The Texans current pick | Page 19 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Texans current pick

The next two weeks could very well give us a great idea where this could end up. Here is their remaining schedule

Patriots - toss up
Lions - toss up
Colts - loss
Bears - loss
Colts - loss
Bengals - toss up
Titans - loss
Bears ain't beating anybody..

How bad do the Dolphins need Travis Etienne? If he is a big priority we may need to pick him with the 1B pick. The Jets may have 2 picks between our 1B and 2A picks. They need a RB badly, and I believe they would jump at the chance to pair him with TL. I know Najee Harris might be just as good, but if Jets do take TE, then you got hope nobody else picking late 1st or real early 2nd wants Harris. There are a lot more WR that can make an impact than RBs. Just a thought.

How bad do the Dolphins need Travis Etienne? If he is a big priority we may need to pick him with the 1B pick. The Jets may have 2 picks between our 1B and 2A picks. They need a RB badly, and I believe they would jump at the chance to pair him with TL. I know Najee Harris might be just as good, but if Jets do take TE, then you got hope nobody else picking late 1st or real early 2nd wants Harris. There are a lot more WR that can make an impact than RBs. Just a thought.
Etienne is the top back in the draft, but i would not pick him 1st round. There are a few other really good RB's in the draft, we just gotta make sure to grab one if them in the 2nd

Here it is...ain’t nothing like that as a sophomore period let alone new to off ball I’ve ever seen at the college level...

this is hall material with some development witb the read and diag and zone cover...this don’t come around

enjoy...put that in the middle of our d and we crushing bones

It's been a long time since I watched that game. I totally forgot how well he moves down the line. He side shuffles faster than most LB's can run. Couple this with his instincts to find gaps and how fast he penetrates them and you've got something the NFL hasn't seen for awhile from a LB.

It's been a long time since I watched that game. I totally forgot how well he moves down the line. He side shuffles faster than most LB's can run. Couple this with his instincts to find gaps and how fast he penetrates them and you've got something the NFL hasn't seen for awhile from a LB.
Exactly right, to be honest he may be the best LB in the draft since Luke Keuchly. I know that is high praise, but a LB like Parsons is rare.

I think there are at least 3 or 4 more backs with NFL potential. While these two are the most famous because of the programs for which they play, there are backs that may be just as good. Gainwell, Hubbard, Hill, etc.

Last edited:

Here it is...ain’t nothing like that as a sophomore period let alone new to off ball I’ve ever seen at the college level...

this is hall material with some development witb the read and diag and zone cover...this don’t come around

enjoy...put that in the middle of our d and we crushing bones

I tend to think if you just go on impact alone he's top of the list. I get folks want WR
but this kid can change game outcomes all over the place. I also agree we could (if
necessary) jump a few spots up to grab this kid. Definitely a *sizzle* pick!

Me: "pound sand" but in different words....
Actually... considering the bust rate of QBs... I'd do it in a heartbeat.
Can you imagine if we raped the Patriots for 3-4 picks and they got Darnold?

Oh my... as Uncle George says...

I'm gonna commit a heresy now...

But I think some of the lesser regarded prospects could be a fine answer at the slot position.

Yes, I, like everyone else, love Waddle... but you have to have fall back plans. ...and Rondale Moore is popular in some places, others dislike his size/injury history.

Take at look at St. Brown from USC. He's a bit taller, but he's a guy with quick moves and a sudden change of direction. Since he doesn't play in the SEC, he hasn't gotten the press of those guys... but the Pac12 throws the ball... and St. Brown looks like a winner.
To be honest that kind of scenario happens pretty much every draft.

It seems most GMs default to nameplate (understandably) first and foremost

but those picks are "usually" NOT the best possible value. But i can tell you this

Grier gets creative / off-anticipated-script and folks around here will be after his scalp!

:lol:

Last edited:
Actually... considering the bust rate of QBs... I'd do it in a heartbeat.
Can you imagine if we raped the Patriots for 3-4 picks and they got Darnold?

Oh my... as Uncle George says...
Yeah, probably a bit overemotional on my part, but I would take a little less from a non division team, rather than take a chance.

Exactly right, to be honest he may be the best LB in the draft since Luke Keuchly. I know that is high praise, but a LB like Parsons is rare.

keuchly didn’t have that level range but he had better inside instincts. Still for a kid that came to school to play de and would have been undersized at that he looks like he was born to play off ball lb. that transition has paid off massively for him...and when you consider how natural he has made it look in that short a period of time continued development in the instincts side of things looks not only fully expected but highly likely...

he’s generational talent

Etienne is the top back in the draft, but i would not pick him 1st round. There are a few other really good RB's in the draft, we just gotta make sure to grab one if them in the 2nd
I think his game translates VERY WELL to the Pros and he is definitely an R1 pick.

He'll be in play no later than pick 15 -- and long gone by 25. My opinion. Of course.

That said -------- I've been saying and will say again -- I don't see Grier/Flo burning an R1 on a RB.

I'd be happy to make a nice bet on that BTW. Prefer crisp $100s? All takers invited!

Back
Top Bottom