The Rosen effect.......... | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Rosen effect..........

It's more he can't put the team on his back and win ... doesn't necessarily choke but last season in the playoffs when the run game was taken away he dropped like a punch from Tyson IMO ... he threw for 209 and 2 TD's but Henry, who had rushed for around 200 yds in back to back playoff games, was held to 60ish yds Thill could not take over the game even though the Titans had the lead early .... I know it was the Chiefs and Mahomes but his team had just dismantled the Brady (GOAT) led Patriots AND the Jackson (NFL MVP runner-up? and escape artist extraordinaire) led Ravens AND his team was ahead 17-7 just before the half .... HUGE game ... couldn't get it done

One example I know .... but he cannot win without a bunch of help IMO ...

Can you say the same about Marino?

I dont agree.......I think #13 is the GOAT. But by your examples Marino is a choker too. :rolleyes:

Why are we STILL talking about Tannehill? I know we're in a Pandemic and there's nothing to talk about but Tannehill?? Man, move on from that guy already. I root for him as a Titan and hope he does well but it's all been said down here about RT. We know exactly what he is and isn't.

Well for years people have been calling for his head. Miami needs a franchise QB.....blah blah blah. Turns out we always had one. Just needed to provide him with a bit of blocking, decent defense, running game.

Now we have TUA. People are already dfitting him for his yellow jacket. We were spoiled for so many yrs with our QB throwing for records, 40 points a game. Nothing else will do.

Plenty of other ways to win. Now TUA has so many expectations......I'm afraid if hes not all that we are stuck with him . I'd just like him to earn it. Thats all. And if hes not progressing, if hes injured, dont dismiss legitimate options like Rosen, Fitz.

I want a Superbowl.....not another Marino. Sorry. It's been too long.

Can you say the same about Marino?
............................................................................................................:lmfao:
I dont agree.......I think #13 is the GOAT. But by your examples Marino is a choker too. :rolleyes:
.......................................................................................:funny:

I NEVER called anyone a "choker" my friend ... we had 7 years of Thill here and he amounted to nothing ... EVER ...

please don't insult me by comparing Dan Marino:

17 YEARS
420 TD's
252 INT
61,361 yds
86.4 Rating

... to a wannabe QB/rec ...

Thill is not a gamer ... does not have the "it" factor ... wouldn't call him a "choker" ... but he does suck regardless

By your remarks you have never watched Dan Marino play the position ... if so you would have a bit of throw up in your mouth right now ... :rolleyes:

Maybe it's the term "Franchise QB?" For me a franchise QB has to be elite. He can't just be the starting QB for a team. As far as Tua goes, it's not Tua or any Dolphin FO people driving that narrative that Tua is a savior. He'll be brought along slowly and made to earn it. He'll be starting game 5 or 6 imo. He'll be standing out in practice and the decision will be easy to make at the time. Also, the oline will have some games to gel as a unit.

.......................................................................................:funny:

I NEVER called anyone a "choker" my friend ... we had 7 years of Thill here and he amounted to nothing ... EVER ...

please don't insult me by comparing Dan Marino:

17 YEARS
420 TD's
252 INT
61,361 yds
86.4 Rating

... to a wannabe QB/rec ...

Thill is not a gamer ... does not have the "it" factor ... wouldn't call him a "choker" ... but he does suck regardless

By your remarks you have never watched Dan Marino play the position ... if so you would have a bit of throw up in your mouth right now ... :rolleyes:

There you go. Your run of the Mill Dolphins fan.

My first born is named DANIEL after Marino!!

He was the Goat. But the cold hard truth is....... Tannehill and him have the same amount of Superbowl wins.

Tanny even holds franchise records.....Marino was drafted onto a Superbowl calibur team and didnt win.

My point? I'd rather have Superbowl wins over a QB with records.

Miami would be better off today if we stopped Trying to make Tannehill into Marino. Just gave Tanny what he needed to succeed.

Why am I bringing this up? Read the thread title. Let's not make the same mistakes with TUA. Or Rosen. Niether are Dan Marino. Let's see what they can be.

You dont need to throw 400 yds a game to win. And you can throw 400 yds and you can still lose.

He was the Goat. But the cold hard truth is....... Tannehill and him have the same amount of Superbowl wins.

Tanny even holds franchise records.....Marino was drafted onto a Superbowl calibur team and didnt win.

Miami would be better off today if we stopped Trying to make Tannehill into Marino. Just gave Tanny what he needed to succeed.

Why am I bringing this up? Read the thread title. Let's not make the same mistakes with TUA. Or Rosen. Niether are Dan Marino. Let's see what they can be.

You dont need to throw 400 yds a game to win. And you can throw 400 yds and you can still lose.
Your point is what exactly?? Whatever it is, Your point is meaningless as soon as you compare THill to Marino! Meaningless and baseless!!
you can’t be serious comparing the 2. Marino absolutely carried this franchise on his back for almost 2 decades! THill couldn’t carry Dans Jockstrap!! Stop comparing the 2 already.
I agree with you totally that you want/need a full compliment of TEAM. I get that all too well, and I would bet Marino would agree completely with that as well. But a COMPLIMENTARY QB is not the same as ELITE. It’s not the same as being able to carry and will a team to consistent victories. It’s just not. But please stop with comparing him to Marino in ANY way.

Your point is what exactly?? Whatever it is, Your point is meaningless as soon as you compare THill to Marino! Meaningless and baseless!!
you can’t be serious comparing the 2. Marino absolutely carried this franchise on his back for almost 2 decades! THill couldn’t carry Dans Jockstrap!! Stop comparing the 2 already.
I agree with you totally that you want/need a full compliment of TEAM. I get that all too well, and I would bet Marino would agree completely with that as well. But a COMPLIMENTARY QB is not the same as ELITE. It’s not the same as being able to carry and will a team to consistent victories. It’s just not. But please stop with comparing him to Marino in ANY way.

How Superbowl wins did we have in 2 decades Marino carried us on his back?

I'll wait.........:munch:

I'm sure you mean well and in your mind you have an excellent point .... but deaf ears here my friend ... you don't mention Thill and Marino in the same sentence when talking accomplishments and oh my god did you actually say Marino and choke in the same sentence? ... did I mention he is in the Hall of Fame ... my apologies to your first born for this exchange ... do me a favor (and because I don't know you this is awkward for me ... asking favors and all ...

Why are we STILL talking about Tannehill? I know we're in a Pandemic and there's nothing to talk about but Tannehill?? Man, move on from that guy already. I root for him as a Titan and hope he does well but it's all been said down here about RT. We know exactly what he is and isn't.

Thank you! I was about to pose the exact same question. This thread is about Josh Rosen. A player currently on the team.

Hey moderators, can this thread get re-set back on topic by moving all the posts regarding the very average and former Dolphins QB out of this thread and into a topic appropriate thread?

Thanks in advance.

Guys get back to the Rosen discussion

There is a thread in the NFL forum to talk about Tannehill

Thank you! I was about to pose the exact same question. This thread is about Josh Rosen. A player currently on the team.

Hey moderators, can this thread get re-set back on topic by moving all the posts regarding the very average and former Dolphins QB out of this thread and into a topic appropriate thread?

Thanks in advance.

Well......the point your refusing to see ......and now want shut up and removed...is I dont want Josh Rosen shipped off to another team just to become yet another success story from the worlds biggest farm system....The Miami Dolphins.

How Superbowl wins did we have in 2 decades Marino carried us on his back?

I'll wait.........:munch:

Still waiting. But the calling for the mods told me all I need to know. I hope I'm wrong. On my life I hope I'm wrong......but I see Rosen who wasnt given a fair shot behind a decent team moving on .....to maybe even the Pat's. And doing well.

And I see TUA who had promise injury laden and out of Football in 5 yrs.

Spring trading, summer workouts, and a grueling 16 game season will knock him out. Both ankles and wrists and a major hip injury wont make it through December and the post season.

But continue to drink the juice... believe the hype. BUY more #1 Jerseys.

I want a Superbowl. A Miami Dolphins superbowl. All zi heard is QBs are a dime a dozen in this thread.

Remember my words when the Titans win it all.

Well......the point your refusing to see ......and now want shut up and removed...is I dont want Josh Rosen shipped off to another team just to become yet another success story from the worlds biggest farm system....The Miami Dolphins.

That's a good point and it's happened many times before

Rosen has had his chance with 2 teams so far so maybe the third time is a charm for him if we decide to move on.

Still waiting. But the calling for the mods told me all I need to know. I hope I'm wrong. On my life I hope I'm wrong......but I see Rosen who wasnt given a fair shot behind a decent team moving on .....to maybe even the Pat's. And doing well.

And I see TUA who had promise injury laden and out of Football in 5 yrs.

Spring trading, summer workouts, and a grueling 16 game season will knock him out. Both ankles and wrists and a major hip injury wont make it through December and the post season.

But continue to drink the juice... believe the hype. BUY more #1 Jerseys.

I want a Superbowl. A Miami Dolphins superbowl. All zi heard is QBs are a dime a dozen in this thread.

Remember my words when the Titans win it all.

So do the rest of us :)

We'll see.

Keep both...let them compete.. we got Tua but we may still need Rosen

Back
Top Bottom