The real villain responsible for the debacle in Miami is the National Football League | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The real villain responsible for the debacle in Miami is the National Football League

They did not want to disrupt our rivalries. At the time the AFCE was one of if not the most competitive division in football

I wanted to be in the South too.

The Dolphins, pats, jets and bills go back to AFL days, the Colts came in in the 1970 merger. They were the actual square pegs.

The northeastern teams have a deep, bitter hatred of the Dolphins from the Shula days and that sealed the alignment deal.

Not to mention, the media is HQ'd in the northeast hence a reason for the phins being vilified for lack of a better word.

Not to mention, the media is HQ'd in the northeast hence a reason for the phins being vilified for lack of a better word.

so you think the Jets, Bills and pats being in the NE w/ all the media around here are why Miami has been bashed? nothing to do w/ play? you should tell Bills fans that b/c they have been bashed worse than Miami.

I hate Miami but I love them being in our division. I know Jets-Pats has become the #1 rivalry for us but Jets-Dolphins has been one of the best rivalry all time in the sport and there have been so many incredible games played btw the two even when we weren't as good as we would have liked.

---------- Post added at 12:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:54 PM ----------

They did not want to disrupt our rivalries. At the time the AFCE was one of if not the most competitive division in football

it's funny b/c at the time Peyton was entering his prime and I think we were all happy to see Indy go so they couldn't dominate, little did we know what Brady and NE would do.

so you think the Jets, Bills and pats being in the NE w/ all the media around here are why Miami has been bashed? nothing to do w/ play? you should tell Bills fans that b/c they have been bashed worse than Miami.

I hate Miami but I love them being in our division. I know Jets-Pats has become the #1 rivalry for us but Jets-Dolphins has been one of the best rivalry all time in the sport and there have been so many incredible games played btw the two even when we weren't as good as we would have liked.

---------- Post added at 12:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:54 PM ----------

it's funny b/c at the time Peyton was entering his prime and I think we were all happy to see Indy go so they couldn't dominate, little did we know what Brady and NE would do.

If they realigned the divisions you wouldn't have ever been here. One can dream right? :d-day:

If they realigned the divisions you wouldn't have ever been here. One can dream right? :d-day:

you'd miss me if I was gone.

Interestingly the first board i ever posted at was a dolphins board at the sun-sentinel website(pre realignment) so maybe I would have come here eventually but probably not if you weren't a div rival anymore.

Geographic bias is a reason not *the*reason. I don't recall Beefalo ever being bashed. Mocked after the 4 SB's sure.

Then, lets be honest, fans of Rust belt teams are a special breed of stupid.

p.s. I can tolerate in small amounts the other AFCE teams. Its a rust belt team (hint 1 not the brownstains or beefalo hint 2 The Dark Knight returns) that really needs to go away IMO.

The only year i think it would of made a difference was that first year in 2002. If the Dolphins were in the AFC South that year they probably would of won 11-12 games. However, the reason we can't get close to being a force again is 1) incompetence and 2) Tom Brady.

I've been saying for years that they need to move the ravens to the afc east, colts to AFC north, and dolphins to the afc south.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

you'd miss me if I was gone.

Interestingly the first board i ever posted at was a dolphins board at the sun-sentinel website(pre realignment) so maybe I would have come here eventually but probably not if you weren't a div rival anymore.

Hardly. There's be a parade and we'd have no clue why.

The Dolphins could have bolted if they wanted to. They chose to stay in the East.

The truth is the Dolphins have not been the same since Joe Robbie died. Neither H. Wayne or Ross knows what their doing. Until Ross sells the team we really don't stand a chance.

I know some of you feel like we're screwed because the Pats have been so good for so long, but you don't realize how BAD the Pats were in the 70's and 80's. You just never know what will happen.

Geographic bias is a reason not *the*reason. I don't recall Beefalo ever being bashed. Mocked after the 4 SB's sure.

Then, lets be honest, fans of Rust belt teams are a special breed of stupid.

p.s. I can tolerate in small amounts the other AFCE teams. Its a rust belt team (hint 1 not the brownstains or beefalo hint 2 The Dark Knight returns) that really needs to go away IMO.

it's all perception, Buffalo was mocked WHILE they were making those last couple of SBs and certainly have been mocked for decades w/ their poor play.

Hardly. There's be a parade and we'd have no clue why.

that's not nice to say.

I know some of you feel like we're screwed because the Pats have been so good for so long, but you don't realize how BAD the Pats were in the 70's and 80's. You just never know what will happen.

The Pats have won 4 super bowls with their generational QB. We squandered ours. Shula wasted Marino's prime.

Back
Top Bottom