The Road to the Super Bowl | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Road to the Super Bowl

When will the Dolphins next make the Super Bowl?

• 2005 - end of '05 season.

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • 2006 - end of '06 season.

Votes: 14 41.2%
  • 2007 - end of '07 season.

Votes: 10 29.4%
  • 2008 - end of '08 season.

Votes: 6 17.6%
  • 2009 - end of '09 season.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Further in the future.

Votes: 2 5.9%

• Total voters

finsnchips

2005 FinHeaven GM League Champion!!
Reaction score
I just wanted to gauge your guys opinions on the present state of the Dolphins, and how close they are to going to the Super Bowl.

Try not to let your heart cloud your judgement.

I'm looking for a realists view... I admit that I look at the Dolphins through rose tinted spectacles... I get a buzz about every FA signing, I love every guy that we draft - but I try to look at them objectively from time to time.

My opinions: I think we are well on the way... Saban needs a few more offseasons and drafts, as well as some time to implement his systems and get his coaching staff to gel.

id love to win it next season (in addition to this season) so we can win it at home when the Superbowl is held at Dolphins Stadium

From a realist's point of view, we shouldnt even be thinking about a SB.

Id say its at least 4 years away.

Jnaledu3 said:
From a realist's point of view, we shouldnt even be thinking about a SB.

Id say its at least 4 years away.
i agree, 2008.

By 08-09, we should be contending. :dolphin:

i feel that we could be SB contenders in 2-3 years. in today's nfl...teams that are 1-15 or have bad records turn it around in 1 year...the fins have had some really bad luck last season...no excuses but i feel that we could be wild card contenders next season.

This is such a hard thing to predict it's not even worth it at this point in time. Many teams rise and fall without ever making it to the Super Bowl.

My favorite thing about today's NFL fans is if rival fans come onto this site and see people who belive the fins are Super Bowl contenders right now they will laugh and act like fins fans are stupid. Yet, nobody ever expected the following.

Rams in 99
Ravens in 2000
Pats in 2001
Panthers making it in 2003

In fact the only predictable Super bowl in recent memory was 2004 where I believe Philly and NE was the most popular choice. My point is you never know the 49ers could take the crown next season.

I think another offseason Saban can make this team great so next year or maybe the year after.

Back
Top Bottom