The reason Dolphins management and ownership aren’t devastated by draft position falling | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The reason Dolphins management and ownership aren’t devastated by draft position falling

How long do teams keep the players rights after they draft them?
Depends on how pissed off and stubborn a team wants to be in keeping a player out in the cold and potentially stuffing up his career.
One year. If the team doesn't sign them by the next draft, they are automatically entered into that year's draft. The team that originally drafted the player cannot draft that player again. Short answer, 1 year...

One year. If the team doesn't sign them by the next draft, they are automatically entered into that year's draft. The team that originally drafted the player cannot draft that player again. Short answer, 1 year...
Thanks.
As you say it makes it hard if not impossible.

I must say that I am worried about our FinHeaven fanbase …. I mean what if we do draft Tua … trading up, falling to us … whatever scenario fits your passion … we draft him and he doesn't pan out (for whatever reason) … should the admins run a member drive? My fear is we may lose a bunch of guys that give the site support.

I'm not saying he will fail or that I wouldn't want him … just saying there's a bunch that are all in …. since we seem to be able to speculate how great he already is in an NFL uniform …..what if he ain't

It was really hard to not start another thread :lol:
It could happen tua fail in Miami..there are no guarantee.. on paper he supposed be best qb. On field will give u answer in 4 yr. Got be patience. Some of these fan think it going happen over night.

Maybe they can, or maybe he has an incorrectable flaw. He seems to have an issue processing information as quickly as is required, when it comes to reads, timing, and progressions. Maybe the "light" comes on, maybe it doesn't. Maybe he comes out and lights up the league next year, but I'm not counting on it. I have no doubt, that in the right situation, he can be sevicable, but some flaws are simply not correctable, without years of repitition in a given system. Take RTs pocket awareness issues. Doomed him to a ceiling of mediocrity.

That's why i don't discount the fans that say keep taking QBs until you hit. I hate to use picks, willy nilly on project QBs, but the arguement has merit. When you find that guy, and you put him in a good situation, its pay dirt.

Exactly why Rosen should be reinstated as soon as this run comes to a close.

I cannot say enough great things about Fitz. He's looked magnanimous out there and he has helped others elevate their game.

My problem is that I'm not a tanker. I root to win. And Fitz gives us the best chance. But if Rosen is going to be on this roster a while, why not give him the practice/experience?

Again, funny to make this statement but when we are mathematically eliminated, start Rosen.

And I've gotten the they've seen enough of him, the coaches know what he is, Flores risks losing the lockeroom, etc from yall. Ok, ok, ok. I get it.

If Rosen's primary problem is making reads and getting the ball out, why not give him the repetitions to improve on that?

If we're not going to make the playoffs, if they don't intend to cut Rosen (not that I would know), let him gain experience.

I must say that I am worried about our FinHeaven fanbase …. I mean what if we do draft Tua … trading up, falling to us … whatever scenario fits your passion … we draft him and he doesn't pan out (for whatever reason) … should the admins run a member drive? My fear is we may lose a bunch of guys that give the site support.

I'm not saying he will fail or that I wouldn't want him … just saying there's a bunch that are all in …. since we seem to be able to speculate how great he already is in an NFL uniform …..what if he ain't

What about if Miami doesn't land Tua because of these stupid meaningless wins in a lost season, and he goes on to be a star? Can we say "told you so" as we watch this franchise flounder around for another decade?

I’m sure Tua will be better than average so I wouldn’t worry about too much of a revolt. What worries me more is when Tua only plays 10 games per year or he’s limited because he’s “ banged up”.

So every top QB who fails is because the coach isn't "great"
Rosen look like back up to me. I am no expect plus I dont watch practice. Rosen should of all ready took that job by now. It not like Fitzpatrick is great.

The only problem I have with Tua and Lawrence. They both on stack team. If u put fromm, herbert or love on there team will result be same..

What about if Miami doesn't land Tua because of these stupid meaningless wins in a lost season, and he goes on to be a star? Can we say "told you so" as we watch this franchise flounder around for another decade?
:funny: :rolleyes:

Nice sidestep to avoid answering lmao … I guess you can create any what if scenario you want .... If you want to say I told you so it's ok with me ... I've learned some folks just want to be right ...

I said in my post I'm not saying I didn't want him or that he would fail ... just a what if question ... just food for thought ...

Really just being a devils advocate but it could happen just like it could happen he becomes the next best thing … check your pride and ego … I'm not trying to be right just putting it out there …

I was responding to "If he is such a great coach, why can’t he get Rosen playing good? "

from what I’ve read they are really working on Rosen’s play speed. For the first time in recent memory I’ve got confidence in this staff.

It could happen tua fail in Miami..there are no guarantee.. on paper he supposed be best qb. On field will give u answer in 4 yr. Got be patience. Some of these fan think it going happen over night.
If it doesn't happen in year one, he's a bust!

Regardless of what is going on around him.

Have to prove yourself immediately, dontchaknow!

Back
Top Bottom