option 1option 2
rdplayerposschoolrdplayerposschool
1JordanDEOregon1EifertTENotre Dame
2aReedTEFlorida2aRhodesCBFlorida St
2bWheatonWROregon St2bWheatonWROregon St
3aRamboFSGeorgia3aSkovILBStanford
3bWagnerOLWisconsin3bBarnerRBOregon

Rationale... Miami needs depth @ LB.
Wagner could be an OG and Incog's replacment.
Barner is a playmaker as is Jordan.
Wheaton replaces Hartline as the deep threat and unlike Ginn isn't afraid to get hit.

I like how you're thinking. Eifert is really someone that makes a ton of sense for this offense as he would give Tannehill a safety net and a seam stretcher at tight end. I love Jordan, but I wonder how he'd do in a 4-3. I would actually combine the two options with some minor tweaking.

1. Eifert or Patterson (perfect pick for this team)
2. Trufant over Rhodes
2. Wheaton (love this pick, wonder if he lasts to RD 3?)
3. Carradine (fits our 4-3 well)
3. Barner (unless Bush is signed)

I like how you're thinking. Eifert is really someone that makes a ton of sense for this offense as he would give Tannehill a safety net and a seam stretcher at tight end. I love Jordan, but I wonder how he'd do in a 4-3. I would actually combine the two options with some minor tweaking.

1. Eifert or Patterson (perfect pick for this team)
2. Trufant over Rhodes
2. Wheaton (love this pick, wonder if he lasts to RD 3?)
3. Carradine (fits our 4-3 well)
3. Barner (unless Bush is signed)

My rationale for Jordan is simple... Think of JPP for the Gmen but with more experience against better competition in college. He is a 4-3 DE. Imagine the phins infrequently running a wide 9 w/ Wake & Jordan coming off the edges.

I say resign Reggie for a reasonable amount. Trade Thomas. Draft Barner.

I'm surprised the world hasn't ended as much as I'm advocating for the phins to draft a Notre Dame skill player. ROFL!?

I like Eifert...but I think Id take Fauria in the 2nd. Fauria is going to be a red zone monster. He would finally give Tannehill a legitimate red zone threat. It looks as if were going to be in the 15 range so Id like something like:
1. Mingo/Jordan
2. Patterson/Hunter/Hopkins/Bailey/Patton (lots of options...just depends on who is here but there will be a legitimate WR available)
2. Fauria
3. Rambo
3. Marquess Wilson
4. James Gayle/Quanterus Smith

Obviously just depends on how the draft falls...and as you can see I didn't address CB in this particular draft. But adding another playmaker to the secondary such as Rambo and pass rushers would help. In addition to possibly adding another vet in FA.

Need a CB in first 3 rounds...

DE round 1 Jordan
TE round 2 Ertz or Fauria
FS round 2b Rambo
CB round 3a Hawthorne
WR Round 3b Bailey or Wilson
Round 4: BPA RB, OG, LB

Let walk:
Long-will want too much cash, not playing at elite level

Hartline-tough call here, love his work ethic, great sideline catches, but no YAC ability and can't go up for the ball. Jennings, wilson/Bailey, bess, Matthews, binns

McDaniel-making too much for a backup DT

Moore-great backup but will get more money elsewhere

Fasano-solid pro, but need some young blood here, ESP a TE that can block

Resign:
Starks: arguably our best Def player, argument could be made to let him walk and shift odrick to DT, but I don't think we should let our best players walk. DL is only posición of depth on this team. Let's keep it that way.

Bush- 3 weeks ago I was ready to let him walk, but he is one of our few playmakers. If used correctly, he will be an asset!

Clemons-under the condition that he's a backup

Smith-i hate the fact that were in this position, but we're stuck between a rock and hard place here. I'd pay him up to 6, not a penny more.

fA:
OT Volmer
WR Jennings
CB Cox

My rationale for Jordan is simple... Think of JPP for the Gmen but with more experience against better competition in college. He is a 4-3 DE. Imagine the phins infrequently running a wide 9 w/ Wake & Jordan coming off the edges.

I say resign Reggie for a reasonable amount. Trade Thomas. Draft Barner.

I'm surprised the world hasn't ended as much as I'm advocating for the phins to draft a Notre Dame skill player. ROFL!?
Yeah, I'm a big fan of Jordan. I see Werner as the perfect fit opposite Wake, but we'd have to trade up for him. I think Jordan is a guy you move around for best matchups and I would love that pick. I don't think there will be a cb worthy of taking in the middle of round 1, you can find a wr in round 2 so a pass rusher makes a ton of sense. That said, Patterson and Eifert are two very intriguing players who I think would fit very well. Patterson's elite with the ball in his hands, but needs experience. Eifert seems like a guy Philibin would love based on how he used tight ends in Green Bay.

I like Eifert...but I think Id take Fauria in the 2nd. Fauria is going to be a red zone monster. He would finally give Tannehill a legitimate red zone threat. It looks as if were going to be in the 15 range so Id like something like:
1. Mingo/Jordan
2. Patterson/Hunter/Hopkins/Bailey/Patton (lots of options...just depends on who is here but there will be a legitimate WR available)
2. Fauria
3. Rambo
3. Marquess Wilson
4. James Gayle/Quanterus Smith

Obviously just depends on how the draft falls...and as you can see I didn't address CB in this particular draft. But adding another playmaker to the secondary such as Rambo and pass rushers would help. In addition to possibly adding another vet in FA.
Still not sold on Mingo. He seems like a boom or bust guy to me, although I do recognize his talent. Marquess Wilson in Round 3 would be really nice.

Still not sold on Mingo. He seems like a boom or bust guy to me, although I do recognize his talent. Marquess Wilson in Round 3 would be really nice.
Yeah Mingo is probably boom or bust. Its just too hard to ignore those tools though and Im willing to swing for the fences on someone like him rather than take someone like his teammate Montgomery who I think looks pretty average.
I really like Wilson..I think he will be there in Rd 3..but you might end up having to take him in the 2nd. He's a first round talent IMO. There are a ton of receivers in this draft I like..but that could be because Ive been looking at them more due to our glaring need

I tried to have a 3rd option where Keenan Allen was the 1st round pick but seemed nothing clicked after that.

Nothing against Werner but I'd rather go w/ Margus Hunt in the 3rd or 4th.

the only way you see a TE not named Fasano in the line up next year is if Egnew and Clay miraculously takes over, Fasano is a heck of a safety net already, and by they numbers having his best year, we wont go TE this year

I tried to have a 3rd option where Keenan Allen was the 1st round pick but seemed nothing clicked after that.

Nothing against Werner but I'd rather go w/ Margus Hunt in the 3rd or 4th.

If Werner is there at 15, we have to take him but that is highly improbable. I would like Hunt and one of Werner's teammates Jenkins or Carradine in the third. Use our top three picks on WR, TE and/or cb.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I want Allen, Trufant and Bailey....see my sig.

Wasnt a big Jordan fan initially, but he is growing on me. Looks like he could be similar to an Aldon Smith type hybrid. with that we can still get a top WR and CB in rd 2, hopefully addresing both in FA as well.

Can you imagine say Jordan R1, Hunter R2 (maybe dealing a 4th to move up), Trufant R2, Hunt R3, Wilson R3. You'd have two nice receivers options with the potential to grow into #1's, you'd have two defenders with incredible upside and ability that are both over 6-6, and a playmaker cover corner. Miami could use the rest of the draft to find a te, linebacking depth and offensive linemen.

Back
Top Bottom