The story on Ben Wilkerson | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The story on Ben Wilkerson

Schleprock

Mad and Surt...Legendary
Club Member
Reaction score
Haven't seen it posted, if it has I apologize. This tells why he went undrafted. I think it was a good move on our part after reading it.

www.bengals.com

"Courting of a College Free Agent" on the left hand side

I had to do some editing because I entered the URL manually and it kept flipping. For some reason FireFox does not allow me to copy and paste text from one browser to another...hmmm

Anyway, I did not know B Wilk blew out the patellar tendon recently.

Schleprock said:
Haven't seen it posted, if it has I apologize. This tells why he went undrafted. I think it was a good move on our part after reading it.

www.bengals.com

"Courting of a College Free Agent" on the left hand side

Where at???????
:confused:

I couldn't figure out why almost every other poster on this site had us drafting this guy. I didn't see anyhting special about the guy and apparently neither did Saban. Thank God the draft is over and all the amateur Mel Kipers can put their mock drafts away for another year

adamprez2003 said:
I couldn't figure out why almost every other poster on this site had us drafting this guy. I didn't see anyhting special about the guy and apparently neither did Saban. Thank God the draft is over and all the amateur Mel Kipers can put their mock drafts away for another year

Because he was one of the best Centers in college. He was injured, that's why he went undrafted. His injuries are worse than originally thought. You never seen anything special because you never watched him play.

After reading the column, I still don't know why Saben didn't go after him.

The only thought I had was that maybe he thinks that Wilkerson will end up on someones PS and if no one excells at center here, he'll pick him up then...

There is no mention of Saban in the article.Maybe they weren't close.

you have to imagine, that saban knows something about this guy that the bengals obviously don't.

This draft may have been considered weak at the top, but the talent that fell through to the 6th-7th-UDFA pool is amazing.

adamprez2003 said:

Wilkerson was IMO the best center available. I classed David Baas as a guard...Wilkerson injured himself at the end of the season but he still has top-tier vision and structure when taking on LBs and blitzes.

Bottle Nose said:
After reading the column, I still don't know why Saben didn't go after him.

The only thought I had was that maybe he thinks that Wilkerson will end up on someones PS and if no one excells at center here, he'll pick him up then...

Because Patellar tendon injuries like the one he had are a brutal, long process to recover from, and it's highly possible he'll never be the same player again.

Back
Top Bottom