The Schottenheimer Era? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Schottenheimer Era?

Phish_Food

Saint....Dolphin....????? ?
Reaction score
Marty Schottenheimer could reportedly be an option for the Dolphins if the Chargers lose their first game of the playoffs Sunday. One rumor has the Dolphins potentially hiring both Schottenheimers (Marty and Brian of the Jets). We'd guess that Marty would be the head coach while Brian coordinated the offense in this radical scenario.

www.rotoworld.com

i didnt think brian could leave the jets in mid contract if not taking a job that is considered a promotion {headcoach}

Brian can't become a Dolphins coach unless he's the headcoach. He can not move laterally from another team if hes under contract. Only way he can come to the Dolphins is if he's the headcoach. I think him being the #1 finalist says he will be our next headcoach:wink:

he wins in the regular season and sucks in the postseason...

no thanks to old garbage coaches.

As long as his title was assistent head coach office it would be a promotion

NFL changed that to stop the proliferation of assistant head coaches.

There are now 2 levels of coaches - Head Coach and everybody else. Assistant Head Coach is no longer a defense available to keep around a guy you cannot promote to Head Coach. If it was then Mangini would still be on the Pats.

NFL changed that to stop the proliferation of assistant head coaches.

There are now 2 levels of coaches - Head Coach and everybody else. Assistant Head Coach is no longer a defense available to keep around a guy you cannot promote to Head Coach. If it was then Mangini would still be on the Pats.
Mangini wanted to leave to be a head coach so that is not the same thing the only way that would be a good point would be if Mangini wanted to go to be the jets as, dc & assistent to head coach & ne blocked that

Mangini wanted to leave to be a head coach so that is not the same thing the only way that would be a good point would be if Mangini wanted to go to be the jets as, dc & assistent to head coach & ne blocked that

But the point is that assistant head coach means nothing in terms of level in the heirarchy right now.

You cannot leave a job as a coordinator for another job as a coordinator even if they add assistant head coach to the title.

Technically you cannot leave a job as any of the primary assistants (OC, DC, QB, ST, OA, QC) for a job as any of the others, although in practice it is very hard to turn down a step up to a coordinator position for one of your people because that will effect how other prospective coaches look at you.

I believe the restriction does not apply to contracts signed prior to the NFL Management Council decision that was made to coincide with the new CBA.

The reason the change was made was that Dan Snyder was driving the price of assistants throught the roof and the NFL decided to step in and stop that. It also resolved a lingering question relating back to ways the Bill Parcells operated at New England and the Jets, when he liberally sprinkled around extra special sounding titles to try to tie people to the team.

Silly rumor, no way we hire Marty and his son.... very silly....

I am curious as to why it would be "silly" to hire a Father/Son combo?
Or is it just because it is Marty/Brian?

I have know several father/son combos to be effective teams in business.
Is it just a football thing or what?

Just wanted to know your reasoning for this.

The only way we end up with both, is if Brian is hired as head coach. After that, Marty would then need to retire {in effect becoming an outside consultant}. That's really the only way it could ever happen in my opinion.....

PHINZ RULE!!!!

Marty Schottenheimer could reportedly be an option for the Dolphins if the Chargers lose their first game of the playoffs Sunday. One rumor has the Dolphins potentially hiring both Schottenheimers (Marty and Brian of the Jets). We'd guess that Marty would be the head coach while Brian coordinated the offense in this radical scenario.

www.rotoworld.com

Whoa, that is a crazy scenario. I seriously doubt this though as Brian has a good job with the Jets. Plus, who here would really want to work a super high stress job with their father?

Back
Top Bottom