The real villain responsible for the debacle in Miami is the National Football League | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The real villain responsible for the debacle in Miami is the National Football League

I wasn't real happy when the new divisions were announced and we were staying in the east instead of moving to the south. But dude...that was 14 years ago. You gotta be like Buddha and let go of that ****.

Yes let's blame the NFL instead of Huzienga, Ross, Wannstache, Saban, Cameron, Parcells, Ireland, Sporano, Philbin and currently the leader and worst, Tannenbaum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The real crime is the NFL screwing us to start the season on the road against Seattle, New England and a TNF against Cinci..talk about brutal. Now we sneak into a stretch of home games with absolutely zero momentum on our side

Prior to the 2002 season the league realigned divisions after expanding to 32 teams due to the creation of the Houston Texans.

Joining the expansion team in the newly crowned AFC South were the Indianapolis Colts, who belonged to the AFC East, along with the Tennessee Titans and Jacksonville Jaguars, who were members of the AFC Central.

Needless to say this was an unfair alignment from the very beginning, but unfortunately for the Dolphins it would also become a travesty on so many levels.

First off, which city is furthest South, Miami or Jacksonville?

Secondly, which region of the country is Indianapolis located?

Lastly, why is it that mostly all the other divisions make sense geographically? The only exception being the Dallas Cowboys in the NFC East.

Simply put this was the screw job of the century that doomed this former great franchise for decades to come.

Of course we all know how this story ends after being stuck in the Patriots division for so long.

And to think, it all could have been avoided.

You must be young and did not experience the 70s, 80s and 90s. There is no way that any Dolfan would want to give up the rivalries we have. Even in bad years those are the games which keep me alive and moving. Blaming the conference alignment is just another excuse for the incompetence of our franchise to put a decent product on the field. You might as well stick with the burial ground curse. That sounds more reasonable. :lol:

The real crime is the NFL screwing us to start the season on the road against Seattle, New England and a TNF against Cinci..talk about brutal. Now we sneak into a stretch of home games with absolutely zero momentum on our side

Momentum is the least of our concerns when it comes to shortages.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Miami ain't on the west coast. Miami, FL is on the EAST COAST OF THE UNITED STATES. This isn't civil war times, north and south does not matter.

On MLM we always say, don't wish it was easier, wish you were better

Ozzy rules!!

The Miami Dolphins as an organization has been dysfunctional since I would say around 2002, a couple of years into Wanny being in charge of player personnel. He started handing out draft picks to other teams like they were Halloween candy and the trick has been on us fans ever since. Miami hasn't had a person with a clue how to build a franchise through the draft ever since.

And Ross is truly a football moron. Anyone that keeps Ireland around 5 years running the show and then brings in Tannenbaum deserves the team he has now.

The thought process of the original post is an example of one of the major things wrong with this country. "**** is to hard so instead of getting better, rising to the occasion, let's change the rules."

PARTICIPATION TROPHIES FOR ALL

To paraphrase Don Shula (who would no doubt have nothing but contempt for the loser mentality on this thread):

"The superior team blames itself; the inferior team blames others."

Then they should scrap the divisions all together and have teams play every team in their conference along with one non-conference match-up each year.

I like this thought process, would give us a truer reflection on who are the best teams in each conference. There should be some debate on the structure of the divisional system, I don't think it's working right now and to be honest it's becoming a bit stale. I still think more games can be played in a season, reducing pre-season is an obvious way to help with this, also increasing roster sizes. For a game with the vast appeal the NFL has the off season is ridiculously too long imo, lol, especially for us as our season is usually over after 8 games or so :)

I like this thought process, would give us a truer reflection on who are the best teams in each conference. There should be some debate on the structure of the divisional system, I don't think it's working right now and to be honest it's becoming a bit stale. I still think more games can be played in a season, reducing pre-season is an obvious way to help with this, also increasing roster sizes. For a game with the vast appeal the NFL has the off season is ridiculously too long imo, lol, especially for us as our season is usually over after 8 games or so :)

Like it...Ive been a fan for years but feel no allegiance to the AFC E....They ruined it 14 years ago when they let the Colts fly off onto easy street and dismantled the original alignment anyway. You are right...Its broken and has become boring to watch the same sad rerun every season.

You must be young and did not experience the 70s, 80s and 90s. There is no way that any Dolfan would want to give up the rivalries we have. Even in bad years those are the games which keep me alive and moving. Blaming the conference alignment is just another excuse for the incompetence of our franchise to put a decent product on the field. You might as well stick with the burial ground curse. That sounds more reasonable. :lol:

I do remember back in the so called good old days. I would have no qualms about Miami, Indy, & Bmore 'rotating'

Rivalries like traditions are made to be broken and new ones forged. Its why the ACC (Canes v Syracuse) is somewhat jacked up whereas the SEC (Tennessee v Florida) is not.

I wanted to be in the South too.

The Dolphins, pats, jets and bills go back to AFL days, the Colts came in in the 1970 merger. They were the actual square pegs.

The northeastern teams have a deep, bitter hatred of the Dolphins from the Shula days and that sealed the alignment deal.

Back
Top Bottom