The Rosen effect.......... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Rosen effect..........

Something no one has mentioned anywhere. I wasn't for drafting TUA but now that hes a Dolphin I'm 100% behind him, even got a #1 Jersey on the way for my boys. I find it amusing here and everywhere that people everywhere are just convinced that TUA is going to be the starter and will be in the RING OF HONOR in the stadium and eventually the HOF. Guy hasnt even attended a team meeting yet let alone a practice. What if........WHAT IF.......Rosen does a Tannehill this year behind a competent Oline and running game? Is there any scenario where we keep Rosen over TUA or is the Hype factor and the whole personna surrounding the kid too great? Does PR win over whats best for the team? Competition is good.......but is really any? Think Rosen is just playing to up his trade stock to a different Team?

My Point.....if Rosen plays amazing , shows promise do we still Take TUA with his injury history? Guess the answer is yes because the front office thought enough of him to take him at #5. And Rosen has to actually prove himself more then TUA does at this point. Just a thought...................
Love your enthusiasm brother!

IMHO, we will have yet another sucky OL. I doubt Tua plays much as a rookie, and if he does, the chance of him getting another injury are fairly high actually. This OL only has 1 OT, and it's Jesse Davis ... he's average as far as NFL starters go at OT, and our only other poven OT in the NFL is perpetual-failure-at-OT Ereck Flowers. He was paid a lot of money to play OG, so if he has to play OT, we've failed. Flowers is not good enough as an NFL OT ... period.

Hunt is a rookie who didn't pass protect and played at Louisiana Lafayette against piss-poor competition. Day in and day out as a rookie OT, he's going to fail. I sincerely hope this front office does not expect him to be able to do that. If they do, they're not very smart.

Austin Jackson is a young projection coming off an offseason of bone marrow transplant (last offseason not this offseason). He is still rounding into collegiate shape, and he needs to add a lot of muscle to play at the NFL level ... and that's not going to happen overnight. He also is raw technically, and needs a lot of work. The clay is there to mold ... but it's not an instant-cast mold ... it will take at least 1 year. He's not going to be ready in 2020.

So Tua in 2020 ... hopefully not, and he'll definitely not be behind a good OL. Rosen is probably not going to be on the roster in 2020. They had a look at him in practice, in the locker room as a leader, as a QB in the QB room to gauge his development, and in games to judge his performance. He was not as good as Fitzpatrick, and the team was not behind him. I doubt he has a future with the Dolphins regardless of Tua's situation.

That means Ryan Fitzmagic will start the season again, and I suspect will be the starter through most of the season. I wouldn't be surprised to see Tua take over late or at least be given garbage time performances late in the season, so they can see what they've got, and get him psychologically over the hump.

Rosen as a Dolphins starter is more of a Madden dream than it is an NFL possibility.

It's not impossible... :shrug:
Look at the Chargers when Brees had 3 pretty terrible seasons to start his career. The year they drafted Rivers is the year Brees finally took off.

Players CAN improve, though Rosen has quite a ways to go.

I just don't believe Rosen will ever ascend to be more than a serviceable backup. I was not a fan of the trade for him, but now that he is here and has a very friendly contract, I can see keeping him as a backup until his contract is up. Fitz has earned the right to start this season, and Tua needs to be brought in only when they are 100 percent sure he is ready and healthy. Backup QB will be extremely important for this team until Tua proves he is durable, so I would not move Rosen unless it was for ridiculous compensation.
He's not going to be serviceable anything if he hasn't learned to process the game.

He won't see the field (again).

And we won't get any compensation for him, ridiculous or otherwise.

You sound like such a Tua hater. The only way Rosen plays is if Fitz gets injured, and once he retires, the only way Rosen plays is if Tua gets injured. The only way Rosen keeps the job is if he gets us to the superbowl.
Not a hater. I'm praying I'm wrong. I'm a Dolphins fan and ticket holder. I just dont see a kid who got this beat up in college surviving too long. Look at what happened to Andrew Luck. Just trying to be a realist. People have him starting against Burrows in November, Superbowl bound, gonna take Marinos # and beat all his records......and I hope to hell he does.....but they arent putting the cart before the horse.......its down the road a mile infront.

It's not impossible... :shrug:
Look at the Chargers when Brees had 3 pretty terrible seasons to start his career. The year they drafted Rivers is the year Brees finally took off.

Players CAN improve, though Rosen has quite a ways to go.

Hey they said the same about Tannehill. He got a competant Oline , running game and coach and boom......hes in the Pro bowl.

Clearly doesn't like Tua despite false platitudes. Thinks there is a chance Rosen could be 'amazing'

My mind struggles to process either of these conceps.

How long you been a Dolphins fan? These last twenty years I remember having all thus false hope after the draft only to have my heart ripped out of my chest and stomped on in September.

And Cleary you dont know **** about me so stop ASSuming .You know how that goes.

Hey they said the same about Tannehill. He got a competant Oline , running game and coach and boom......hes in the Pro bowl.

The Pro Bowl since the late 90s and 50 alternates, has lost its meaning.

Something no one has mentioned anywhere. I wasn't for drafting TUA but now that hes a Dolphin I'm 100% behind him, even got a #1 Jersey on the way for my boys. I find it amusing here and everywhere that people everywhere are just convinced that TUA is going to be the starter and will be in the RING OF HONOR in the stadium and eventually the HOF. Guy hasnt even attended a team meeting yet let alone a practice. What if........WHAT IF.......Rosen does a Tannehill this year behind a competent Oline and running game? Is there any scenario where we keep Rosen over TUA or is the Hype factor and the whole personna surrounding the kid too great? Does PR win over whats best for the team? Competition is good.......but is really any? Think Rosen is just playing to up his trade stock to a different Team?

My Point.....if Rosen plays amazing , shows promise do we still Take TUA with his injury history? Guess the answer is yes because the front office thought enough of him to take him at #5. And Rosen has to actually prove himself more then TUA does at this point. Just a thought...................

It will be a good problem to have...and one a good NFL organization continually seeks in my opinion.

I follow the Ron Wolf philosophy on Quarterbacks.

If I’m not mistaken we have Rosen for two more years with a 5th year option....plenty of time to evaluate Tua and Rosen...hopefully, they both are great!

Love your enthusiasm brother!

IMHO, we will have yet another sucky OL. I doubt Tua plays much as a rookie, and if he does, the chance of him getting another injury are fairly high actually. This OL only has 1 OT, and it's Jesse Davis ... he's average as far as NFL starters go at OT, and our only other poven OT in the NFL is perpetual-failure-at-OT Ereck Flowers. He was paid a lot of money to play OG, so if he has to play OT, we've failed. Flowers is not good enough as an NFL OT ... period.

Hunt is a rookie who didn't pass protect and played at Louisiana Lafayette against piss-poor competition. Day in and day out as a rookie OT, he's going to fail. I sincerely hope this front office does not expect him to be able to do that. If they do, they're not very smart.

Austin Jackson is a young projection coming off an offseason of bone marrow transplant (last offseason not this offseason). He is still rounding into collegiate shape, and he needs to add a lot of muscle to play at the NFL level ... and that's not going to happen overnight. He also is raw technically, and needs a lot of work. The clay is there to mold ... but it's not an instant-cast mold ... it will take at least 1 year. He's not going to be ready in 2020.

So Tua in 2020 ... hopefully not, and he'll definitely not be behind a good OL. Rosen is probably not going to be on the roster in 2020. They had a look at him in practice, in the locker room as a leader, as a QB in the QB room to gauge his development, and in games to judge his performance. He was not as good as Fitzpatrick, and the team was not behind him. I doubt he has a future with the Dolphins regardless of Tua's situation.

That means Ryan Fitzmagic will start the season again, and I suspect will be the starter through most of the season. I wouldn't be surprised to see Tua take over late or at least be given garbage time performances late in the season, so they can see what they've got, and get him psychologically over the hump.

Rosen as a Dolphins starter is more of a Madden dream than it is an NFL possibility.

this is like the 32nd time you've posted those exact thoughts since the draft.

I would love it if Rosen won the starting job this year and played well. Then his trade value would go back up.

Rosen will have his looks if and when there's ever an OTA or TC. Who knows, what if he outplays Tua and Fitz? He didn't exactly have a lot of chances last year once Fitz took over (not that he should have). TC this year could be competitive, if there is one. This place will implode if Tua and Rosen emerge as the two best.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom