The reason Dolphins management and ownership aren’t devastated by draft position falling | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The reason Dolphins management and ownership aren’t devastated by draft position falling

mrbunglez

Gator don't play no ****!
Club Member
Reaction score
I bolded the 2 main points that are probably the most encouraging things about winning a game or two.

With the Dolphins faced with the increasing likelihood of not having a choice of the top quarterbacks in the NFL draft, you might be picturing owner Stephen Ross and general manager Chris Grier bawling uncontrollably, while curled up in the fetal position.

Or something like that.

But that’s actually far from the case. An associate said Ross isn’t angry, or devastated, by the Dolphins winning two games, which has placed Miami fourth in the current draft order. And a team source said the notion of Grier privately rooting for the team to lose is off base.

Ross is thrilled that he has a coach, in Brian Flores, who can extract the most out of his roster and put together a team whose performance is greater than the sum of its parts.
For years, ownership has been trying to find a coach who can get the team to play to its talent level or above. The internal belief it has found such a coach — and coaching staff — has left Ross very encouraged.

The Dolphins believe the job Flores has done with this team — and the fact Miami is competitive and winning games — will make the Dolphins more attractive to veterans in a looming offseason when they will be very active in free agency.

Read more here: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/...y-jackson/article236925598.html#storylink=cpy

Last edited:
I agree! Do folks on here realize that of all the 1st and 2nd place teams in their divisions only Philly fields a QB who was selected in the top 5 (and they won an SB with the backup)? It takes more than just a highly drafted QB to build a winner and I still believe the people in charge is more important than the pick we get. I would love to have the pick of the litter, like many other here, but will not consider it the end all be all. Too much history that shows us it is not.

This whole board needs to stop entertaining anything other than qb with that top pick.

I mean they couldn’t be saying it any louder. It’s qb all the way.

tbe good news is I can see some teams having similar grades with Andrew Thomas and young willing to move down a spot or two. The bad news is as they know what you are coming up for it’s gonna cost a lot.

salvage this and at least finish with pick 2. So we can save some assets.

For the people that think QB can wait and "we need to build the oline first" blah blah blah.......all you need to do was watch the game last night. Pitt has one of the better olines in the NFL with 3 and I repeat, 3 pro bowlers up front and yet their offense sucks because of the QB not playing well. I won't blame the QB for everything but in the NFL these days it all starts with that QB. Yes you need to build a team around that QB as he can not do it alone but you need skill players. You need your QB playing well and you need WR's that can make plays and yes, you need a good RB too.

Mike Tannenbaum was the one who wanted Herbert. I honestly don’t think that’s the case with Grier.
I’m seriously hoping he’s all in on Tua.

Back
Top Bottom