The remaining players from the final roster in 2007 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The remaining players from the final roster in 2007

phinph0enyx

Rookie
Reaction score
Active
38 Patrick Cobbs
88 David Martin
72 Vernon Carey
96 Paul Soliai
32 Jason Allen
25 Will Allen
92 John Denney
4 Brandon Fields
Inactive
37 Yeremiah Bell SS (IR)
23 Ronnie Brown RB (IR)
52 Channing Crowder OLB (IR)
34 Ricky Williams RB (IR)

About 15% of our roster now finished the 2007 season on our roster active and only 23% if you include the 4 on IR
To make it even worse about half the players who are gone aren't even in the NFL any more

and hopefully we can cross JASON ALLEN off that list in a week or so. He stinks

was he a bust as a first round pick? Hell yea, but the guy is a stud as a special team player. Sure he is being grossly overpaid for a special team player but he is rock solid.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/tag/_/name/jason-allen

"Jason Allen is a bust as a defensive back and certainly hasn't been worth the 16th overall pick the Dolphins used on him in 2006. But he might be the best special-teams player in the AFC East. He forced a fumble on the free kick following the safety."

Again, be thankful for the people that we have in charge. Are they perfect? No. That being said, you know it could be a whole lot worse.

after a 1-15 season, i'm surprized we have that many left on the roster lol.

and hopefully we can cross JASON ALLEN off that list in a week or so. He stinks

That doesn't make a lot of sense, git rid of the best player on our already struggling Special Teams unit? Allen is not gong anywhere.

What's crazier is how many of the players from that team are out of the league. Shows how good Camcam was at evaluating players.

It's nice having a FO that can recognize talent and having a coaching staff who can get the most out of their players. Let's face it Cam, Mueller, Wandstat, and Saban were all way in over their heads and really hurt this franchise and set us back years.

In just three offseasons, our FO and coaches have transformed this once bottom feeder franchise into one of the top teams in the league. Who would have thought three years ago after a 1-15 campaign that we would even be mentioned in the same breath as Super Bowl? It's a great time to be a Phins fan once again!

GO PHINS!

Active
38 Patrick Cobbs
88 David Martin
72 Vernon Carey
96 Paul Soliai
32 Jason Allen
25 Will Allen
92 John Denney
4 Brandon Fields
Inactive
37 Yeremiah Bell SS (IR)
23 Ronnie Brown RB (IR)
52 Channing Crowder OLB (IR)
34 Ricky Williams RB (IR)

About 15% of our roster now finished the 2007 season on our roster active and only 23% if you include the 4 on IR
To make it even worse about half the players who are gone aren't even in the NFL any more

They shouldn't have been in the NFL then, either.

Takes years and years to make a franchise as lousy as the Dolphins had become. Luckily ownership made the right decisions to try to build us back again. I know '07 was depressing for all of us but I still believe that's why Saban left. Not just because coaching Alabama is a dream job situation for most college coaches but because he realize he screwed the pooch. I think based on his success in college he was given a little too much power in his coaching position. I know it didn't show the whole time he was in town but I still think before he cut and ran that he realized how awful the next season was going to be so he split. Luckily the few players left from that year all contribute somehow, even Jason Allen, well except for Soliai, and I still wish he could get over the hump. I hope bringin' Martin back was a good decision too.

Back
Top Bottom