"The Real Story Behind The Dez Bryant Question" | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"The Real Story Behind The Dez Bryant Question"

If this can be proven or backed up by any other sources, it makes the Dolphins look even better. Not only was Ireland only asking the question in response to an answer he was given, but the Dolphins also seemingly attempted to take the high road by not revealing any other negative aspects of Dez's interview.

You were on the money! Good job.:hi5:

With the news coming out today that the prostitute question was a followup to Dez saying his Dad was a pimp and that his Mom worked for him, clears Ireland of any wrong doing.

Yes I know Dez is denying the Dolphins version, but what else would he do? He blabbed to the media that he was offended not really thinking the story would take off. Now that it did, all gloves are off and the truth finally comes out. Dez is probably wishing he never said anything because no that the truth is out, he looks like a fool.

The media, fans, the NFL and even Dez Bryant himself should be apologizing to Jeff. The only sad part is that this part of the story, the true part of the story, will not make the rounds through the media and the NFL like the original Dez/Mike Silver story, which is shameful. I really hope they plaster the true version all over ESPN and other networks to help clear Jeff's name.

Dez acted like a punk by trying to turn the context of the conversation into one that made Jeff look like was being arrogant. I doubt any person can really look at this situation and believe Dez's version over what actually happened. Dez's version makes no sense, while the true version makes total sense. The dumb little fool that Dez is has potentially ruined Ireland's good name and I hope he fails as a NFL receiver. Though with his family history and the history of him being a LIAR will probably do him in.

Plenty of blame to go around.
Don't forget the glorified internet blogger, Michael Silver who ran with the story based on the word of a proven liar and noncomplier, and in doing so, permanently outed Dez as the son of a crack dealing felon and possibly even more.

14jq5nc-1.jpg

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ose-to-bryant-says-dolphins-leak-is-bullsh-t/

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...t-denies-telling-dolphins-his-dad-was-a-pimp/

To act like this is closed is silly. I don't know who is telling the truth but if that was the context of the question why would Ireland apologize?
It was a lose-lose situation. He was still wrong for asking the question (but not national media outrage wrong). Common decency says you don't ask a man if his mother is a prostitute. That is why he apologized.

However, when something like this comes out the best thing you can do is let the story die. Any response you gives just means more headlines and a greater association of your name/team with the incident. Regardless of how wrong Ireland was, the perception of the incident made it impossible for him to fight it.

He had a choice of being the guy that made the mistake of asking if a players mom was a hoe or being the guy that thought is was acceptable to refer to someones mother as such. Labeling it as an "honest mistake" was just not gonna fly with the general public.

It was a lose-lose situation. He was still wrong for asking the question (but not national media outrage wrong). Common decency says you don't ask a man if his mother is a prostitute. That is why he apologized.

However, when something like this comes out the best thing you can do is let the story die. Any response you gives just means more headlines and a greater association of your name/team with the incident. Regardless of how wrong Ireland was, the perception of the incident made it impossible for him to fight it.

He had a choice of being the guy that made the mistake of asking if a players mom was a hoe or being the guy that thought is was acceptable to refer to someones mother as such. Labeling it as an "honest mistake" was just not gonna fly with the general public.

when you are going to pay a guy close to 30 million dollars, and the guy says his dad was a pimp and his mom worked for him, I dont think its out of line to ask that question. You got to be sure with these guys otherwise you could get a jamarcus russell who just wanted the money and didnt want to play.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ose-to-bryant-says-dolphins-leak-is-bullsh-t/

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...t-denies-telling-dolphins-his-dad-was-a-pimp/

To act like this is closed is silly. I don't know who is telling the truth but if that was the context of the question why would Ireland apologize?

to cover the bases because regardless of who tells what to whom, at least he acknowledges the fact that he did ask a question in reference to it and it was probably one on one so its he said she said.

Got to cover your bases regardless becuase of legalities. I know. I am in the audit business and what someone says or doesnt say can come back to bite ya.

If this can be proven or backed up by any other sources, it makes the Dolphins look even better. Not only was Ireland only asking the question in response to an answer he was given, but the Dolphins also seemingly attempted to take the high road by not revealing any other negative aspects of Dez's interview.

And Dez has already lied to a very high authority. The NCAA. It just smells of political correctness gone so bad.

Jeff: What does your father do for a living?

Dez: I'm not proud of this, my dad was a pimp.

Jeff: And what does your mother do?

Dez: She worked for my father.

Jeff: So is she a prostitute ?

This was the context in which the question was asked. Dez mom is a known drug dealer who had Bryant when she was 15. If I was going to give this dude 10 million and guaranteed money, and he told me his dad was a pimp and that he's mother worked for him, my next logical question would be to ask him if he's mom was a prostitute.

How did you know?

Like everybody else, he probably concedes that, in retrospect, it wasn't the best course of action to ask the question in that manner. Rather than engaging in a he-said-she-said battle through the media only to apologize at the end of it all, he chose to apologize now and move on.

Not saying I know that for sure, it just seems like the logical progression of things.

Hey media, **** you. And sorry to Jeff Ireland for having to go through all this BS. He just gets out of months and months of all this work leading up to the draft, and then he gets hit at all angles for something that was taken out of context.

And also, I'll take Marshall over Dez at 12 any day. So glad that we took that route.

totally agree. why wouldnt he say that Dez said his dad was a pimp and that was a followup question, but no he apologized. I dont know any of these people personally but I have no reason to doubt one's integrity over another. The caveat is he has already apologized for something that in that context makes no sense to apologize for so therefore I see the new explanation as either bs or being inconsistent with what he said.

totally agree. why wouldnt he say that Dez said his dad was a pimp and that was a followup question, but no he apologized. I dont know any of these people personally but I have no reason to doubt one's integrity over another. The caveat is he has already apologized for something that in that context makes no sense to apologize for so therefore I see the new explanation as either bs or being inconsistent with what he said.

Wrong - you say your peace - take ownership - Ireland said sorry for whatever he thought was his part (sometimes in a married couple one person aplogizes who believes themselves innocent - just to keep a relationship from breaking down) so Ireland apologizes for his part to keep the media off him as some insensitive prick - then he keeps his mouth shut - trying to defend yourself only will blow up in your face as the media vilifies the flavour of the week - so all you can do is you let your life speak for itself, and the community around you will come out and vindicate you

Wrong you say your peace - keep your mouth shut - trying to defend yourself will blow in yuor face so you let your life speak for itself, and the community around you will come out and vindicate you

So he basically lied when he said he is apologizing for something. I mean is that what u are saying. If he did nothing wrong and said he did isnt that a lie.
Nobody can vindicate him unless they want to replay the tape of the interview and Im sure that wont happen.

I'm not so sure I agree. In this PC world, that question could have (and has) very easily been deemed inappropriate, even in that context. Furthermore, Bryant expressed the fact that he was offended. If Ireland did not intend to offend him, the natural act would be to apologize.

So he basically lied when he said he is apologizing for something. I mean is that what u are saying. If he did nothing wrong and said he did isnt that a lie.
Nobody can vindicate him unless they want to replay the tape of the interview and Im sure that wont happen.

Ireland never said he didn't use the "P" word - he said he in fact did so where is the lie you refer to - if you cannot read my post sorry for you...

Now you are saying Ireland lacks integrity for coming out and saying what he did but not explaining the context of what he said... In effect you are now upset that Ireland baited people and let then wad into trouble and look like fools for doing so..., and now those individuals can't admit they were wrong..., they can't admit they piled on an innocent man...

As owner Ross said no harm or foul here - move on...

Ireland never said he didn't use the "P" word - he said he in fact did so where is the lie you refer to - if you cannot read my post sorry for you...

Now you are saying Ireland lacks integrity for coming out and saying what he did but not explaining the context of what he said... In effect you are now upset that Ireland baited people and let then wad into trouble and look like fools for doing so..., and now those individuals can't admit they were wrong..., they can't admit they piled on an innocent man...

As owner Ross said no harm or foul here - move on...

he lacks integrity if he apologized for something he did not do. According to Ireland's statement he is not innocent because he apologized for it. If he did nothing wrong then what the hell is he apologizing for?
As for Ross he has said the system needs looking at but still supports Ireland. This does not mean he doesnt feel the question was unecessary.

Back
Top Bottom