The Rosen effect.......... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Rosen effect..........

I have zero problem in playing Josh Rosen in some of the trial games. He's had some bad luck re Arizona and then Miami drafting higher rated QBs, but he still has high potential and genuine talent and he's young (only 23 years old). I'm still of the view we are rolling with Fitz as our QB for the bulk of this season, so the preseason becomes Rosen's opportunity to showcase his talent for potential teams interested down the track. Hope that he lights it up and we are blessed with a plethora of QB talent on the roster. Hey, that's something all Dolphin fans have not been able to say for the past 20 years.

Last edited:
Sorry.....forget the Probowl tben hows best passing rating in the NFL? Made it to the AFC Championship. :shrug:

Chad Pennington was held up for a season with such accolades.

Derrick Henry and that line dictated their wins and loses. They ran into a team capable of playing from behind in their story book run.

One that will be hard to repeat.

Chad Pennington was held up for a season with such accolades.

Derrick Henry and that line dictated their wins and loses. They ran into a team capable of playing from behind in their story book run.

One that will be hard to repeat.
OK? Whats your point? Your Kinda making my point for me. Are you saying Tua is better then Tannehill? I hope he will be. BUT Tannehill already proved his worth when he was traded as a back up and he beat out Miriota for the starting Job. Miriota with Derrick Henry couldn't win ****. He killed it last season. Nobody saw that coming. I see your trying hard to crap on Tannehill and thats fine. My point has nothing to do with Tannehill other then when certain players get with others , when there is a chemistry do you mess with it? I mean Arron Rodgers was a first rounder.......he sat for 6 yrs before getting a shot. You and so many people are ASSuming TUA is going to come in here and light it up. Its a given. Done deal. Superbowl 2022. I'm saying I'm all for it........but TUA has to earn it. Thats all.

Rosen wont see the field this year unless something happens to Fitz and Tua isn't ready to go.
TUA wont be ready to go until 2021. That hip was a major injury. You cant rush that.
does anyone know for certain what we did or didnt do with regards to Rosen in the off-season or are people trying to sell their opinion as facts again?
I Know for FACT hes still on the team.

Something no one has mentioned anywhere. I wasn't for drafting TUA but now that hes a Dolphin I'm 100% behind him, even got a #1 Jersey on the way for my boys. I find it amusing here and everywhere that people everywhere are just convinced that TUA is going to be the starter and will be in the RING OF HONOR in the stadium and eventually the HOF. Guy hasnt even attended a team meeting yet let alone a practice. What if........WHAT IF.......Rosen does a Tannehill this year behind a competent Oline and running game? Is there any scenario where we keep Rosen over TUA or is the Hype factor and the whole personna surrounding the kid too great? Does PR win over whats best for the team? Competition is good.......but is really any? Think Rosen is just playing to up his trade stock to a different Team?

My Point.....if Rosen plays amazing , shows promise do we still Take TUA with his injury history? Guess the answer is yes because the front office thought enough of him to take him at #5. And Rosen has to actually prove himself more then TUA does at this point. Just a thought...................

I'll go with the 'if.' IF Rosen plays amazingly, Flo has a problem - a good problem. Next year is still a rebuilding year and a trade for a top player or top pick next year would be excitingly coincidental. He has to decide which QB he wants to ride and trade the other.

That said, I still see Rosen as a quality backup until he proves otherwise. That will be tough. Unless he starts some games early, I doubt he'll get a chance.

TUA wont be ready to go until 2021. That hip was a major injury. You cant rush that.

I Know for FACT hes still on the team.
He was cleared by our medical at the combine and will probably be playing by end of month one after O line gels enough.

Back
Top Bottom