The Reason The Next Week Is A Milestone For Ryan Tannehill | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Reason The Next Week Is A Milestone For Ryan Tannehill

Hindsight's 20/20 but if Gase said that after the season ended then he should just quit now. I'm sure if you checked the date on the article it was in answer to why we picked up Cutler preseason.

I don't think next week is a big deal at all. The real deal will be in training camp when they let the training wheels off.

Hindsight's 20/20 but if Gase said that after the season ended then he should just quit now. I'm sure if you checked the date on the article it was in answer to why we picked up Cutler preseason.

The article is from 5/15/18. Which quote are you referring to?

i remember gruden saying that about Tannehill during those pre-draft sessions. He didnt say that about all the prospects.

Tannehill's stock was rising that Spring as teams were finding out he really COULD " "make all the throws". the big Q mark was his experience. Sherman knew him well, so had the inside track.

Ags disliked Sherman's game day strategy, but loved his talent evaluation and development. he took 2-star and 3-star pkayers others didnt want and made them into NFL players.

I mean..... you can say that about 90% of all the QBs In the NFL, including backups and 3rd stringers. That's really the reason how they got into the NFL.

Uhhh....not hardly. You honestly believe that 90% of all the QB's in the league can make that throw against San Diego? Threaded the needle 60 yards to Stills while getting clotheslined? Against the Steelers 65 yards to Gray while running to his left? That's just 2 off the top of my head that there are maybe 3 other QB's that make either of those throws the way he did. Trying to down play his arm talent is a bit absurd.

What is it with these people that just relentlessly make up absurd nonsense to type like it's real. 90% of all the QB's .....wow!

Uhhh....not hardly. You honestly believe that 90% of all the QB's in the league can make that throw against San Diego? Threaded the needle 60 yards to Stills while getting clotheslined? Against the Steelers 65 yards to Gray while running to his left? That's just 2 off the top of my head that there are maybe 3 other QB's that make either of those throws the way he did. Trying to down play his arm talent is a bit absurd.

What is it with these people that just relentlessly make up absurd nonsense to type like it's real. 90% of all the QB's .....wow!

Tannehill is not a popular QB (nor are the Dolphins in general), primarily because he hasn't had success (nor us). I believe that's because he had an absolutely horrendous HC for his entire career, and the moment that changed so did his play on the field, but he got hurt and very few people really give a s*** about that. He's an afterthought to the vast majority of NFL fans, that is, until he picks up where he left off...

Yes the majority of NFL QBs can make similar throws, they are all professional athletes and they would not be starting in the NFL if they couldn't make similar throws.

I'm not downplaying his arm talent I'm downplaying the importance of "top level" arm talent because majority of NFL QBs have good enough "arm talent" to make all the throws.

Some backup QBs have top level arm strength, so it doesnt really mean anything. Unfortunately there is more to playing QB than making few good throws into tight windows.

Yes the majority of NFL QBs can make similar throws, they are all professional athletes and they would not be starting in the NFL if they couldn't make similar throws.

I'm not downplaying his arm talent I'm downplaying the importance of "top level" arm talent because majority of NFL QBs have good enough "arm talent" to make all the throws.

Some backup QBs have top level arm strength, so it doesnt really mean anything. Unfortunately there is more to playing QB than making few good throws into tight windows.

Then why don't they? I'm serious as a heart attack.

Arm talent and arm strength are not any where near the same thing. I could understand it being passed off it it happened once or twice, but the kid has made numerous elite throws (a lot more than a few) that don't just happen by the "majority of NFL QBs".

I can't even understand how this conversation is even being had. The only reason Tannehill gets no love around the league is 100% bc he's a miami dolphin. We have been irrelevant for so long that he is going to have to break Peyton Manning's records to get noticed. Drew Brees level of production is his ceiling of capability and Carson Palmer is his floor. He can absolutely produce 5000 yds and 40 TD's without question.

Don't be surprised if he starts that climb this year and drops in the low 30's in TD's and over 4500 yards.

Then why don't they? I'm serious as a heart attack.

Arm talent and arm strength are not any where near the same thing. I could understand it being passed off it it happened once or twice, but the kid has made numerous elite throws (a lot more than a few) that don't just happen by the "majority of NFL QBs".

I can't even understand how this conversation is even being had. The only reason Tannehill gets no love around the league is 100% bc he's a miami dolphin. We have been irrelevant for so long that he is going to have to break Peyton Manning's records to get noticed. Drew Brees level of production is his ceiling of capability and Carson Palmer is his floor. He can absolutely produce 5000 yds and 40 TD's without question.

Don't be surprised if he starts that climb this year and drops in the low 30's in TD's and over 4500 yards.

So explain to me what "arm talent" is?

I mean..... you can say that about 90% of all the QBs In the NFL, including backups and 3rd stringers. That's really the reason how they got into the NFL.

Not sure I've ever heard "he would be an excellent QB if only he could make all the throws"

Or "even though he cant make all the throws he's a really good QB."

C'mon man it's the NFL. Being able to make all the throws is expected for any starting QB lol. I'm glad you got pumped up from reading that though.

No they can't or QB position wouldn't be the most difficult to fill.

Back
Top Bottom