The Tank is Officially Derailed | Page 19 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Tank is Officially Derailed

Dude I agree he looks great but the best time to judge someone is when they are actually under pressure and this franchise is not under pressure this year ~ In fact they got permission from the Owner, jettisoned most everyone inclusing their healthy QB, and gave themselves at least three years to right the ship

Excellent point, but damn you for bringing logic to my Dolphins hi lol.

You said I’m still hating on Flores. Admit you’re wrong. I graded him a B for the season.

And when people say unequivocally that we finally have a coaching staff to bring us back to the promised land, that would be the second coming of Shula in Dolphin parlance. No other coach has brought the Dolphins there.

A perfect example of you're predictable path in defending your irritating hyperbole.

A perfect example of you're predictable path in defending your irritating hyperbole.

Are you denying that there are multiple people on this forum saying that we have finally found the coaching staff to take the Dolphins to the next level?

Are you denying that there are multiple people on this forum saying that we have finally found the coaching staff to take the Dolphins to the next level?
I am. Every last one of them used limiting terms like "I hope", or "it appears", or "looks like." None have said they are certain. If so, SHOW me, and I'll admit I'm wrong.

This feels and looks a lot different than in the past, none of those coaches got as much out of so little, and they just keep playing. All of those coaches had players quit on them in one form or another, hell, Saban was over his head and quit on his team, no so much now.

This isn;t even close to what we've had before. None of the coaches the OP emtn
You have to realize who you are talking to. He is a "deep tanker" and cannot let go. :lol:

At some point you have to be able to step back and look at the entire picture. I, like many, were all in for the Tank for Tua thing. I mean why not?
Then something interesting and something i've never seen (saw the tale end of the Shula years) happened.

This team with a depleted roster, getting destroyed the first few games, started competing for 1 quarter here and there, then a full half here and there, then 4 quarters....
Wait a pickin minute....that's not supposed to happen...not with this kind of roster...not with a 1st time head coach....
After those embrassing loses early on these guys are still playing hard? What?

I can't think of a better way to build the foundations and culture than with a coaching staff that

1) Maximize player talents
2) Get players to buy-in 100%
3) Get players that want to play for this team, this coach, this organization
4) Get players to play better as the season progresses

I don't know about you..but i think if they can get UDFA, and street FAs to maximize then i'm not if they draft 5th or 15th.
It's a decent bet, at this point, that they might get more out of that player than previous regiemes that draft players top 10 prior.

Last edited:
I am. Every last one of them used limiting terms like "I hope", or "it appears", or "looks like." None have said they are certain. If so, SHOW me, and I'll admit I'm wrong.

Well that didn't take long. What do I win?

Well that didn't take long. What do I win?

Still waiting. Did he say second coming of Shula? Or even a coach to lead us to the SB? Nope, he said,
"A+
Flores
is a steller coach! With the right players onboard he can (will!) bring plenty of future wins."

That sounds like a reasonable prediction to me. He just thinks he's a stellar coach. I gave him an A. Therefore, to me that's not much of a stretch.

This isn;t even close to what we've had before. None of the coaches the OP emtn

At some point you have to be able to step back and look at the entire picture. I like many were all in for the Tank for Tua thing. I mean why not?
Then something interesting and something i've never seen (saw the tale end of the Shula years) happened.

This team with a depleted roster, getting destroyed the first few games, started competing for 1 quarter here and there, then a full half here and there, then 4 quarters....
Wait a pickin minute....that's not supposed to happen...not with this kind of roster...not with a 1st time head coach....
After those embrassing loses early on these guys are still playing hard? What?

I can't think of a better way to build the foundations and culture than with a coaching staff that

1) Maximize player talents
2) Get players to buy-in 100%
3) Get players that want to play for this team, this coach, this organization
4) Get players to play better as the season progresses

I don't know about you..but i think if they can get UDFA, and street FAs to maximize then i'm not as worried if they draft 5th or 15th.
It's a decent bet, at this point, that they might get more out of that player than previous regiemes that draft players top 10 prior.
Kudos.

Your evolution has, indeed, been recognized by some of us here.

I don't always agree with your views. Other times we see things the same.

Either way, I respect your opinion, and your willingness to adjust your thought process as the situation changes.

More to your point, It's not just the fact that we won a couple games. Any team can get lucky, but the progress has been consistent, evident, and measurable, not only on the part of players, but the coaching, and game planning as well.

One thing many probably didn't notice yesterday, was having an interior lineman drop a few steps into short zone coverage. That area of the field is a place where the Eagles have made a living this season, and our game plan took that away for the most part.

Just a small example of a little adjustment that makes a difference.

Half the guys weren't even in TC. What Flores has done is incredible.

Still waiting. Did he say second coming of Shula? Or even a coach to lead us to the SB? Nope, he said,
"A+
Flores
is a steller coach! With the right players onboard he can (will!) bring plenty of future wins."

That sounds like a reasonable prediction to me. He just thinks he's a stellar coach. I gave him an A. Therefore, to me that's not much of a stretch.

He said WILL bring plenty of future wins. No way for any of us to know this with any certainty. He looks good now, but so did Sparano and Gase in Year 1. Most people on the forum were saying the same thing as they are now... until they weren’t, and suddenly they always thought those coaches were garbage somehow.

This is but one comment, there are many more I’ve seen, but I’m not going to spend my whole night listing them out for you.

He said WILL bring plenty of future wins. No way for any of us to know this with any certainty. He looks good now, but so did Sparano and Gase in Year 1. Most people on the forum were saying the same thing as they are now... until they weren’t, and suddenly they always thought those coaches were garbage somehow.

This is but one comment, there are many more I’ve seen, but I’m not going to spend my whole night listing them out for you.

May I suggest that if you don't want to defend what you say, you limit what you say? Cuz, that's all I'm trying to say. You are putting words into people's mouths. And that's not good anywhere except maybe in a comedy or politics.

"A+
Flores

Don't waist your time going back and forth with that guy...:nah:

Don't waist your time going back and forth with that guy...:nah:

giphy.gif

I’m still hating on Flores? Just because I haven’t anointed him like those who loved the hire means I hate him? Get a grip. It’s called realism.

I’ve seen this same kind of first year optimism happen for multiple coaches who ended up in the dustbin of this ongoing Dolphin tragedy. I will continue to approach it from a grounded perspective until I see a coaching staff put together back to back winning seasons - a feat not done since Wannstedt.

And doing it with a young stud QB they groomed, not another flash in the pan from an old vet like Pennington or Fitzpatrick.

You all can continue to be rope a doped by every new shiny coach that comes along, but I won’t. I will give them the kudos they deserve in the moment.

I’ve already stated that Flores has exceeded my expectations and has already alleviated one of my major concerns - that he would be a glorified position coach. I guess that’s not good enough for you though. We must all already anoint him as the next Shula for beating a crappy Jets team, a Colts team wit a backup QB, and a struggling Eagles team.

(Not trying to diminish their performance, the Eagles victory was especially encouraging considering the disparity in talent, but it is what it is). They’ve still been blown out more times - actually double the amount of times than they’ve actually won games this year.

Sorry if I don’t prop that up as proof that this coaching staff is the second coming of Shula.
I respect that..I believe he will continue to win you over..

When he was hired I really spent a lot of time looking into him, Went out on a limb with some superlatives and projections, so to me what’s happening to this team is something I thought would happen.

Flores effect..

To be honest, we don't know exactly why Fitz left, because he did describe himself as a "swiss army knife" that would/could play anywhere. We asked him to do that and he flipped ****.

Since we are all offering our opinions and don't know the facts, he was for sure asked to be a leader on the defense and I honestly don't think that fit his personality. I don't think he was ready to be a leader just yet and he would be the most experienced/talented member of the team. We don't have the Pats or the Steelers squad where you can preach the "Do your job" crap. He was asked to do more than just "his job" at FS, he was asked to be flexible, play SS, LB, CB, and FS, and he bitched, moaned, and complained the 3 weeks he was here, which he was abysmal by the way.
Fitz basically lied on his resume to get the job (drafted high) and then totally flipped scripts. It’s like someone saying they can work any shift with open availability and then get the job and say they can only work certain shifts lol

Back
Top Bottom