The Reason Im Pessimestic | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Reason Im Pessimestic

Jimi

The World Is Yours
Reaction score
Most people havent understood what ive been trying to say. 72 hours ago most of us had us picked to rack up 11 or 12 wins and make a serious SB push, myself included. Now everyone is trying to be optomistic by saying we can still make the playoffs WOOHOO! I dont disagree with this staement at all. But arent we all tired of mediocrocy? Am i alone in saying a 10-6 record with a wild card defeat isnt enough? I cant stand what Ricky did to us, and im not excited to b a playoff team. I was expecting SB caliber play, now im very skeptical. Its a sad time to b a Miami Dolphin fan no matter how u look at it.

FinFan24 said:
Most people havent understood what ive been trying to say. 72 hours ago most of us had us picked to rack up 11 or 12 wins and make a serious SB push, myself included. Now everyone is trying to be optomistic by saying we can still make the playoffs WOOHOO! I dont disagree with this staement at all. But arent we all tired of mediocrocy? Am i alone in saying a 10-6 record with a wild card defeat isnt enough? I cant stand what Ricky did to us, and im not excited to b a playoff team. I was expecting SB caliber play, now im very skeptical. Its a sad time to b a Miami Dolphin fan no matter how u look at it.
We're all upset. I don't know where you are from but I live in Pats country. I got calls from friends and family today to torment me about this. Not fun!!
But you know what - I don't want him back. I like Ricky and he can do what he wants; but you don't win Super Bowls with guys like him anyway. And that's a fact.

New England Fin said:
We're all upset. I don't know where you are from but I live in Pats country. I got calls from friends and family today to torment me about this. Not fun!!
But you know what - I don't want him back. I like Ricky and he can do what he wants; but you don't win Super Bowls with guys like him anyway. And that's a fact.
Right i understand tht now. But what im saying is b4 this fiasco when we thoit he had his heart with us we picked us for SB's. Now its hard to do tht without being a lil homeresk.

The Dolphins will still be a solid team this year. In today's NFL, teams that looked down before the season end up winning the Super Bowl and teams that looked like contenders pre-season end up 3-13. Miami still has hope, and I think they will make the playoffs.

Every year we're expected to be great. Look at Carolina last year. What were they expected to do? Nothing and they went to the SB. We're considered "rebuilding" now. No one will take us seriously. Maybe without all the pressure on us, we'll be the next Carolina.
Here's hoping!

i agree, i do believe we have solid shot. But tht solid shot was still horribly decreased. But im talking on behalf of those who r saying things like"we can still make wildcard" or "10-6 is possible" etc. I dont want tht. IM TIRED of being avearge.

FinFan24 said:
I was expecting SB caliber play, now im very skeptical.

Just now? Not before?

Every year the Dolphins fans have this preseason expectation of winning a SB as if they are clearly the best team in football. Where does that come from? Where are the results to back that up? Maybe Ricky's leaving will for once have you thinking realistically about the season, although I doubt it since you still think a wild card is in reach.

Bills Fins Jets = three-way-tie.

PatriotGOD said:

Just now? Not before?

Every year the Dolphins fans have this preseason expectation of winning a SB as if they are clearly the best team in football. Where does that come from? Where are the results to back that up? Maybe Ricky's leaving will for once have you thinking realistically about the season, although I doubt it since you still think a wild card is in reach.

Bills Fins Jets = three-way-tie.

Your annoying as hell :fire: Although I have respect for all teams, fans like you make me won't to puke. :shakeno: But I won't, because you aren't worth cleaning up the mess :lol: Why don't you take your F###in opinion and shove it up your a$$!

I have been a Dolphin fan for over 20 years now and absolutely loved RW, but his timing was terrible for this. Loved watching him run the ball, but really thought Miami needed to open up the offense more. The coaches put way too much faith in RW to take them to the promise land that had things continued he probably would be able to walk in his 50's. Without even opening the play book more I don't think he could have carried this team much longer. All this superbowl talk was unrealistic because if memory serves me correctly we never made the playoffs with RW.

Even with the Boston pick up I think Miami would have been in the same boat as they have been for the last two years. Boston as decoy to make teams think the pass was coming and than watch RW run the ball and control the game. This a great game plan but our coaching staff doesn't know how to take chances the opportunity presents itself. Instead of taking the chance rely on good 'ol RW to try and make something happen.

This shocking move by RW might be the wake up call that the coaching staff needs to get them to open up the play book and see what other players can do and take a few more chances. They can't rely on RW so now they need to move the ball around and see who can step up. This years team should be interesting to watch and see what new changes the coaching staff has in mind. There really isn't the pressure of SuperBowl anymore because no one really expects Miami to do much since they lost their offensive weapon. Maybe the players will get sick of hearing about RW and go out and show that he wasn't the team and that they can play football without him.

FinFan24 said:
i agree, i do believe we have solid shot. But tht solid shot was still horribly decreased. But im talking on behalf of those who r saying things like"we can still make wildcard" or "10-6 is possible" etc. I dont want tht. IM TIRED of being avearge.

how old are you, dude?

Back
Top Bottom