The sins of Ricky Williams | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The sins of Ricky Williams

Why does ever Saint fan post start: I love(ed) Ricky, but he . . . .

I have nothing against the Saints. I hope they do well. But it seems like the Saint fans around here are praying that Ricky stinks so that they don't feel bad about trading him.

I know you all say that you want him to do well so you'll get another 1st rounder, but then you guys always go into this Anti-Ricky list.

Sometimes a good player just needs to move on. It happens.

ST. G..don't go..you much understand..I understand the cancer in the locker room comment..That's why I'm not going nuts over the release of DG.. But when I read on post on how well Decuse did against the Texans D. and Ricky only got 9 yards against the Tampa D..well that's just funny to me..I saw some of Ricky's game while he was saints and I know he was pounder..I didn't see him get many opps to break a long one..He avoided people pretty good when he had the chance..but mostly he had no where to go..But that was only some games..I now Lamar broke some long ones for us..but our wr's made that possible with them down field blocks..I'm not sure of the situation in N.O. but we get a chance to see what you're talking about this season..In the mean time realize he is in a different location and team and things can change...But you reallly make his 1200 yards even more impressive when you factor in the fact that he didn't have long runs and still got 1200,,lamar had some long runs and didn't get to 1000...So I really won't to see what Ricky does in his new environment.

Originally posted by PhinKev
Why does ever Saint fan post start: I love(ed) Ricky, but he . . . .

I have nothing against the Saints. I hope they do well. But it seems like the Saint fans around here are praying that Ricky stinks so that they don't feel bad about trading him.

I know you all say that you want him to do well so you'll get another 1st rounder, but then you guys always go into this Anti-Ricky list.

I hope Ricky does well......not only do i want the 1st round pick....but he's the cornerstone of my fantasy football dynasty league. I will always want Ricky to do well. He just isn't a good fit in New Orleans that's all.

Originally posted by Saint Greg

I hope Ricky does well......not only do i want the 1st round pick....but he's the cornerstone of my fantasy football dynasty league. I will always want Ricky to do well. He just isn't a good fit in New Orleans that's all.

You know it is funny how fantasy football changes things. I've been a dolphin fan since I can remember and I never really followed anyone else. But, Marshall Faulk has been on my fantasy team for a few years (Keeper League) and I find myself a big fan. I also kind of like the Rams now.

It's not anywhere close to how I feel about my Dolphins, but if it doesn't affect my phins, then I'll cheer for Marshal too.

So here's hoping that Ricky makes both of us very happy. (Actually I'm hoping for 1,499 yards)

Originally posted by PhinKev

You know it is funny how fantasy football changes things. I've been a dolphin fan since I can remember and I never really followed anyone else. But, Marshall Faulk has been on my fantasy team for a few years (Keeper League) and I find myself a big fan. I also kind of like the Rams now.

It's not anywhere close to how I feel about my Dolphins, but if it doesn't affect my phins, then I'll cheer for Marshal too.

So here's hoping that Ricky makes both of us very happy. (Actually I'm hoping for 1,499 yards)

I know what you mean......games that you normally wouldn't care about....you now do....and you find yourself cheering for players you normally wouldn't.....a couple years ago i had Faulk and Owens.....both in the saints division.....I won the championship that year.

I dont' play the free fantasy leagues either......i'm in two right now. one i pay over 100 dollars to get in, the other i pay 30....so i take it seriously.

Originally posted by Saint Greg

It seems i'm fighting a losing battle here....there's not much more i can do until we play someone else....i'll be back to chat tonight.

I'm back......anyone got anything to say?

I'm not comparing Ricky Williams to Rob Johnson. That would be apples to oranges, but there are similarities between the situations in NO and Buffalo. Both were expected to come in and be messiahs for their new teams. Both came into situations where they were set up to fail. Buffalo had offensive line problems, a lack of an offensive identity with a new offensive coordinator every year, and Doug Flutie, an immensely popular guy who had a knack for sounding like the offended party while working behind the scene to undermine team support for Johnson. As codename suggests, NO paid too much for the rights to draft RW. That meant they had to have impossibly high expectations. While RW would have been wiser not to make comments about preferring Texas, you can chalk that up to naivete rather than malice toward NO. You can't blame the guy for having a psycho/social disorder either.

Why if RW wasn't playing for Miami, I could even root for him to succeed!

Originally posted by TigerJ
, NO paid too much for the rights to draft RW. That meant they had to have impossibly high expectations

What hurt Ricky his rookie year was Dicka.....He put the high expectations on Ricky....Thinking we could win with Ricky and no passing game, calling him the next Walter Payton, etc. But in 2000 and 2001 the pressure was off of Ricky....We had Brooks, Horn, Willie Jackson, etc. We won a playoff game without Ricky.....So i won't accept the "there was too much pressure on him" excuse beyond his rookie season.

Back
Top Bottom