The Rosen Market | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Rosen Market

I think the point is the Patriots are not a team to shy away from a player just because another team wants to trade him. You know they're not thinking, "oh, noes, Rosen will suck because Arizona doesn't want him!" If they don't get him it will because THEY don't like him, or the price, or like you say, Brady, not because of anything Arizona may or may not think about him.

Oh yeah, bro. I get you. But we're talking about the greatest franchise in the history of the NFL. We've seen over and over again how they make players out of nobodies.

Plus, they can afford to be wrong. We don't have those riches.

The problem with Rosen coming here is that it's yet another situation that presumably is going to be the same situation as Arizona unless we have an amazing draft.

If Rosen was in this years draft he’d be the first QB taken.

Can’t wait to see Bellichick trade a 2 for him then listen to everyone crying how smart the Pats are and how our FO is incompetent
Yeah, man. I'd definitely draft the dude who had multiple concussions, was sacked as much as Tannehill, had questions about his own teammates not liking him, and who didn't even win in college over someone like Kyler Murray...

Yeah, man. I'd definitely draft the dude who had multiple concussions, was sacked as much as Tannehill, had questions about his own teammates not liking him, and who didn't even win in college over someone like Kyler Murray...
It's not really about whether you'd take him, but whether an NFL team would. And they did, and would again. Maybe he wouldn't go ahead of Murray, but compare his scouting reports last year to those for Haskins, Lock and Jones. Rosen coming out last year was rated higher than those three are this year.

When the news first broke that the Cards were going Murray, I didn't believe, I'm still not 100% sure I do now. However whatever plans the cards have, this effect coupled with the FA signings other QB needy teams have made, has vastly weakened the trade market for Rosen, which is a strange way to go about things for Arizona, whatever their intentions.

Prior to last year's draft Rosen was perhaps the second or third QB in most analysts minds, and a lock to be picked near the very top of the draft, when he started to slip there was real surprise and made great television for the networks eager to capture the next Brady Quinn or Aaron Rodgers moment. There was real hope amongst our fan basis that he would get to us. So when Zona jumped up ahead of us to take him, it was not a surprise.

Fast forward one year and there are folks on here saying he's not worth a 3rd or even 4th round pick why ? Well there is little competition, perhaps NYG and Washington need their future guy but they are both currently set in the short term, their need can certainly be put off for another year. People say he had a bad rookie year. But did he really ? He was playing in the worst team in the league, he was pushed into the starter role before he was ready because Sam Bradford did what he is best at and picked up another serious injury. He needed more time in the oven that was very clear and the situation he was thrust in was no win. He didn't however give us too many glimpses of greatness untapped I will say that.

Personally, I wanted us to go get him when he slid, in that draft I would have loved Baker but would have been more than happy with Darnold and Rosen, didn't want to touch Allen (on hindsight I was perhaps wrong there). When the rumours of what the Cards were intending doing surfaced, I was of the mind to hang on our first but gladly give up the 2nd to trade for Rosen. However since that market has softened, I would try to see if they bite at a 3rd. We would have to make that offer now as depending on how the draft goes that market could get hotter again.

At the end of the day though a lot from our perspective revolves around what our strategy actually is, and no one appears to know for sure. Is it getting all aggressive to take a QB this year? Putting it all off till next and acquiring draft stock to do so? Waiting to see what we have available to us at 13 and making a decision based on that ? Have we identified a project pick whom we are confident at getting in the 2nd or 3rd that we can develop ? Trading for Rosen or some other vet? Do we even have a plan at all ?

When the news first broke that the Cards were going Murray, I didn't believe, I'm still not 100% sure I do now. However whatever plans the cards have, this effect coupled with the FA signings other QB needy teams have made, has vastly weakened the trade market for Rosen, which is a strange way to go about things for Arizona, whatever their intentions.

Prior to last year's draft Rosen was perhaps the second or third QB in most analysts minds, and a lock to be picked near the very top of the draft, when he started to slip there was real surprise and made great television for the networks eager to capture the next Brady Quinn or Aaron Rodgers moment. There was real hope amongst our fan basis that he would get to us. So when Zona jumped up ahead of us to take him, it was not a surprise.

Fast forward one year and there are folks on here saying he's not worth a 3rd or even 4th round pick why ? Well there is little competition, perhaps NYG and Washington need their future guy but they are both currently set in the short term, their need can certainly be put off for another year. People say he had a bad rookie year. But did he really ? He was playing in the worst team in the league, he was pushed into the starter role before he was ready because Sam Bradford did what he is best at and picked up another serious injury. He needed more time in the oven that was very clear and the situation he was thrust in was no win. He didn't however give us too many glimpses of greatness untapped I will say that.

Personally, I wanted us to go get him when he slid, in that draft I would have loved Baker but would have been more than happy with Darnold and Rosen, didn't want to touch Allen (on hindsight I was perhaps wrong there). When the rumours of what the Cards were intending doing surfaced, I was of the mind to hang on our first but gladly give up the 2nd to trade for Rosen. However since that market has softened, I would try to see if they bite at a 3rd. We would have to make that offer now as depending on how the draft goes that market could get hotter again.

At the end of the day though a lot from our perspective revolves around what our strategy actually is, and no one appears to know for sure. Is it getting all aggressive to take a QB this year? Putting it all off till next and acquiring draft stock to do so? Waiting to see what we have available to us at 13 and making a decision based on that ? Have we identified a project pick whom we are confident at getting in the 2nd or 3rd that we can develop ? Trading for Rosen or some other vet? Do we even have a plan at all ?
He did have a bad year...but then again he was a rookie, and like you say on a team with no OL and a coach seemingly incapable of using their amazing RB as they should have. He still has the same skills that he had a year ago.

Far too many people are eager to push the media narrative that he's another rich white kind with no motivation or desire (everybody loves PASSION and MOXIE! Just look at Baker's PASSION and MOXIE!), that he's a troublemaker because he spoke out about the irony of non-profit colleges accepting millions in sponsorship but not paying student athletes, or that he committed the #1 cardinal sin in the NFL of not towing the line and apologising for speaking out and therefore he's not a team player.

The Dolphins do not have a quarterback on their roster except a signed gun for the coming season and Luke Falk, who didn’t make it on the team that drafted him. If you have the chance to get Josh Rosen, you do it. He is better than any quarterback in this years draft, and maybe next years too. Darnold, Lamar and Allen all have that better rookie year under their belts, but I’d say Rosen still has a higher ceiling.

He was the top-rated QB on aggregate. I never got it, but he was.

Personally thought he was thrown to the wolves far too early on his career, which can be detrimental to young QB careers.

However, as others have pointed out, quite worryingly I didn't really see any positive glimpses of what he may do or look forward to in the future.

Normally there's something a fan can get excited about, but all I saw on quite a consistent basis last year was a permanent 'deer in a headlights' demeanor, regardless of the lack of team performance.

Not saying he's a bust, but some should be wary of stating he would be the no 1 QB in this draft class, as Rosen may just take a bit more time to adapt to the NFL than other rookie QBs or maybe not at all.

I'd take a 3rd, with a 2nd round option if Miami makes it to the 2nd round of the playoffs his first year. LOL

Rosen quietyly produced one of the best QB debuts in NFL history
https://ftw.usatoday.com/2018/10/nf...n-debut-highlights-baker-mayfield-sam-darnold

then the maelstrom that is the AZ Cardinals sucked him into their vortex... He's got it in him and according to McShay and others would be the 2nd best QB in this draft.

Now reading the Cardinals forum, there are those who agree that he got a bad deal and should be the QB. Most of those who disagree believe he should not only command a 1st, but a top 17. So perception, whether here or there, becomes reality.

Personally, I'd be pleased if we traded back for a few picks and then was able to then land him with a very high 2nd rounder.

Rosen quietyly produced one of the best QB debuts in NFL history
https://ftw.usatoday.com/2018/10/nf...n-debut-highlights-baker-mayfield-sam-darnold

then the maelstrom that is the AZ Cardinals sucked him into their vortex... He's got it in him and according to McShay and others would be the 2nd best QB in this draft.

Now reading the Cardinals forum, there are those who agree that he got a bad deal and should be the QB. Most of those who disagree believe he should not only command a 1st, but a top 17. So perception, whether here or there, becomes reality.

Personally, I'd be pleased if we traded back for a few picks and then was able to then land him with a very high 2nd rounder.
That article was written in October. He had an 88.5 QB rating in that game. Guess what? He didn't have a game higher than that for the rest of the year. His BEST game was 88.5...

He's not good. Usually you can forgive overall QB rating for a rookie because they're so up and down and have some really terrible games because they don't know what they're doing half the time, but generally the guys who turn out to be good show you SOMETHING once in awhile. Meanwhile, this dude's best game was 15/27 55% 180yds 1TD 0INT. I don't care what talent you have around you or what kind of coaching you have. The best QBs elevate those around them. It took us 7 years to learn that with Tannehill while everybody constantly made excuses for him and this board is going to keep doing it with someone else instead? Unreal.

I mean, don't you think it's kind of transparent that the Cardinals want to trade him so bad before they even get a look at Murray in person first in like an OTA or something? If they thought they could get something out of him, they'd show him off in the preseason and then trade him then when his stock was higher after playing with a better coached offense. Want to know why they're not doing that? Because the more they show off Rosen, the lower his value is going to be. Trading for him is a sucker's move.

That article was written in October. He had an 88.5 QB rating in that game. Guess what? He didn't have a game higher than that for the rest of the year. His BEST game was 88.5...

He's not good. Usually you can forgive overall QB rating for a rookie because they're so up and down and have some really terrible games because they don't know what they're doing half the time, but generally the guys who turn out to be good show you SOMETHING once in awhile. Meanwhile, this dude's best game was 15/27 55% 180yds 1TD 0INT. I don't care what talent you have around you or what kind of coaching you have. The best QBs elevate those around them. It took us 7 years to learn that with Tannehill while everybody constantly made excuses for him and this board is going to keep doing it with someone else instead? Unreal.

I mean, don't you think it's kind of transparent that the Cardinals want to trade him so bad before they even get a look at Murray in person first in like an OTA or something? If they thought they could get something out of him, they'd show him off in the preseason and then trade him then when his stock was higher after playing with a better coached offense. Want to know why they're not doing that? Because the more they show off Rosen, the lower his value is going to be. Trading for him is a sucker's move.
Here's a perspective to consider:

If AZ thinks Rosen's a failure, consider the fruits of the poisoned tree: Kingsbury, a losing coach in a conference where no defense is played loves Murray and the new coach usually gets his way as it should be. But aside from knowing Sean McVay, Kingsbury was lucky to snare the USC OC job until the chronically hapless Bidwells and sometimes drunk and most often underperforming Steve Keim threw him a career brass ring. How many of those guys should we trust to make an informed decision?

Beyond that, you may be right and Todd McShay who contends he's still a first round value and last season AZ **** show does not reflect negatively on him might be wrong. However, with all due respect, I'd tend to yield to the opinion of a pretty decent evaluator who does this for a living over most anyone who doesn't.

Here's a perspective to consider:

If AZ thinks Rosen's a failure, consider the fruits of the poisoned tree: Kingsbury, a losing coach in a conference where no defense is played loves Murray and the new coach usually gets his way as it should be. But aside from knowing Sean McVay, Kingsbury was lucky to snare the USC OC job until the chronically hapless Bidwells and sometimes drunk and most often underperforming Steve Keim threw him a career brass ring. How many of those guys should we trust to make an informed decision?

Beyond that, you may be right and Todd McShay who contends he's still a first round value and last season AZ **** show does not reflect negatively on him might be wrong. However, with all due respect, I'd tend to yield to the opinion of a pretty decent evaluator who does this for a living over most anyone who doesn't.
That's fine, but I would suggest that you make your own evaluations rather than listen to other people. There's a reason McShay is just a talking head on TV and not an actual GM. He's wrong.. ALLLLLL the time.

Look at all the QB gurus in here proclaiming Rosen sucks because he played like a rookie on a TERRIBLE team.

His story is far from finished. Kid has a ton of potential.
I agree bro. I would love to give up are 2nd and 4th for him

The guy had an awful year. I don't care about why, how, or who...once that kind of performance is out there, his value is going to take a hit.

Back
Top Bottom