The Rosen Market | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Rosen Market

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/04/08/nfl-non-mock-draft-first-round-fmia-peter-king/

4. Miami—Draft picks in the top 100: 13, 48, 78. The Dolphins quarterback plans are shrouded in secrecy; Brian Flores and offensive coordinator Chad O’Shea have learned well from Bill Belichick. But …….

I can't see trading that kind of capital with the needs we have
The Rosen market …. hmmmm, I wonder what the Cleo Lemon and Jake Locker markets are like these days too?

I really, really don't understand how anyone would want to trade a pick for Rosen, let alone a high one.

Don't see this for us. First of all -- very high risk way to start the "new org + staff" era

unless he can be had at a discount. Doubt that since there are bound to be a number

of teams on the bid list...

Wouldn't Rosen be coming into a similar situation here? By all accounts, with the roster we currently have, we are most likely to struggle like Arizona.

While I hope we're not as bad as Arizona and I know many hope we are, if he couldn't elevate Arizona's play then why would we trade such a high pick for him?

It does seem like they are leaning towards next year. Man, if a top 3 falls it's going to be excruciating for me to watch us pass because with our luck, that QB is going to be stellar in the NFL and that would crush us for another decade to come.

If Rosen could be had for a 3rd and you're eyeing a QB in mid rounds, I find too much value in having a top 10 QB on a rookie salary competing with Fitz in camp. Then again, if we draft a QB next year, we would most likely have a #3 QB behind the rookie and Fitz that cost a 3rd round pick.

If the plan is next year, trade down and get the ammo for next year incase we need it. Solidify your plan. Don't leave it to chance. But I say that like finding a trade partner will be easy.

Rosen really ain't that bad. Can never judge a rookie QB. If you did then Payton Manning would suck to. Rosen can make all the throws. He needs a good coach

Rosen really ain't that bad. Can never judge a rookie QB. If you did then Payton Manning would suck to. Rosen can make all the throws. He needs a good coach
Manning set a rookie record for touchdowns. He flashed. Rosen was literally all around awful.

Manning set a rookie record for touchdowns. He flashed. Rosen was literally all around awful.
I understand but had 28 picks. That's like crazy. Rosen was on pace for 22 TDs and 28 picks. I'll just never judge a Rookie QB. Not til year 3. Just the way I work.

I understand but had 28 picks. That's like crazy. Rosen was on pace for 22 TDs and 28 picks. I'll just never judge a Rookie QB. Not til year 3. Just the way I work.
I guess, but the dude had leadership questions in college and last year after he got hurt in a game this season NOBODY came over to talk to him or anything. He just sat on the bench by himself. I don't think his teammates like him and I could be wrong, but that's just the way it looks from the outside looking in.

IMO Rosen would be the worst option out all the QB options available to us unless he could be had for a 5th round pick.

At this point i would rather draft Daniel Jones in the 5th than trade a 5th for Rosen.

When looking at Manning it is important to understand the progression he showed during the year. First 4 game he threw 3 TD, 11 int and sacked 11 times. The final 12 games he threw 23 TD, 17 int and sacked 11 times. He threw at least 1 TD pass in every game, 7 games with multiple TD passes and 4 games with 3 TD passes during those final 12 games.

In Rosen's final 5 games last year he threw a total of 1 TD pass and the Cards averaged 14 ppg. In Manning's final 5 games his rookie season the threw 10 TD pass and the Colts averaged 26.6 ppg.

Manning and Rosen looked nothing alike by the end of their rookie seasons. Anyone objectively watching Manning during his rookie year knew he was legit and would be an elite QB.

If all your interested in is stats and think that compares a rookie now with a rookie in 1998 then perhaps you haven't watched the past 20 years to see game has changed and is so much friendlier for QBs to put up big statistics.

For example, in 1998 only 3 QBs threw for more than 30 TDs (Young 36, Cunningham 34, Favre 31) and 6 QBs had a QB rating above 90, and only 2 QBs threw for more than Manning's 3,739 yards (Favre 4,212; Young 4,170). Favre and Beuerlein led the NFL with 63.0% completion.

In 2018, 9 QBs threw for more than 30 TDs including 50 by Mahomes. There were 24 QBs who had a rating above 90. There were 16 QBs who threw for more than the 3,739 yards Manning had his rookie year, 12 threw for more than 4,000 yards and 2 threw for more than 5,000 yards. And there were 24 QBs last year who threw for a higher completion % than Favre and Beuerlein's 63% in 1998, including 2 in the 70% (Brees 74.4%; Cousins 70.1%).

I didn't like Rosen coming out last year because he looks like a shithead. A smug asshole is the feel about him. Top level analysis I know but I think it was right.

McShay and other talking heads who study QBs think Rosen would have been the 2nd best QB in this draft, is the most quintessentially traditional, is very smart and should not be judged on the basis of the **** show last year, especially since he started out pretty encouragingly. McShay said he's worth a 1st.

I wouldn't want the fins to spend their first on him and know that AZ already has a 2nd round offer but is holding out. However if we could get him for a 2nd and change, I'd be all for it.

McShay and other talking heads who study QBs think Rosen would have been the 2nd best QB in this draft, is the most quintessentially traditional, is very smart and should not be judged on the basis of the **** show last year, especially since he started out pretty encouragingly. McShay said he's worth a 1st.

I wouldn't want the fins to spend their first on him and know that AZ already has a 2nd round offer but is holding out. However if we could get him for a 2nd and change, I'd be all for it.

I saw some growth in Rosen last year, but not worth a 1st and I wouldn't offer a 2nd. A third? I'd listen. He's shown enough to be a long-term backup which is above the projections of a typical 3rd round pick. So, if Miami is willing to gamble on a 3rd, Rosen is better than most. OTOH, rumors/articles about his lack of leadership are concerning. The wildcard is Flores evaluation of his intelligence. Given all that, I'll be surprised if Miami even makes a solid offer.

Back
Top Bottom