The Rosen effect.......... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Rosen effect..........

-MiamiSoul

Active Roster
Reaction score
Something no one has mentioned anywhere. I wasn't for drafting TUA but now that hes a Dolphin I'm 100% behind him, even got a #1 Jersey on the way for my boys. I find it amusing here and everywhere that people everywhere are just convinced that TUA is going to be the starter and will be in the RING OF HONOR in the stadium and eventually the HOF. Guy hasnt even attended a team meeting yet let alone a practice. What if........WHAT IF.......Rosen does a Tannehill this year behind a competent Oline and running game? Is there any scenario where we keep Rosen over TUA or is the Hype factor and the whole personna surrounding the kid too great? Does PR win over whats best for the team? Competition is good.......but is really any? Think Rosen is just playing to up his trade stock to a different Team?

My Point.....if Rosen plays amazing , shows promise do we still Take TUA with his injury history? Guess the answer is yes because the front office thought enough of him to take him at #5. And Rosen has to actually prove himself more then TUA does at this point. Just a thought...................

If Rosey played out of his mind, and outplayed both Fitzy and Tua early on, I still keep all three, start Rosen, let Tua learn from Fitzy and see how it all plays out over the course of the season.

The likely end result would be cutting Fitzy (or keeping him as a back up if he wants to keep playing), increasing Rosen's value in a trade to a different team (and trading him), and Tua's the starter in 2021.

If we can drive up his value and turn into draft capitol I'm all for it. Could be beneficial to both sides if it happened to work out the way the OP envisioned Rosen's development going into this season. I'd call that a win-win.

Fitz is under contract for this year for 8M. He has a 4 million dead cap. Both Tua and Rosen are cheaper than a back-up QB. Since you need a back-up QB you keep both for the tenure of their contract......unless some team makes you an offer you can't refuse.

I've mentioned it elsewhere in other threads, but if Rosen has that type of year I think it would be in the team's best intrest to trade him while his stock is up. If he had the type of year that would have you questioning if he should be the starter going forward over Tua than he had the type of year that you could likely trade him for at least a 1st round pick, maybe much more.

Didn't want Tua before, and still trying to bring out the pom-poms for Rosen. I'll never understand it.

I know everybody loves to blame the surrounding talent for why Rosen looks like whats left out on the corner for bulk trash pickup day, but if they actually knew what the data looked like on snaps where he had time, they might finally abandon all hope.

He's just bad at football. I hope he pops off this preseason and looks salvageable as far as trade value is concerned, but it's like hoping that Ballage turns into Derrick Henry all of a sudden.

Clearly doesn't like Tua despite false platitudes. Thinks there is a chance Rosen could be 'amazing'

My mind struggles to process either of these conceps.

I just don't believe Rosen will ever ascend to be more than a serviceable backup. I was not a fan of the trade for him, but now that he is here and has a very friendly contract, I can see keeping him as a backup until his contract is up. Fitz has earned the right to start this season, and Tua needs to be brought in only when they are 100 percent sure he is ready and healthy. Backup QB will be extremely important for this team until Tua proves he is durable, so I would not move Rosen unless it was for ridiculous compensation.

Back
Top Bottom