The Saints/Deuce and Yes Ricky | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Saints/Deuce and Yes Ricky

VanDolPhan

Practice Squad
Reaction score
http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/story/5581828

It's a prisco article so I'm sure you guys will hate it.

However I just wanted to point you guys to one line in the article:

"We're huge Ricky Williams fans," said Haslett. "The more yards the better."

So here's to Ricky doing 1499 yards in the regular season and Deuce getting the crap smacked outta him at the LOS every play!

Man are these guys setting up a pre season game that can get ugly fast..I hope our D nails the Deuce and Ricky runs a 60 yard TD on them..and then smile and we take him out of the game.

I hate this stat
Williams had one run over 30 yards in 38 NFL games
:fire: but if Lamar can run for long runs (at least on shuttle passes), then so can Ricky ;)

Originally posted by dolphan39
I hate this stat :fire: but if Lamar can run for long runs (at least on shuttle passes), then so can Ricky ;)

Don`t forget....Ricky weighed 250 lbs. then. He`ll be faster at 225.

True, I also hope that Fiedler goes perfect and throws a TD pass to Chambers, while Brooks throws a couple of picks and a couple more incompletions...while Deuce tweaks a hammy or something that goes along with his entire training room filled college career.

I love how Brooks ran his mouth, but it will be funny to see how well he does with out teams sticking 8 in the box to stop RW. Do you think Deuce will get the respect that RW got last year? Teams will now focus on stopping Arron, and not Ricky. Good luck big mouth.

Well they've upgraded to a faster track style team. Jerome Pathon's a burner, so is Joe Horn, so is Donte Stallworth. They have Eddie "Boo" Williams as 2nd TE and will probably garner a lot of playing time. Brooks is a fast QB. And Deuce is supposed to be a homerun threat anytime he touches the ball, run or pass. Their own version of what Dan Reeves is trying to do with the Falcons (except for drafting TJ Duckett where did that come from...and when the heck are they gonna release Jamal Anderson already...I'm sure the Texans are waiting anxiously) Seems like there's an increasing number of teams that are trying to go with a track meet offense copying the Eagles and to an extant the Rams.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
Well they've upgraded to a faster track style team. Jerome Pathon's a burner, so is Joe Horn, so is Donte Stallworth.

That's pulled hammie(yesterday), pulled hammie(last week), and pulled hammie( at least 2 weeks out)

They have Eddie "Boo" Williams as 2nd TE and will probably garner a lot of playing time. Brooks is a fast QB. And Deuce is supposed to be a homerun threat anytime he touches the ball, run or pass. Their own version of what Dan Reeves is trying to do with the Falcons (except for drafting TJ Duckett where did that come from...and when the heck are they gonna release Jamal Anderson already...I'm sure the Texans are waiting anxiously) Seems like there's an increasing number of teams that are trying to go with a track meet offense copying the Eagles and to an extant the Rams.

Boo Williams is really an overweight WR.
All of 'em Mississippi fans keep on using that "homerun threat" argument. when speaking of Dulymus. We'll see...

Originally posted by dolphan39
I hate this stat :fire: but if Lamar can run for long runs (at least on shuttle passes), then so can Ricky ;)

That kinda tells me that the Saints have WRs that don't block downfield, or people that just stand and watch Ricky go past the LOS.

Originally posted by chambers84

That kinda tells me that the Saints have WRs that don't block downfield, or people that just stand and watch Ricky go past the LOS.

Couldn't have said it better myself, same thoughts I had..I remember Lamar's screen pass on the titans last year..Our receivers made that run possible.

ain'ts....................

what kills me, is the saints upping hasslets contract another 4 years and giving him a raise!

they choke big time down the stretch, team full of turmoils of various kinds and hasslet himself being invovlved in some sort of sexual harrasment thing!

and that gets you a raise in new orleans? bwahahahahah.

"america is a week country full of hollywood pretty boys who's only concerne is the next party or there stock portfolios. they are an immoral people, without convictions and have no back bone. they do not posess the intestinal fortitude to sustain a war against us, and that is why victory will be ours".................

osama bin laden

A raise and promotion...he got a clause put in his contract that says he has final say on all personnel decisions.

I think this was one of those trades that worked out well for both teams. The Saints were not happy with Ricky .. Ricky wasn't happy with them. We (Dolphins and fans) are all VERY HAPPY with Ricky. We wanted a Ricky type back .. as far as his not running for long runs .... who cares? If he gets X number of yards does it matter if he gets it all at once ... not unless we are facing a 3rd and 60.

I think its funny though that the Saints who claim they are happy with the situation keep bringing it back up. Its almost like they have to keep convincing themselves they made the right desicion.

Originally posted by chambers84

You are correct. Matter of fact, not even the OL was blocking...

Back
Top Bottom