The Tank is Officially Derailed | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Tank is Officially Derailed

*IF* we have the coach we seem to have....one who can coach up no name players from the street and actually win, then screw the draft.

To me, it’s as simple as this: Look at where we were week 1 compared to where we are now. Did we sign any big name stars? No. Did we make any splashy trades? No. In fact we lost several “big name” players. So ask yourself....what has changed? DVP, Gesicki, Fitz .... all played at the beginning of the season. All played today. So what has changed? Hopefully, and I say that with every meaning of the word, we actually have a coach. That’s what’s changed. A coaching staff that has gelled and are doing their job....well.

There’s still a lot of football left and a lot of ups and downs, but I like the direction we’re heading.

Miami would still be picking 4th overall if the season ended today. Granted, with how hard Miami is playing and the complete dogshit that is our next three opponents (NY Jets, NY Giants, Cincinnati) I could see them winning all those games.

Let's kill this nonsense right now.

Cincy WON, Wash WON ...we didn't lose any ground with this win.
The point is if we lost we would have the #1 pick we also lost to Cinci.

I’m stoked Flores looks like a gem and we’re playing hard, but winning is meaningless for a team who’s 80% of on field personnel won’t be here next year.

Woo Hoo!!!

Meaningless win (that makes the meatheads cry) number 3!!!

If the objective was to go winless or max 1-2 wins to ensure we got the number 1 pick, then we wouldn’t have hired Flores. He’s showing he’s too good for that.

He comes from a winning organisation, he want’s the same for us.

I can't stand this weak mentality.
You found a coaching staff with practically, nothing, that beat a team just yesterday removed from the SB and the only thing you can think about is we "may" not draft Top 10.

Are you freaking kidding me? The most important thing is staring you in your face and you don't see it....

This coaching can coach players up...period! That's worth it's weight in gold!

They're showing you if you give them players they will find a way to coach them up...
He hated the Flores hire and continues with that theme.

The point is if we lost we would have the #1 pick we also lost to Cinci.

I’m stoked Flores looks like a gem and we’re playing hard, but winning is meaningless for a team who’s 80% of on field personnel won’t be here next year.
Eh? This team had 2 wins already and Cinci won their 1st, how would that get us 1st overall?

Eh? This team had 2 wins already and Cinci won their 1st, how would that get us 1st overall?
Because if we dropped our game vs Cinci then we would own #1. You do know we play them right?

You found a coaching staff with practically, nothing, that beat a team just yesterday removed from the SB and the only thing you can think about is we "may" not draft Top 10.

Are you freaking kidding me? The most important thing is staring you in your face and you don't see it....

They're showing you if you give them players they will find a way to coach them up...

Again, we all said the same exact thing about Saban, Sparano and Gase in year 1. Two of them actually got to the playoffs. How did that turn out?

You know what they else had in common with this coaching staff? They relied on an old savvy vet QB to win games. When they actually had to identify and coach up a young franchise QB for sustainable success they failed.

Spot on, the whole idea of cleaning the roster was to bring in new players with new attitudes that would buy in and perform. We are already showing that without a single person drafted. It is staring them right in the face, we are already moving forward. There was never a plan to lose to get a better draft pick, that isn't needed if you have the coaches in place to develop players. The losing was a byproduct of stripping the roster of all the washed-up vets, me mentality players, and the overpaid underperforming talent. We started with a fresh slate, a higher draft pick is just icing on the cake but not necessary for moving forward with these coaches, I have not been this optimistic since the Shula days...

Back
Top Bottom