The Silver Lining... | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Silver Lining...

We're playing hard and improving and I like what I'm seeing with the effort and the coaching. However, this will probably be our only win this season. Doubt we win at the Jets. The only one really in question will be the Cincy game and if we're really committed to getting the first pick we definitely won't win that game.

The only one really in question will be the Cincy game and if we're really committed to getting the first pick we definitely won't win that game.

Don't say that...the delirium of this Super Bowl win hasn't worn off yet.

The Bengals are closer to ascending than we are. They get the kid from Bama back and they have bookend tackles (Cordy Glenn). They'll get some if their defensive talent back (Lawson, Jackson, Dunlap, Dennard). They have a much more talented team than we do...at least on paper.
'Much more talented'? Sorry but they are beyond poor. On paper means zip. AJ Green is touted to get traded when/if he comes back. Phins have defensive talent out as well. Jones, Howard etc. At least the Phins can bring in talent by future planning. Bengals are not going to be contending anytime soon. They are cellar dwellers.

Can you at least give me one actual benefit of winning a game against the Jets for the Fins?

The only possible benefit would be if Tua got injured in his first year and is unable to play well, otherwise there was no benefit of winning today.

'Much more talented'? Sorry but they are beyond poor. On paper means zip. AJ Green is touted to get traded when/if he comes back. Phins have defensive talent out as well. Jones, Howard etc. At least the Phins can bring in talent by future planning. Bengals are not going to be contending anytime soon. They are cellar dwellers.

The Bengals have all the pieces of an offensive line in waiting. If they happen to luck into one of the top centers with the 1st pick of the second round, their o-line is better than ours.

Joe Mixon is better than any back we have. Point to Cincy

WR is a wash....

Their defensive line will be Carlos Dunlop, Andrew Billings, Geno Atkins, and Sam Hubbard. Point to Cincy.

LBs...a wash.

CBs...Jackson III, Kirkpatrick, and Dennard are better than what we trot out there.

Saferies... a wash.

Tua would be in a better situation in Cincy than in Miami.

I just want to point to the Matt Moore year. We made a colossal turnaround going from an 0-7 and in pole position in the Suck for Luck sweepstakes, to a meaningless 7-9'ish (can't recall exactly) season where we drafted 8th and launched the Tannehill era. Now, Luck ended up having health issues, and didn't pan out. RG3 was a great athlete but a bad QB, so neither of those earlier QB's panned out really. At the time, people like me were disappointed we went on the late season win streak and lost out on a great QB prospect in Luck.

I ask you … how fondly do you remember that Matt Moore season? Does it cause a great swell of Dolphins pride that we came back and made the year respectable even without any shot at the playoffs? Or does it make you feel like you missed a chance on greatness? I feel the latter. While Luck didn't work out … most QB's drafted earlier do better than those drafted later. I remember Don Shula and Dan Marino … and mediocrity holds no great appeal for me. I say ... take a chance on greatness, and I'll never be happy with 7-9 or 8-8 … it's still just losing to me. I'd rather throw the Hail Mary and try to win than make a meaningless 30 yard gain that has no chance of winning for the last play of the game. But that's just me … I want to gamble on greatness.

Spot on, we beat another shitty team, big deal and it will either cost us a Tua or the draft capital to get him.

Well they should be able to get a franchise QB with that number 1 pick so don't count your chickens before they hatch, Miami can't even tank right smh where is cleo lemon when we need him that guy knew how to lose.

Pats was an error. I meant to write Bengals...

Right now we pick 4...which is probably how the season ends with us in that place.

Are you of the mindset to trade up to her Tua o matter the price, select Burrow or Herbert, or go with Young as our first pick

If CIncy Ends up with that number 1 no way tua is an option to trade for, If the jets get there they may stick with darnold or not because he has been that bad.. I knew when they put fitz in we were messing up our tank.. Fitz is the type of QB that will be lights out 1 game and a turnover machine the next.. WE should have kept Rosen out there starting imo.. We needed to lose and to see if Rosen would improve.. instead here we are so dolpins to mess up even something as easy as losing with street free agents.

Back
Top Bottom