The Tank is Officially Derailed | Page 18 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Tank is Officially Derailed

I give up with people around here and there sheer lack of reading comprehension, it's embarrassing really.
"I give up with people around here and THERE sheer lack of reading comprehension, it's embarrassing really".
Have you given up on WRITING skills too?
Try Their next time!!!!! HeHe. :out:

Fair enough. I see a distinct difference between regularly promoting optimism and regularly trying to curb it in favor of negativity, when neither outcome is known.
I respect your opinions but some might see promoting optimism as slavish devotion under the circumstances. And negativity as pragmatism...

At this point any hope of the number 1 pick has just about vanished, At this point i don't even know if we should take a QB in round 1 this year as the pick is currently number 7, maybe try to look into round 2 try to find some gems ala John Beck and Chad Henne.
I don't think its a given that Burrow goes to Cincy though. Herbert has better measurables and arm. I could see that coach falling in love with his physical attributes, especially considering his history with Tannehill.

If Cincy takes Herbert #1, I could see Burrow still dropping to Dolphins if they are still somewhere in the Top 10. Jags, Chargers or Broncos would be the competition to get him.
you must be from Eugene, Oregon, Burrow and Tua are both leaps and bounds better then Herbert as complete QB's.. he will likely go number 3 or maybe even number 4 if teams buy into Hurts at the combine. His lone game against an SEC opponent he lost to Auburn so i have serious doubts about him against good defenses when they take away the screen game from him.

At this point any hope of the number 1 pick has just about vanished, At this point i don't even know if we should take a QB in round 1 this year as the pick is currently number 7, maybe try to look into round 2 try to find some gems ala John Beck and Chad Henne.

you must be from Eugene, Oregon, Burrow and Tua are both leaps and bounds better then Herbert as complete QB's.. he will likely go number 3 or maybe even number 4 if teams buy into Hurts at the combine. His lone game against an SEC opponent he lost to Auburn so i have serious doubts about him against good defenses when they take away the screen game from him.

I’m not saying what I would do, but what Cincy might. I heard they barely even have a scouting department. All it takes is Zac Taylor to fall in love with his measurables.

As someone rooting for ‘close‘ losses for most the season, I see this exactly as you do.

Finding the right HC and staff is just as important, if not more, than finding a QB or having top draft position in a given season. It’d be nice to have a top 3 selection, but the Dolphins are potentially discovering a lot more.

Not only have they seemingly found a very capable HC, who the players are buying into big time, they are finding and developing some future players in the here and now.

If Flores and staff can win 5 or 6 games with the highest roster turnover in the league (70+ players have played) and a fairly low overall talent level, I’m beyond excited to see what they can do with more.

Lastly, with Tua hurt and potentially slipping in the 2020 draft or even potentially returning to Alabama for one more season, I’m even more ok with slipping down the draft because I don’t care for any of the other QB’s in the class and would rather they target 2021.

My only real disappointment is PITT and HOU continuing to get lucky and win games they shouldn’t win. Both have won at least 3 games they shouldn’t have. Wished those additional selections would have been higher.

The thing is, Houston is actually good.

Pitt just has great coaching and a tough defense as always, Hodges is MUCH better then Mason Rudolph as well but i think they will miss the playoffs and the Titans will get in.

He hated the Flores hire and continues with that theme.

I’m still hating on Flores? Just because I haven’t anointed him like those who loved the hire means I hate him? Get a grip. It’s called realism.

I’ve seen this same kind of first year optimism happen for multiple coaches who ended up in the dustbin of this ongoing Dolphin tragedy. I will continue to approach it from a grounded perspective until I see a coaching staff put together back to back winning seasons - a feat not done since Wannstedt.

And doing it with a young stud QB they groomed, not another flash in the pan from an old vet like Pennington or Fitzpatrick.

You all can continue to be rope a doped by every new shiny coach that comes along, but I won’t. I will give them the kudos they deserve in the moment.

I’ve already stated that Flores has exceeded my expectations and has already alleviated one of my major concerns - that he would be a glorified position coach. I guess that’s not good enough for you though. We must all already anoint him as the next Shula for beating a crappy Jets team, a Colts team wit a backup QB, and a struggling Eagles team.

(Not trying to diminish their performance, the Eagles victory was especially encouraging considering the disparity in talent, but it is what it is). They’ve still been blown out more times - actually double the amount of times than they’ve actually won games this year.

Sorry if I don’t prop that up as proof that this coaching staff is the second coming of Shula.

The generational QB Murray has now won 3 out of 12 games (he did tie Detroit) with an upgraded offense and fresh ideas HC including beating the Giants Bengals and Falcons
vs Rosen last season's 3 wins out of 13 games with several OCs, a worthless HC, a misused David Johnson, etc.

So should the Cardinals give up on Murray? I think not! Nor should the Fins give up on Rosen!

Last edited:
I’m still hating on Flores? Just because I haven’t anointed him like those who loved the hire means I hate him? Get a grip. It’s called realism.

I’ve seen this same kind of first year optimism happen for multiple coaches who ended up in the dustbin of this ongoing Dolphin tragedy. I will continue to approach it from a grounded perspective until I see a coaching staff put together back to back winning seasons - a feat not done since Wannstedt.

And doing it with a young stud QB they groomed, not another flash in the pan from an old vet like Pennington or Fitzpatrick.

You all can continue to be rope a doped by every new shiny coach that comes along, but I won’t. I will give them the kudos they deserve in the moment.

I’ve already stated that Flores has exceeded my expectations and has already alleviated one of my major concerns - that he would be a glorified position coach. I guess that’s not good enough for you though. We must all already anoint him as the next Shula for beating a crappy Jets team, a Colts team wit a backup QB, and a struggling Eagles team.

(Not trying to diminish their performance, the Eagles victory was especially encouraging considering the disparity in talent, but it is what it is). They’ve still been blown out more times - actually double the amount of times than they’ve actually won games this year.

Sorry if I don’t prop that up as proof that this coaching staff is the second coming of Shula.
Another one of your rants saying nothing.

No one not one single person had said he is the second coming off Shula until you just did.

My you like to be dramatic.

Another one of your rants saying nothing.

No one not one single person had said he is the second coming off Shula until you just did.

My you like to be dramatic.

You said I’m still hating on Flores. Admit you’re wrong. I graded him a B for the season.

And when people say unequivocally that we finally have a coaching staff to bring us back to the promised land, that would be the second coming of Shula in Dolphin parlance. No other coach has brought the Dolphins there.

he is Sam Darnold 2.0 in my book, If thats what you want to aim for draft Herbert, He is gonna be one of those guys if you get him rattled it all melts down.. I'd take Fromm before I take justin herbert.
Like you I don't want either - this draft class including Burrow (Minus Tua) has the looks of guys like Leinert, Darnold, Henne Sanchez all expected to make an immediate splash

Fromm, Burrows and Herbert i am concerned they will be forced into action far too soon

There are some good projects in rounds 2-3 who need time to develop to read an NFL D the likes of Love, Eason and Hurts will be given time to hold onto a clipboard

Who cares about the tank, we have a franchise Head Coach now!!!
Dude I agree he looks great but the best time to judge someone is when they are actually under pressure and this franchise is not under pressure this year ~ In fact they got permission from the Owner, jettisoned most everyone inclusing their healthy QB, and gave themselves at least three years to right the ship

I can't stand this weak mentality.
You found a coaching staff with practically, nothing, that beat a team just yesterday, removed from the SB and the only thing you can think about is we "may" not draft Top 10.

Are you freaking kidding me? The most important thing is staring you in your face and you don't see it....

This coaching can coach players up...period! That's worth it's weight in gold!

They're showing you if you give them players they will find a way to coach them up...
Rounds 1 - 7 and UDFA and FA....they can coach up each and every one of them.
You have to realize who you are talking to. He is a "deep tanker" and cannot let go. :lol:

You have to realize who you are talking to. He is a "deep tanker" and cannot let go. :lol:

Actually, I was all about evaluating Rosen once we acquired him. I liked that plan a lot actually. All things considered I would have preferred Rosen developing into the guy so there would be no need to tank for a QB at all. Then use the draft assets to build around him. But that doesn't appear to have worked out. And honestly the QB situation in the draft has turned into kind of a bust with Tua's injury and other QB prospects not playing well.

I'm certainly not of the mind of trying to repeat this process for a QB in 2021.

But since this season got out of hand early, and the roster was practically gutted to achieve this result, I honestly can't think of a reason why it makes sense to continue playing a gray beard to rack up some cheap late season wins and knock yourself out of the Top 10 picks in the draft. Especially when you could use this opportunity to further evaluate / develop Rosen in in-game situations.

Playing Fitzpatrick at this point does nothing. It only hinders the future IMO. And yes, at this point I want as high as a pick as possible because this GM has proven to be a terrible evaluator of talent in the draft. The higher the pick, the higher the probability that he will draft players with talent. If I thought we had talent evaluators on the level of the Steelers or Ravens orgs, I would not be on team tank. But we don't, so here we are.

Back
Top Bottom