The real villain responsible for the debacle in Miami is the National Football League | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The real villain responsible for the debacle in Miami is the National Football League

number1fin

#onephin
Club Member
Reaction score
Prior to the 2002 season the league realigned divisions after expanding to 32 teams due to the creation of the Houston Texans.

Joining the expansion team in the newly crowned AFC South were the Indianapolis Colts, who belonged to the AFC East, along with the Tennessee Titans and Jacksonville Jaguars, who were members of the AFC Central.

Needless to say this was an unfair alignment from the very beginning, but unfortunately for the Dolphins it would also become a travesty on so many levels.

First off, which city is furthest South, Miami or Jacksonville?

Secondly, which region of the country is Indianapolis located?

Lastly, why is it that mostly all the other divisions make sense geographically? The only exception being the Dallas Cowboys in the NFC East.

Simply put this was the screw job of the century that doomed this former great franchise for decades to come.

Of course we all know how this story ends after being stuck in the Patriots division for so long.

And to think, it all could have been avoided.

dude, elmer's glue is not a drug. Stop before you hurt yourself.

Prior to the 2002 season the league realigned divisions after expanding to 32 teams due to the creation of the Houston Texans.

Joining the expansion team in the newly crowned AFC South were the Indianapolis Colts, who belonged to the AFC East, along with the Tennessee Titans and Jacksonville Jaguars, who were members of the AFC Central.

Needless to say this was an unfair alignment from the very beginning, but unfortunately for the Dolphins it would also become a travesty on so many levels.

First off, which city is furthest South, Miami or Jacksonville?

Secondly, which region of the country is Indianapolis located?

Lastly, why is it that mostly all the other divisions make sense geographically? The only exception being the Dallas Cowboys in the NFC East.

Simply put this was the screw job of the century that doomed this former great franchise for decades to come.

Of course we all know how this story ends after being stuck in the Patriots division for so long.

And to think, it all could have been avoided.

Nah, **** that noise. I like our rivalries. If we'd have lost those, I'd have been pissed.

Nah, **** that noise. I like our rivalries. If we'd have lost those, I'd have been pissed.
Then they should scrap the divisions all together and have teams play every team in their conference along with one non-conference match-up each year.

The reason Miami wasn't realigned into the AFC South was 100% because of the deep seeded rivalries with the Jets and Bills.

Winning in a soft division makes you a soft team, see the Colts. I'm okay being with playing in the East, at least we know where we stand instead of pretending.

I blame the NFL for allowing Ross, an obviously mentally impaired man to own a football team, but not for alignment. We have our well established rivalries. And yeah it's tough that the Pats are in this division but I don't want a team that runs away. The real answer is to simply get better.

Or just get rid of two preseason games, play 19 weeks (one being a bye) and bump the non-conference games up to three.

You still play your rivals once a year with home and away alternating each year.

What a terrible post. The AFC East is exactly where we should be. It was our dominance as a franchise that earned us a spot there. The garbage Colts got moved because nobody gave a damn about them - they were irrelevant. It's nobody's fault but the Dolphins that they've been dog **** for 15+ years now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Winning in a soft division makes you a soft team, see the Colts. I'm okay being with playing in the East, at least we know where we stand instead of pretending.
Three 1-3 teams in the AFC South is evidence to your point however, what is our excuse?

What a terrible post. The AFC East is exactly where we should be. It was our dominance as a franchise that earned us a spot there. The garbage Colts got moved because nobody gave a damn about them - they were irrelevant. It's nobody's fault but the Dolphins that they've been dog **** for 15+ years now.
While you might be correct on why the Colts were moved instead of us it still doesn't explain the error in geographical alignment.

it was just bad luck that it was the beginning of the Brady era, if not we all would have loved this division the last 15 years.

---------- Post added at 04:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:35 PM ----------

that's it, no one was a rival w/ the Colts while we could say Miami or Ne are our rivals, you can say NYJ or Buf, NE could say NYJ. Now if they knew the Peyton vs. Brady thing was about to take off I think they may have kept Indy in teh division but I think that would have been at the expense of the Bills not the dolphins.

Nfl hurt themselves more thwn us. You know how much more more money they would of made advertising Manning vs Brady twice a year pkus playoffs?

I agree.

The franchise would be better off based in Guam at this point.

BNF.

A reminder guys. Attack the post all you want however attacking the poster is not permitted.

Carry on.

Back
Top Bottom