The real Sanchez is back today | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The real Sanchez is back today

I know, you used that line last week when one of your weak arguments was roasted. I guess I should expect this on a weekly basis.

There are a million articles b/c it was a hot topic after that interview, the league was laughing at him callimg himselgf elite and up there w/ Brady so it made big news.

I postes that article. I'll go back to 2010 and find articles. I've been tied up in meetings the last day or so so I'll try to do that tomorrow.

There were ZERO questions about Tebow competing, that was all SPECULATION. From day 1 Rex said there wasn't a competition and clearly there wasn't.

Maybe the team repeatedly insisted it b/c the media kept making it a story? can we use common sense for once please?

Zero questions about Tebow but then you mention speculation. You're either going to have speculation or action. Those are the only two options. People speculated Sanchez could lose his job to Tebow b/c he's an average QB.

---------- Post added at 05:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:06 PM ----------

bleacher report? really? The media overreacts, I don't base my judgemens based on media members that barely watch these guys play and our favorite fake Pats fan said he was bottom 3rd for 3 years, in 2010 Sanchez was arguably top 10.

by the way, #4 or 5 doesn't mean elite. There isn't a certain # of elite QBs but when a QB has yet to have a full elite season how can he be considered elite? Maybe an elite postseason QB but not an elite overall QB.

This again, man I was hoping we could talk about this again.

Eli is elite. The Giants are elite. The Jets are not elite.

who is making anything up? the elite players are the greatest players in the game, not guys who are great one game then suck the next. The elite teams are the top teams in the league, the teams competing for championships. Where have I changed anything? I get you don't have anything to attack my argument w/ but this is pretty weak from you.

No one who knows anything about the Jets questioned Sanchez's status and did the Giants have a backup who won a playoff game the year before? Nowhere did I say Eli was in jeopardy of being benchec, just that he was under scrutiny- JUST LIKE SANCHEZ. Never in danger of losing his job but under heavy scrutiny.

You are right, we have less questions now than the Giants had a year ago. sanchez wasn't coming off TWENTY FIVE INTs and didn't start off week 1 throwing a backbreaking INT for a TD in a loss to a bad team.

---------- Post added at 01:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:39 PM ----------

bleacher report? really? The media overreacts, I don't base my judgemens based on media members that barely watch these guys play and our favorite fake Pats fan said he was bottom 3rd for 3 years, in 2010 Sanchez was arguably top 10.

by the way, #4 or 5 doesn't mean elite. There isn't a certain # of elite QBs but when a QB has yet to have a full elite season how can he be considered elite? Maybe an elite postseason QB but not an elite overall QB.

You are either dense or purposely evasive. You claimed the Jets were elite but not great. Now elite players are the greatest in the game. Is English not your first language?

Blah, blah, blah... The media is biased against poor Marky, boo hoo.....I'm right and all the football analysts are wrong, waa, waa...

Sanchez is and always has been a bottom tier QB. Everybody knows it. Doesn't matter how many times you deny it. I hope the Jets stick with him for years. Eli is in the group of elite NFL QBs. You of all people should admit that because in your view post season success is all important and all the credit goes to the QB (at least that's the case you try to make for the sorry Jets QB).

Zero questions about Tebow but then you mention speculation. You're either going to have speculation or action. Those are the only two options. People speculated Sanchez could lose his job to Tebow b/c he's an average QB.

---------- Post added at 05:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:06 PM ----------

This again, man I was hoping we could talk about this again.

Eli is elite. The Giants are elite. The Jets are not elite.

People that aren't around the team that want a controversy speculated, those w/ or around the team knew there was no chance Tebow was even competing for the job.

Eli is not elite, NYG are elite(though not based on your criteria) and the Jets have been elite under Rex.

You are either dense or purposely evasive. You claimed the Jets were elite but not great. Now elite players are the greatest in the game. Is English not your first language?

Blah, blah, blah... The media is biased against poor Marky, boo hoo.....I'm right and all the football analysts are wrong, waa, waa...

Sanchez is and always has been a bottom tier QB. Everybody knows it. Doesn't matter how many times you deny it. I hope the Jets stick with him for years. Eli is in the group of elite NFL QBs. You of all people should admit that because in your view post season success is all important and all the credit goes to the QB (at least that's the case you try to make for the sorry Jets QB).

Who cares? I don't recall exactly what I said but does it mater? the Jets have been elite under rex, Eli is not elite. All you had to do was watch NFL network last night to understand why. They were discussing good Eli vs. bad Eli, w/ elite players you know what you are getting every week. maybe they have a bad game once in a while but each week wondering whether good or bad Eli will show tells us he is not elite.

I don't care what the media says, going into last year there were tons of good articles written about Mark. he was celebrated for winning all those playoff games, last year he stunk to end the season and deserved to be bashed but the media and fans are always about the last performance. A week ago mark was being celebrated as taking that next step, this week he stepped back and he sucks again. I don't waffle, I don't allow fans and the media to tell me what I can see w/ my eyes.

Sanchez was a botto tier QB for part of his rookie season and that's it. he was a top tier QB in year 2 and mid of the pack in year 3.

Eli is not elite and Sanchez after 3 years was better than Eli after 3 years but we forget that b/c all of a sudden Eli is elite b/c he had a great postseason.

People that aren't around the team that want a controversy speculated, those w/ or around the team knew there was no chance Tebow was even competing for the job.

Eli is not elite, NYG are elite(though not based on your criteria) and the Jets have been elite under Rex.

You do realize it isn't possible for you to tell me that I'm wrong about my own criteria right? I know you aren't that insane.

You do realize it isn't possible for you to tell me that I'm wrong about my own criteria right? I know you aren't that insane.

You posted your criteria which incluided winning the SB then having big season over the next 3 years. That didn't happen after 2007 and it's TBd over the next 3 years for the '11 Giants- this is based on YOUR criteria.

You posted your criteria which incluided winning the SB then having big season over the next 3 years. That didn't happen after 2007 and it's TBd over the next 3 years for the '11 Giants- this is based on YOUR criteria.

It didn't happen in your opinion. Your opinion is not relevant to what my idea of being elite is, hence it being MY version. The Giants won the SB in 2007, had success in MY opinion the next three years (not ultimate success mind you AKA more SBs), and then won again in 2011.

That is what I said elite is. Your input cannot change what my lone opinion is regarding an elite team.

I can only go by what criteria you posted and according to your criteria the Giants aren't elite.

By your own definition, the Jets cannot be considered elite because they never had a full elite season. No division titles, no SB appearances.

I don't care what the media says, going into last year there were tons of good articles written about Mark. he was celebrated for winning all those playoff games, last year he stunk to end the season and deserved to be bashed but the media and fans are always about the last performance. A week ago mark was being celebrated as taking that next step, this week he stepped back and he sucks again. I don't waffle, I don't allow fans and the media to tell me what I can see w/ my eyes.

Sanchez was a botto tier QB for part of his rookie season and that's it. he was a top tier QB in year 2 and mid of the pack in year 3.

Eli is not elite and Sanchez after 3 years was better than Eli after 3 years but we forget that b/c all of a sudden Eli is elite b/c he had a great postseason.

In summary, you're a fanboy and you're not about to let reality get in the way.

By your own definition, the Jets cannot be considered elite because they never had a full elite season. No division titles, no SB appearances.

In summary, you're a fanboy and you're not about to let reality get in the way.

Tema vs. individual is different, wouldn't you agree?

here comes the deflecting personal attack.

Who cares? I don't recall exactly what I said but does it mater?

I guess you make up enough non-sensical arguments that you can't be expected to be consistent or remember what you wrote.

The Jets are elite but not great. Eli is not elite because he is not consistently great....WTF???

Tema vs. individual is different, wouldn't you agree?

And...... he redefines the English language.... in the two phrases "elite player" and "elite team", somehow elite takes on two different meanings..... wow....

And...... he redefines the English language.... in the two phrases "elite player" and "elite team", somehow elite takes on two different meanings..... wow....

you cannot remember what you posted 10 mins ago?

"By your own definition, the Jets cannot be considered elite because they never had a full elite season. No division titles, no SB appearances."

if you think team and individual are evaluated the same then I guess Dan marino cannot be elite since he never won a SB and Dilfer is elite.

I guess you make up enough non-sensical arguments that you can't be expected to be consistent or remember what you wrote.

The Jets are elite but not great. Eli is not elite because he is not consistently great....WTF???

The bottom line is this. The Jets have been a consistent contender under Rex, tied for most playoff wins, lead AFC in playoff wins, lead NFL in conf title game apps. That's ewlite

Throwing 25 INts 1 year then leading team to 9 wins the next is not elite. Elite postseason player? absolutely, elite overall player? absolutely not. Did you watch the game last night? did you see them discussing "good Eli vs. Bad Eli"- what other elite QB do you have to wonder what you will get from week to week?

I can only go by what criteria you posted and according to your criteria the Giants aren't elite.

I'm really trying to understand you here. It cannot be real that you're telling me my criteria of what makes the Giants elite is proof of why they aren't. I'm telling you that you're wrong.

---------- Post added at 02:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:27 PM ----------

if you think team and individual are evaluated the same then I guess Dan marino cannot be elite since he never won a SB and Dilfer is elite.

Well Marino did only get to the AFCCG once which is one year less than the elite Jets. That sounds like he isn't elite to me. /sarcasm

you cannot remember what you posted 10 mins ago?

"By your own definition, the Jets cannot be considered elite because they never had a full elite season. No division titles, no SB appearances."

If you think you can make up meanings of words, you can't be proven wrong. After all wrong=right, up=down, in=out.... it is a crazy, wacky world...

The bottom line is this. The Jets have been a consistent contender under Rex, tied for most playoff wins, lead AFC in playoff wins, lead NFL in conf title game apps. That's ewlite

whoa, let me say the same thing three ways to make it sound better.... They are tied for last in SB appearances. Does that make them elite? They weren't consistent enough to finish better than 8-8 last year, does that make them elite? They backed into the playoffs in 2009 does that make them elite? Elite teams host a playoff game more than once very 10 or 12 years. They have only won a division title TWICE since the merger and ZERO times under Ryan. Does that make them elite? A couple of decent performances in the playoffs does not make an average team elite.

Throwing 25 INts 1 year then leading team to 9 wins the next is not elite. Elite postseason player? absolutely, elite overall player? absolutely not. Did you watch the game last night? did you see them discussing "good Eli vs. Bad Eli"- what other elite QB do you have to wonder what you will get from week to week?

Wait, I thought the media just makes stuff up? Or is that only about Sanchez?

Back
Top Bottom