The Reason The Next Week Is A Milestone For Ryan Tannehill | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Reason The Next Week Is A Milestone For Ryan Tannehill

You realize sports science has done several videos and study's measuring arm strength/velocity, accuracy, and trajectory but never arm talent. And come to find out every QB on there is able to make all the throws. so in conclusion every starting QB has some level of arm talent, the only thing that separates them are 1.) Arm strength and or B.) Accuracy

You realize sports science has done several videos and study's measuring arm strength/velocity, accuracy, and trajectory but never arm talent.

Umm, strength/velocity, accuracy and trajectory (touch) IS arm talent. They measure them separately because they are separate traits.

Sorry that you cannot understand.

Last edited:
Ryan Tannehill's arm talent is definitely among the very best in football. Anyone who thinks otherwise has an opinion that can be easily dismissed as ignorant. No offense to anyone, that's just the honest truth.

You don't have to like the guy, or even think he's a good quarterback, but the idea that he doesn't have great arm talent is flabbergasting. You think guys who can throw 50 yard dimes across their body on the run are just hanging around out there? Hell, you think guys who can throw 20 yard outs are just out there on the street? You think David Fales (nothing against the guy, just a convenient example) can complete a pass while falling, just about parallel to the ground six inches off the turf, with a three hundred pound man on top of him? lmfao

My friend, here is a little secret I'm going to let you in on, okay? The first rule of winning in any kind of debate is to pick an argument that you can actually win with.

Last edited:
Chad Henne had great arm talent and he cannot even beat out bortles . All i wanna know is why not this past draft ,Go for Broke for rosen. He was in our grasp and not mocking tannehill because he might just come around and win games . No bad HC excuse. Peyton won games and broke records also. what i am saying is i don't wanna 30 year old QB who cannot win a few games himself . The O line has no respect for the guy . He constantly gets hurt during crucial moments in games . Who do we have as far as a future ? There is nothing great coming out next year and i hate that the Jets got darnold and the bills got allen . I think darnold would be the one out of those 2 t, that will succeed . Allen idk. The bills could have taken rosen and didn't . I really thought Mr T would've tried anything after the bills took allen to get the real best QB in this draft which i feel is Rosen . I just feel this was the class to finally just solve the QB situation and at least get to see what rosen could do.

I can't recall a more ignorant couple of sentences that those two.
Do people actually just makes things up or are some just purposely delusional. I have to agree that those couple of sentences could be the silliest thing I've read in a long time......and that is saying something!!

Chad Henne had great arm talent and he cannot even beat out bortles . All i wanna know is why not this past draft ,Go for Broke for rosen. He was in our grasp and not mocking tannehill because he might just come around and win games . No bad HC excuse. Peyton won games and broke records also. what i am saying is i don't wanna 30 year old QB who cannot win a few games himself . The O line has no respect for the guy . He constantly gets hurt during crucial moments in games . Who do we have as far as a future ? There is nothing great coming out next year and i hate that the Jets got darnold and the bills got allen . I think darnold would be the one out of those 2 t, that will succeed . Allen idk. The bills could have taken rosen and didn't . I really thought Mr T would've tried anything after the bills took allen to get the real best QB in this draft which i feel is Rosen . I just feel this was the class to finally just solve the QB situation and at least get to see what rosen could do.
Tongue in cheek? Or head entirely up butt?

I think in a couple years you'll be glad we didn't get Rosen.

Not every qb in he nfl can be on their back foot and hit a 25 yard late breaking out. Not every qb can be rollling left and throw the ball 60 yards down field
Because these throws are the staple of all good passing attacks. I would settle for a passing and scoring offense in the top 15, for once in his career.

Chad Henne had a good arm but that is not the same as arm talent. When people say 'arm talent,' which I guess is becoming kind of a stupid overused phrase, what we're talking about is not just the ability to throw a 25 yard frozen rope, but also the ability to throw an accurate pass from a bad launch point, or to alter your throwing motion during the process of the throw to deal with the specific throwing situation. Ryan Tannehill is really good at that. He's actually particularly good at throwing on the run (difficult) and throwing with a guy coming full speed into his face (also difficult). In particular watch the way he alters his launch point when he's about to take contact right in the face.

Back
Top Bottom