The Texans current pick | Page 29 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Texans current pick

Guess what cam Newton’s last 10 game record is as a starter when he throws 40 plus passes like he did Sunday?
Is the over under set at 1.5? Since I won’t google it and be fair I’ll give him one win.

stop passing on play makers just because we're trying to build the "perfect" O-line. We got 3 rookies and it'll take some time. The O-line had done a good job of pass protection till this past Sunday. That's one bad game and here we have people asking for more corn!!
Nail it

After spending 3 draft picks on the o-line in 2020...if we use any of our top 4 picks on the o-line, my head will explode.

After spending 3 draft picks on the o-line in 2020...if we use any of our top 4 picks on the o-line, my head will explode.
My head was about to explode when we didn't draft a WR in the most talented WR class ever coming out of college even tho we had 15 picks. But we used a 1st round pick on a project corner when we already have two pro bowl corners on the roster.

To expend your point, if they didn't get it right after 2020, i have no confidend in them in high round OL again.

Getting excited about a pick so early is naive, just like it was in 2011 and 2019. You can’t get too excited until weeks 14 and on. Even the Jets shouldn’t be counting their chickens just yet. That Jags team may not win again and the Jets have better QB’s, sadly. I’m surprised there isn’t a thread started yet saying we should throw the game to block Lawrence to the Jets. Maybe lll start one to beat the rush because we know it’s coming (like it’s a realistic possibility).

Getting excited about a pick was all we had for years. It’s ingrained at this point.

My head was about to explode when we didn't draft a WR in the most talented WR class ever coming out of college even tho we had 15 picks. But we used a 1st round pick on a project corner when we already have two pro bowl corners on the roster.
I think that was just a matter of the framework of the overall plan.

The powers that be conceded that skills were to be addressed this draft.

I realize it didn't align with your, and many other's, philosophy but at least they have a plan, and the conviction to stick to it, as opposed to just a hodgepodge approach.

I think that was just a matter of the framework of the overall plan.

The powers that be conceded that skills were to be addressed this draft.

I realize it didn't align with your, and many other's, philosophy but at least they have a plan, and the conviction to stick to it, as opposed to just a hodgepodge approach.
Oh I know they have a plan......questions is, was it a good plan or a bad one?....lol

I would like to see prototypical pass rusher available, this would make my day.

A WR, one that has size/speed ratio of Charles Johnson I would never pass on....but please no midgets.

Oh I know they have a plan......questions is, was it a good plan or a bad one?....lol
Depends if you are looking short term, or long term, IMO.

My view is that, yes a playoff berth this year would be fun, but it likely is a one and done regardless.

I also see the point that Iggy could be seen as an unnecessary "luxury' pick, and a reciever could have been taken.

I guess I would ask you if you believe in this staff or not, because if you do, we are getting into the area of nitpicking.

If you don't believe in this regime, then it really doesn't matter anyway, because we will be rebooting in another two years.

Depends if you are looking short term, or long term, IMO.

My view is that, yes a playoff berth this year would be fun, but it likely is a one and done regardless.

I also see the point that Iggy could be seen as an unnecessary "luxury' pick, and a reciever could have been taken.

I guess I would ask you if you believe in this staff or not, because if you do, we are getting into the area of nitpicking.

If you don't believe in this regime, then it really doesn't matter anyway, because we will be rebooting in another two years.
Well, I agree a playoff is probably one and done but that'd be good for the young guys to see what is like to play in a playoff game and what it takes to prepare for it.

As far as the FO/HC.....I'm really on a wait and see. I'm not the extreme type that thinks everything they do is amazing or everything they do is horrible......there's going to be good and bad with every team. There's nothing we can do about this past draft other than to hope for the best. I do hope they will get what we need this coming off season. Time will tell. Grier and Flores can make me believe but I'm not sold yet on either one tbh but I'm also not giving up yet on either one. We'll see what happens the rest of this season and what they do in the off season.

Well, I agree a playoff is probably one and done but that'd be good for the young guys to see what is like to play in a playoff game and what it takes to prepare for it.

As far as the FO/HC.....I'm really on a wait and see. I'm not the extreme type that thinks everything they do is amazing or everything they do is horrible......there's going to be good and bad with every team. There's nothing we can do about this past draft other than to hope for the best. I do hope they will get what we need this coming off season. Time will tell. Grier and Flores can make me believe but I'm not sold yet on either one tbh but I'm also not giving up yet on either one. We'll see what happens the rest of this season and what they do in the off season.
For what it's worth (not much), I'm positive they are going heavy skills this draft. Maybe not 1a, but after.

If they don't, I will have big questions about the "plan" too.

Back
Top Bottom