The Refs | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Refs

xiidaen

FinHeaven.com Evangelist
Reaction score
Each team's fans scream bloody murder about calls, and non-calls. I can remember games at the end of the season where it looked like JT was being held every down, or 'big' calls, like questionable PI vs Fletcher in NE... Sometimes I can see the other side, using the 'if this call were FOR the dolphins, would I still think it was a bad call' logic, but right now, it seems the occaisional bad call is part of the game.

My question is: Can this problem be solved? If you talk to the refs (and I had an interesting opportunity to speak to one about 2 years ago after he gave a talk in my town), they will point out that they are crucified for the bad calls, but they are a very small percentage of what happens. Thats fine, everyone gets more attenion on their mistakes than successes.

But, is the system ok as it is, or flawed and needing improvement? Does the human factor add to the game, or detract from it?

While this can sidebar into a discussion of rule changes (15 yard PI calls, for example) I'm more interested in comments on the system.

--Xiidaen

:xii:

Back
Top Bottom