The Saints/Deuce and Yes Ricky | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Saints/Deuce and Yes Ricky

To Saints Fan:
As I am sure that you watched and cheered for Ricky all of last season, can you tell the Dolphin faithful how effective Ricky was against playoff teams?

Originally posted by dolphinators13
the saints suck... how many times have they made the playoffs jarabie?? Maby once

another well informed poster here i see the saints have made the playoffs six times dolhinators13 that is SIX-one, two, three, four, five, SIXyou were close though:lol: adphinistrator87 yes he did but what were his stats before that slide at the end of the season? now the question was what was the dreaded wonders stats durning that slide-check that out and then tell me he didn't quit!!!!!!how many fumbles did he have those last few games???? i will be waiting for ONE person on here to answer any of the question i have asked i think i may be waiting for a while.:sleep:

they all quit......but to answer your question RW avg 3.4 yards per carry and fumbled 4 times.....three of those coming in the last game and it doesn't surprise me one bit that he quit on you guys....once he didn't become the savior of New Orleans ya'll dropped him faster than a tube-top on Bourbon Street....all his quirkiness was ridculed instead of accepted like it was in the beginning.
That would have an effect on any person.
All the pressure placed on his shoulders was none of his making (unless you call a successful college career his mistake) and when the TEAM didn't succeed all the grumbling was straight at "the guy we could never figure out". Must be his fault, he's a wierdo,he can't stay healthy, HE cost us all those draft picks....blah blah blah blah blah.... The backstabbing started almost immediately, during his rookie season when he suffered his first injury.
Ironically, against the Fins, I believe. If I remember correctly, he was having a heck of a game against us until he got hurt but, still people hopped right off the bandwagon and started questioning the sanity of drafting a RB who is a little strange and now can't get through two games healthy. It probably tore him up inside that people could go from loving him to hating him so quickly through ABSOLUTELY NO FAULT OF HIS OWN. How the hell do you control that happeng to you? Obviously there is nothing you can do but seperate yourself mentally and physically from the source of the pain, which in this case was the fans and then eventually the players who turned their backs on him.
Maybe it's a catch-22 situation, If Ricky wouldn't have been withdrawn and stubborn the focus would have been on the whole team and if the focus wouldn't have been so narrowly affixed on him maybe he would have come out of his shell. Let's face it, the guy is sensitve and you hurt his feelings. It's as simple as that.
Now with a fresh start, and less pressure him, hopefully people down here will learn to accept him and he'll get comfortable and focus on what he should be worried about....running the football.....nothing else.
He's obviously motivated and he's playing at 230 right now as opposed to the 250 range he was at in N'awlins(must be missing that creole food) and he says he's happy.
I'm sure if thing's go wrong, the same thing will happen here that happened in New Orleans but, I think we have a better team to put around him.....sort of set him up to succeed instead of vice-versa.......know what I mean?

Has anyone answered my question on Ricky's performances against playoff teams?

"one post and i am already getting smack talked to me and not real answers or comments sorry i thought this was a real knowledgeable football forum and the fans here would like a different oppinion may be i was wrong i just thought yall would like to know how someone who has seen all of the dreaded wonders games as a pro and get my insight on what i have seen."

First of all, ever heard of a concept called punctation? I would check it out if I were you. Secondly, I watched the Saints for three years, and you guys aren't winning the super bowl anytime in the near future. First off, the OL sucks hard. Turley is solid, but very overrated in the mind of Saints fans. He pretty much cost them a game last season when he tossed that dude's helmet against the Jets. Roaf is gone, but he was only effective for half the season. Everyone else are pure scrubs. Cleeland never played and everytime Boo was in, everyone and their mother knew the Saints were going to throw. Then the fullback gets hurt with a bad back, and he wasn't as nearly as effective as he was in his rookie year. I have never seen so many screen passes for one team in my life, and the most important thing is the QB. Brooks put up numbers but he made very STUPID mistakes and with him under center, yall will not get to the SB. Bank on that. He is the dumbest starting QB in the league according to the wonderlic score. (11)

Now the defense. The DL played like **** last season compared to 01. Mitchel's prodcution declinded dramatically for some reason and Charlie Clemmons didn't live up to the biling he came in with. Sammy Knight is the only good player on the D, with some slow, short, and just overall bad cornerbacks. Now keep in mind this teams is being led by some hothead who got a Saintsation pregnant. I hope you enjoy your team here in the pre-season. I wonder if you will show your face around here come week 15 when the saints have a losing record.

Originally posted by J-E-T-S
Has anyone answered my question on Ricky's performances against playoff teams?

#1 you're a jets fan, what are you doing talking about anything that has to do with playoffs or playoff performances or players against playoff teams or or or ......just don't talk about playoffs.

#2 Make the playoffs on a regular basis then talk.

#3 Before you make references to the Dolphins recent playoff performances understand this, for good or bad at least WE CAN TALK ABOUT PLAYOFF PERFORMANCES!

#4 Compairing RWs playoff performances against playoff teams while with a completely different team with a completely different offensive scheme is POINTLESS.

#5 Football?.......shhhhh come closer.......... football is a TEAM SPORT so look at the teams performances against playoff teams, are there stats on blown run blocking assignments?

And to the Aint fan who brought up the fact that the Aints have beaten the Rams more than anyone else.......The jets have beat the Fins more than anyone else so where did that get them?.....Home for the playoffs....of course both are used to that.

Hey here's a new and refreshing idea!!!! Why don't the Yets and Aints try and beat some of the other teams in the NFL also and make the playoffs instead of just being satisfied with beating one team in their division. Looking at the history of the two franchises I see why you're so excited about beating anyone.

Here's another idea, why don't the Yets and Aints join together into one franchise and move to LA where the 7 football fans that live there can really appreciate a losing team.
:lol:

Hey Aaron, what happened last year with your team? What happened during the last 4 games of the year where your team got blown out in every game?

Aaron Brooks completed only 55.9% of his passes and finished that 4 game stretch with 7 TD passes to 13 INT's when his team still had a shot at the playoffs. Nice going dude, yeah you're a real champion.

Jay Fiedler meanwhile completed 60.7% of his passes and threw 11 TD's and only 4 INT's in his last 7 games to help secure a playoff birth for his team.

Hey Aaron, shut the F_ck up until you've proven to be a winner because you showed last year that you're not. You had 558 attempts which was 108 more attempts than Fiedler had. Anyone can throw for 3,800+ yards when you attempt 35 passes per game.

Jay gets more yards per attempt than you do by a 7.31 to 6.87 margin. You also got sacked 50 times to Jay's 27 which is horrible especially since you're suppose to be such an athletic and mobile QB. Jay also rushed for 4 TD's to your 1.

Just to compare the production of a great QB Aaron, in 1984 Marino in just his 2nd year attempted 562 passes, only 4 more attempts than you had last year in your 2nd year, and he threw for 5,084 yards, 48 TD's to 17 INT's and completed 64% of his passes. You finished with 3,832 yards, 26 TD's to 22 INT's and completed only 55.9% of your passes which is lousy.

You've got a ways to go big mouth and maybe you and your team can learn to grow up and make the playoffs first befort you start making comments about other players who have had more success than you, including Jay Fiedler.

When someone opens their mouth after having a collpase like the one that Aaron Brooks and the Saints had, they should really stop and think about how lousy they came up in crunch time before acting so arrogant.

Another thing is during that 4 game losing streak, RW was obviously phased out of the gameplan. After 12 games Ricky was already over 1,000 yards. He finished with 1,245.

I don't know what that LA thing means, since the Jets have much better fans than the Dolphins, but anyway... I guess by your answer just dodging the question and bashing the Jets, when I didn't say even say anything about them means you don't want to discuss football. I found out, and they werent bad, 3 .8 average padded by a big game against SF, (24-121). And individual performances do matter. There are some players who step up, and others who don't. That is what I wanted to see. You are obviously an idiot who doesn't want to talk football.

The saints have only gone to the playoffs 1 time with Ricky on the team..It's really hard to talk about the saints in the playof when he wasn't there..The saints suck last year and he still got a 1200 yards...not many backs can say that..The Jets on the other hand is up and down when it comes to the playoff, we never know what you guys are going to do..At least the phins can talk consistently about the playoff at this time of the year..I do think if we beat you we go far into the playoff.

I was saying during the season against playoff teams...

I was saying during the season against playoff teams...

ive read all the posts up to this point. and it is pointless to continue. jim haslett took his team to consistent losses. end of story. im glad ricky now has something to prove to losers. cus thats what you are losers!

Before you start calling me an idiot remember you are a jets fan.

Individual performances are important but what you said was how was Ricky Williams performance against playoff teams, well you knob did you watch all the saints games last year? Is there a stat for OLmen that miss blocking assignments or if the RB missed an opening in the line? Nope.
Individual performances is how well the QB is throwing the ball or how well the WR runs his route to get open or extra effort to make the catch, or is the RB making that extra push for a yard. there isn't as stat for that.

If Vinny is throwing bullseyes all day but Moss and co. is dropping them it doesn't reflect in the stats how well Vinny was throwing it just shows his comp.% wasn't very good.

Running the ball is pure team effort. Let say RW has a 3.5 per carry average in a game, exactly what does that tell me about RW individual performance, nothing, maybe the OL was blocking better today or maybe the OL sucked today and Ricky just ripped off a few long runs that padded his stats but inless you watched the game you don't know.
Your stat on RW only represents the TEAM when RW ran the ball, did the OL make there blocks?

Barry Sanders had 12yds in the 1st half against the Bucs, in the second half except for two runs of 60 yards he gained zero yards but at the end of the game he had 132yrds on 31 carrys for a 4.2 yrds per carry average.
How was Barrys individual effort against the Bucs?

I watched that game and except for those two big runs he looked lost at times and made bad decisions, the OL was blocking well that game and the FB ran with better consistancy. But hey Stats don't lie RIGHT?

In the playoffs against the Packers Sanders ran for minus 1 yard, the whole game.
How was Barrys individual effort? Awsome!! he busted his ASS to try and make a yard but the OL was injured and tired and couldn't block a H.S. DT but I never seen him work so hard to try and make a yard. He was consisdered the best player on the team that day. But hey stats don't lie RIGHT?

Was 3.8 yard per carry RW stats or a team stat? If it's RWs stats then what was Deuces stats, were they better or worse? Did RW have more carrys than Deuce or WHAT!

How did the OL play in those games? Did the RG have a good individual performance that day that play.

Before you throw out names like idiot lets look at your question.

How did RW do against playoff teams?
What the HELL does that have to do with him playing for the Dolphins with a different line and a different offense?

Lamar Smith ran for over a 1000 yards in 2000 but in 2001 his performance dropped off....WHY? was it individual effort or lack there of? Or a completely injury riddled OL?

Trying to compair how RW ran against playoff teams while with the N.O. Saints has nothing to do with what he may do with the Dolphins.
Running the ball effectivly to win a football game is a TEAM EFFORT, OL.RB,WR,FB AND PLAY CALLING.

First of all, if, and I say IF, his stats dropped off dramaticaly against playoff teams, I 'd say that yes, the OLine has much to do with it, but all I was trying to see was if his stats were padded against non-playoff teams, they were a little, but not dramatically like I had heard. I asked if anyone knew, no one answered, so I checked. I did not say anything about Ricky's future performances with Miami. I just wanted to see a split of his stats. Calm down, I was not trying to start a battle here.

I just wanted to see a split of his stats. Calm down, I was not trying to start a battle here.
:fire: :yell: :mad: :rolleyes:

Sure get me all fired up the tell me to calm down, isn't that unethical? :judge: I think it is.

All right... here we go...

Originally posted by MDFINFAN
Man are these guys setting up a pre season game that can get ugly fast..I hope our D nails the Deuce and Ricky runs a 60 yard TD on them..and then smile and we take him out of the game.

Knowing the Saints' luck this will probably happen. Just don't expect any 60 yd RW's runs during regular season.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
True, I also hope that Fiedler goes perfect and throws a TD pass to Chambers, while Brooks throws a couple of picks and a couple more incompletions...while Deuce tweaks a hammy or something that goes along with his entire training room filled college career.

Wow, this is a pretty classless post. I thought phin fans had a little better class than to "hope" a player "tweaks a hammy"

Originally posted by chambers84

That kinda tells me that the Saints have WRs that don't block downfield, or people that just stand and watch Ricky go past the LOS.

All I can say to this is...WRONG

Originally posted by codename47

You are correct. Matter of fact, not even the OL was blocking...

Once again.....WRONG! RW had lots of holes. He just doesn't have the moves or speed to breakaway once he's past the LOS. That's a fact, and you can take that to the bank.

Originally posted by iceblizzard69

The Saints SUCK! They got rid of tons of impact players and gained crap. They could have been good this year but Randy Mueller is a moron and made some of the worst moves ever. He broke up the team, a team that was on the rise and should have made the playoffs last season if it weren't for a end of the year collapse.

What?? got rid of tons of impact players? Joe Johnson is the only loss that really hurt this team IMO.

Glover had pretty sack-stats because he was surrounded by so much talent on the line. He sucked against the run.

Roaf, although still decent, is old and his health is declining. I doubt he'll ever last a whole season again. I think it was a good move to trade him now while he is still worth something.

Willie Jackson was a good player but I think we've upgraded the WR corps from last year considerably.

Sorry, but your statement is WAAAAAYYY off.

To Saints Fan:
As I am sure that you watched and cheered for Ricky all of last season, can you tell the Dolphin faithful how effective Ricky was against playoff teams?

Well, in all honestly...in RW's one playoff game apperance, he was coming back from injury and still not even close to 100%

Originally posted by Fletch Longhorn
Now the defense. The DL played like **** last season compared to 01. Mitchel's prodcution declinded dramatically for some reason and Charlie Clemmons didn't live up to the biling he came in with. Sammy Knight is the only good player on the D, with some slow, short, and just overall bad cornerbacks.

I agree the DL did not play well last season. But to say Knight is the only good D player is rediculous. Our CB Thomas is one of the better shut-down corners in the league. Hand is a great run-stuffer. Howard is a promising young DE.

And as far as the Saints and their fans need to stop worrying about RW...well I see far more Saints/Brooks posts in this forum than I see Miami/RW posts in any Saints forum.

Back
Top Bottom