The real reason for optimism over AJ Feeley... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The real reason for optimism over AJ Feeley...

volk

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
When I first heard we had decided to sign AJ Feeley, I must admit that I was pretty upset...I just couldn't comprehend the Dolphins pursuing what I thought was a 3rd string QB. Since then, I have thought about it a lot, and have decided that the move is not so much positive because it is AJ Feeley, but that it is positive because of what it means for the future.

AJ Feeley is a risk, there is no doubt about that, but he is much more than a risk, he is a line in the sand. He is a polarizing agent. He is a divider, and that is what makes this a good signing. We will finally know what these Dolphins are made of.

If AJ succeeds, Rick will look like an elite talent evaluator, and the rest of the team will be exposed. Does the defense fold because the QB hasn't kept them off the field long enough? Are our receivers the real problem? Is the OL as bad as we all think, or was it the lack of a potent passing game the problem? If Feeley succeeds, we will finally know what our true weaknesses are.

On the flip side, if Feeley fails, this team will finally be forced to make the tough decisions they have put off for yet another year. Dave will be gone. Rick may be replaced by a proven talent evaluator. The QB will finally be addressed in the draft. In short, if he fails, the changes we all expected at the end of this last season will finally become a reality.

Regardless how Feeley performs, he will finally provide us with some answers...something that Dave has been unable to do every season he has been here...and *that* is a good thing.

I hear ya, but w/o an upgrade of the OL, there were/are no QBs available who would suceed. Feeley better be the start of the upgrade of the O w/more WR help and upgrades to the OL coming

Originally posted by dolphan39
I hear ya, but w/o an upgrade of the OL, there were/are no QBs available who would suceed. Feeley better be the start of the upgrade of the O w/more WR help and upgrades to the OL coming

I agree that we need to upgrade those positions, but with AJ, we will finally be able to remove the Fiedler argument from the table. AJ will give us an honest look at the team by removing the onus from Jay. People will finally be forced to stop pinning wins and loses solely on Jay, and will finally have to look honestly at every position, starting with the FO, and working our way down.

that is definitely true for most dolphans... some of us actually believe that football is a team sport though ;) :lol:

There are no QB's next year. We better get rid of Jay and do what ever it takes to get rivers. I am not down on Feeley but I think he is a backup.

I'm hoping and praying that he does and won't be another Lucas / BG / backup who sucks. If that happens.....we're SCREWED.

sorry, not trying to be negative and I applaud RS for trying to make a positive change.....I just haven't seen AJ play enough to know whether or not it is going to work out for us so I'm a bit nervous......so Good Luck AJ....

Originally posted by jbond
I'm hoping and praying that he does and won't be another Lucas / BG / backup who sucks. If that happens.....we're SCREWED.

sorry, not trying to be negative and I applaud RS for trying to make a positive change.....I just haven't seen AJ play enough to know whether or not it is going to work out for us so I'm a bit nervous......so Good Luck AJ....

Excellent post!!!!
People around here need to learn from you.
The deal shouldn't be trashed, because NO ONE knows what will happen yet. I personally think he will do just fine.

I see nothing negative about that post jbond. That is all any of us can hope for. Of course there are those that seem to have the Urim and Thummim in their possesion, that think otherwise.

if u think about it, this is a win-win situation for us. if AJ does good then we all know RS can deliver & has an eye for talent then we proceed to can Wanny. if AJ fails then we can Wanny for all those yrs as a bad GM & getting us where we are today. either way, Wanny is gone. :D

we should keep RS though, i think he can do well for us. if we can give JF/Wanny 4 yrs, i think we can atleast give RS 2-3 yrs as our GM.

Nice pic, are you a New Orleans fan?

the guy who started this post...thats the best feeley post i have read yet on these forums.

Back
Top Bottom