*** The Rex Ryan Super Thread*** | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*** The Rex Ryan Super Thread***

Mike Zimmerman talked about how the loss of a firery Assistant changed the Vikings this year ,when they lost Tony Sparano he said it changed the heart of the team , he said we will get that back next year, how?who?
That comes from the heart , passion , Rex has That in my own opinion
Are we tired of losing yet.

The Vikings lost a key member of their coaching staff last July when offensive line coach Tony Sparano died of heart disease and head coach Mike Zimmer discussed the impact of that loss on the team during his end of season press conference on Thursday.

Zimmer said Sparano credited assistants Clancy Barone and Andrew Janocko with doing an “unbelievable job” of taking on Sparano’s responsibilities, but said Sparano was an “extremely influential” member of the coaching staff and that the team lost some of its identity because he wasn’t on hand for the season.

“Quite honestly, the death of Tony Sparano really kind of threw things into a little bit of a downward spiral, only because the fact that this guy was type-A personality,” Zimmer said. “He was very innovative in the running game, had a strong voice in that room and had a strong voice with me. Yes, I do feel like we lost a little bit of our identity. We are going to get that back.”

Zimmer focused a lot on the team’s mentality when discussing where things went off track for the Vikings in 2018 and said he wants to get the team back to feeling “we’re going to win regardless or no matter what the situation is” when they return to work this year.

Mike Zimmerman talked about how the loss of a firery Assistant changed the Vikings this year ,when they lost Tony Sparano he said it changed the heart of the team , he said we will get that back next year, how?who?
That comes from the heart , passion , Rex has That in my own opinion
Are we tired of losing yet.

If we hire Rex Ryan, I'd say no.

Please, seriously, let this Rex Ryan infatuation go.

At best he's a blowhard DC who's as much a distraction as he is an asset.

Maybe this is just an intel gathering move.

Think about it, Rex has been hired and fired from the Jets and Bills, and knows he's not getting another shot with those teams. He also realizes that he isn't going to get a shot at the Patriots when Belichick retires. So, what does he have to lose giving us his solid defensive advice and all of his insight into the division? Nothing. Likely, this is not a realistic consideration for the head coaching spot unless Ross is truly wants to tank. But why not get the guy's insights? He knows the division well, and he has had success, particularly with his flavor of defense. I'm guessing this is free intel from someone who has been on the inside with the Jets and Bills, and had some success against the Patriots. Why not listen to the free advice? We should be getting a lot of it from a lot of different guys, that's one of the benefits of the head coaching search process.

Rex is the most successful afc east coach in the last 20 years other than Belechick like it or not. He’s on a very short list of coaches who have gone into Foxboro and won a playoff game. That one really hurt NE fans and gave me a giants like soft spot for Ryan. I loved telling Pats fans, “I don’t know why you’re surprised Rex told us the Jets were going to win.” Lol!

From deep in the dusty archives:
28c29gy.jpg

2d0gehs.jpg

2hyx62t.jpg

I truly believe he is the best guy we could hire....

Proven Winner
Great DC for Ravens and Great Dee for Jets, Took Jets to AFC Title twice and did OK with Buff with No QB

He could be the experience guy to set us up as we rebuild

There are worse candidates out there. I agree with all of your points. His personality leaves much to be desired, but I don't give a **** if he can beef up this defense and get us in the playoffs consistently.

I truly believe he is the best guy we could hire....

Proven Winner
Great DC for Ravens and Great Dee for Jets, Took Jets to AFC Title twice and did OK with Buff with No QB

He could be the experience guy to set us up as we rebuild
You mean this guy?
ezu2v37zltwcich7toid.jpg

honestly i’m feeling so apathetic towards the other candidates, why not - at least we’d have a couple years of entertaining pressers and we can try again when the time comes...

Back
Top Bottom