and probably in a business sense it is a smart move especially after the Dez Bryant and Mike Tomlin issues.

The newspapers said that a current coach ... doesn't count for the Rooney Rule requirements ... has to be and outsider interview to fulfill the requirements.

He probably wants to try and keep Nolan next season. Not very likely that he would become interim head coach and step back down to DC.

Todd Bowles is a up and coming coach. He's been interviewed for various jobs before and will undoubtable find more work if/when he is let go. Mike Nolan is a already known commodity. Ross certainly wanted to make sure he didn't have a diamond in the rough under his very nose.

As jumpy as our fanbase is, how do you think this forum would respond to Bowles going to another team and winning a Superbowl? Other teams have already figured this out, the Bucs quickly hired Raheem Morris as head coach when he started getting interviews and the Vikings promoted Leslie Frazier before another team could snatch him. Admittedly those haven't worked out, but you cant blame Ross for going for an unknown prospect when the season is already blown.

I agree 100% with OP.

Ross is gonna hire a bigname coach.

Having Bowles run the team now, fulfills the Roney rule.

The only thing that points to possibly keeping one or both coordinators is the fact that Jeff Ireland is going to still be around

It's also possible that Nolan turned down the offer to be the interim coach. A few articles have recently come out with Nolan saying that he is enjoying being a coordinator and really loves what he is doing. I don't see why he would want the position to be honest, he has a good setup.

Strangly enough I would rather lift the interim from Boles then hire one of the coordinators that will be available at seasons end. The big sexies are out of the picture.

Strangly enough I would rather lift the interim from Boles then hire one of the coordinators that will be available at seasons end. The big sexies are out of the picture.

Outside of Cohwer, I think this is the best move. This team has alot in place and just a few missing parts. A new coach is going to want to do things his way. I wouldnt change a thing. Just hire an O-line coach.

Back
Top Bottom