The Texans current pick | Page 23 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Texans current pick

This is a tired argument IMO. You can point to ANY position you want and cite examples of studs found in later rounds. So that doesn’t prove someone wrong for wanting an elite wr prospect in the first round.

The reason Parsons and Waddle will go in round 1 is because it becomes less likely to find player’s of their overall skillset the further down you go. Same reasoning why RB’s like Barkley, McCaffrey, and Zeke went so high.

It’s clearly possible to find them lower, but the draft is all about maximizing odds. Typically players with prototypical size that have elite athleticism and elite skillset are going to be off the board in round 1 and round 2. Period.

The players remaining, while still capable of becoming studs, are thought to have more hurdles to overcome to reach the same potential, if they can at all.

So the idea of drafting a top level play maker — which is a HUGE need for MIA — isn’t a stretch at all.

I understand the push for Parsons. He’s a flat out stud.

My only reservation of taking him over an offensive playmaker is (1) the NFL is and has been an offensive player’s game for some time now. Offenses win titles more than defense, largely due to rule changes over the past 15-20 years.

And (2) the Dolphins defense seems to be doing quite admirably w/o a player of Parsons caliber. The offense, however, needs a lot more help producing explosive plays. They have to work a lot harder than the defense does.
Good stuff

After seeing Mahomes knee cap do a complete 180 degree turn last year and he still came back a few weeks later I hold out some hope that Burrow isn’t done.

saw the replay... That looks like multi ligaments!

Awful. WTF no flag on low hit to QB knees???????????????

The broadcast team refused to re-show the injury... That is NEVER a good sign.

Back
Top Bottom