The Silver Lining... | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Silver Lining...

This one win is important for confidence and culture for Flo & the staff. Yes, going 0-16 on paper sounds great, any pick we want (doesn’t mean we lost that #1 pick yet), but a solid win provides confidence to all of the younger players that will stick around next season. The players can feel confident with the coaches when they provide direction.

I never played in the league but I did play in the Pac 10 (back in the day), we had a new coach mid way during the season, our first win validated his new direction with the team. It meant a lot.

We went through this awful season, where our team was ripped apart, where our best players were auctioned off for whatever we could get, if we end up with anything other thant the #1 pick we've royally messed up this whole thing and endangered the chance to make this rebuild be as short as possible. There is a big drop off from Tua to the rest, Burrow is intriguing but you can't jsut look at what he's done this year, there is a lot of risk with that pick. Watched Herbert last night, throws probably the worst pick you will ever see inside his own 10 yard line, but then runs in a TD and throws two beautiful TDs with pinpoint accuracy. That's kind of him in a nutshell, again there is a huge bust potential there however if he gets it right there's a HOF QB there.

If we don't get #1 we will have to go to plan B, that could get costly if plan B is to move up. If plan B is to take a Herbert or Burrow then that's fine but hopefully they've done there homework on both these guys and hopefully they do a little better job at developing the young guy than they have done so far for our current young QB we traded a 2nd rounder for.

There are no other QB's I would touch in this draft with anything more than the Houston pick we got (which is looking even worse value after today :(). Love is developmental, Eason has issues and I don't see a first round talent there, Fromm is the ultimate no talent game manager for me, 2nd even 3rd rounder value at best.

If we weren't/aren't tanking, this is a pretty bad coaching and front office staff. Historically bad. It actually started to look like we were throwing games but no. We were playing to win

I personally only see one other win on the schedule and that's Cincinnati. And all it will take betweeb now in thay fame is for Cincinnati to win and Miami is right back on top. There really are too many crappy teams this year and it will take all season to determine the final draft placement.

The Bills are suspect. We have them at home...I'll guarantee that the spread won't be 17.5 at the very least.

We play the Jets on 12/8...we just saw what happened.

The Giants don't inspire any fear or respect from me.

The Bengals might trot Boomer out there when we play.

We can win 2/4 of these game...easy. That leaves us at 3-13, which might have us drafting anywhere from 2 - 6. Plan mocks accordingly.

In this season, and especially this game, is how it should effectively remove any sensible Phan from the TankForTua bandwagon.

With possible wins against the Bill's, the Jets (again), and the Patriots, we are now in the LoveToLose...KeepFrommWinning stage of our draft hopefulness.

What I dread is getting RAPED for all out draft capital/integrity by trading up....

We are not beating the Bills and Patriots....I would say we might beat the Bengals.

The Jets will get us in New York...2-14 at best!

If we weren't/aren't tanking, this is a pretty bad coaching and front office staff. Historically bad. It actually started to look like we were throwing games but no. We were playing to win
How many times does this need to be explained to our "fans". The coaches and players play to win the FO set the team up to lose,

Oh look...all the whiny little cry babies hate it when their favorite football team wins a game. I’ll tell you why this was a critical win: Adam Gase is the worst head coach in the NFL right now and losing to a Gase coached team would be a(nother) major red flag for our coaching staff.
Not really with this roster.

Thought I suspect of the Bengals get the first pick, they'll be smart and take Chase Young possibly letting TT slip. Hope not. Hope Cincy takes Tua.

Cincy just benched Dalton for the rest of the season. You don't need a crystal ball to know that a QB is in their future. They need a QB more than a DE.

The first overall pick is still very much in play. I highly doubt Cincinnati will go 0-16. There is half a season of football left. A lot can happen.
Their schedule says 0-16 much more than ours says 1-15.

Still in control of our own #1 pick destiny, lose out and assuming the Bengals, Falcons and Skins maintain a stronger SOS then we will be picking first. Really can't afford any more of these wins though.
Well if they won today, what makes you think they won't try to win the rest of the games?

What I admittedly I do not understand is that you make a plan to get the first pick in the draft , and you screw it up. If we start winni g, then the first 7 losses mean nothing. And welcome back mediocrity.

Back
Top Bottom