The Saints will not realease AMac | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Saints will not realease AMac

enigmatics said:
Well technically we did beat you last year with the pigskin, so we're a leg up with the Cactus Cup. Baseball was crazy........we really fizzled out at the end. I honestly thought we were goin' deep. ASU put up a nice fight, but were destined to lose in that final series.

I almost threw up my turkey day sandwiches when the Mildcats beat ASU last year....it was a fluke....my dad is from Philly and I haven't tasted anything that is remotely close to Genos or Pats in South Philly...they just dont use the right bread...it's not the same. Is this year's game in Tempe or Tucson?...I will have to head back to AZ in November. :rawk:

enigmatics said:
As I was watching it, it just had "meant to be" all over it. ASU didn't want it. That squad was reeling towards the end of the season from those embarassing whoopins' they got from USC and Cal.

Yea, that USC lost was just brutal. But you gotta give us credit for that Iowa wni. We picked that team apart.

Roman529 said:
I almost threw up my turkey day sandwiches when the Mildcats beat ASU last year....it was a fluke....my dad is from Philly and I haven't tasted anything that is remotely close to Genos or Pats in South Philly...they just dont use the right bread...it's not the same. Is this year's game in Tempe or Tucson?...I will have to head back to AZ in November. :rawk:

Yea I hear ya...but the people who own Corleones just came over from Phili (and you can tell by how they talk), and its a family owned restaurant. It came as close as I've ever had before.

Roman529 said:

It's at ASU

A lot of Arizonans in the house eh?

My wife, daughter and I are moving to (back to in my case) Tempe next December. We're going to be moving to Terra Vida on Roosevelt (5 minutes from ASU)

Deuce said:
Sure he has his problems... but didn't Haslett and his FO also trade Ricky to the Dolphins?

Yep... right before he rushed for 1500+ yards that season and 1800+ the next... Thanks again.

IceStorm said:
I'm still trying to think why we'd want any player that couldn't make the Saints.

Pretty funny coming from a guy whose team has depended solely on the run and D since Marino retired. You've got a guy who should've stayed a career back-up, another who screwed his career by headbutting a concrete wall in celebration and apparently jarring something loose, another whose claim to fame is being named after a spice, and Brock Berlin. And you make fun of the Saints QB situation? Amusing.

phinphan11 said:
Yep... right before he rushed for 1500+ yards that season and 1800+ the next... Thanks again.

And the Saints got Charles Grant and Johnathan Sullivan (who's finally playing worth a damn) from that trade. Thanks for taking that dope-smoking headcase off our hands.

There are a few members here with their heads on straight (Zeke and Mitchy being the most prominent on this thread, Zeke on the other McPherson threads I've looked at), but just like the Saints forum, some people have no clue.

I don't think McPherson will be released simply because there is no way he clears waivers. Kingsbury (who has actually looked better than Bouman during preseason) will. McPherson would be snapped up. He's got tremendous upside and comes cheap. I really think he'll unseat Brooks in 3 seasons. I think Saban knows or believes that Davey will be the odd man out in NE and will be after him.

And BTW, while the Saints are my favorite team, the Dolphins are and always have been my favorite AFC team. I've still got a vintage '81 Dolphins cap on my shelf.

JoeRobStad4ever said:
If the Saints did cut him, they'd be morons.

unless he looks terrible... let's not forget, even the worst coaches know a hell of a lot more than us....

PHAZINPHINZPHAN said:
You came here to talk smack. Dont forget about the woeful years of Aaron brooks

I don't think that he was out of line or that it was total "smack" he's spouting. Heck, as much as I posted in those threads....I also don't truly think AM will get cut. While the Saints have made some bad personnel descions in the past...I think they knew what that they were getting a project when they took him. I just think that NO has been suprised by Kingbury, that's it and they will likely be able to keep Kliffy on the practice squad...I don't think they will be a huge rush to claim Kliff off waivers (there might but I think it's low odds).

That doesn't change the fact that I think he'd make a great #3 QB to try and develope though....but I think that N.O. feels the same way. We shall see.

enigmatics said:
Bro. Do yourself a favor, just stop replying. My fellow Dolphin fan bretheren are not in a good mental state at the moment. They're all freaking out over the preseason and it has just hightened the ridiculous "We should trade for" threads. It's sad, but that's what happens when you get a board full of impatient fanatics (for the most part, there happens to be a few who haven't jumped off a bridge yet lol).

So again, it's basically a waste of time to argue unless you're arguing for the sake of arguing. I whole heartedly agree with you, there's not a chance in h*ll the Saints trade or cut A-Mac.

Good post.

AMAC, thanks for the persepctive from the Saints side. :)

FaninPatsyLand said:
And the woeful job their Head Coach (Worst in the League) Jim Haslett has done.

The Saints aren't going anywhere with that idiot running the show.

Bro... Jim Haslett is the NFC version of Wanny...

Back
Top Bottom