The Texans current pick | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Texans current pick

It will be interesting to see what Miami does with that Houston pick. Have to figure Lawrence, Fields, Sewell are somewhere in the top 5. Maybe Parsons as well. Whose there at 7 if that's where Houston lands? Maybe Surtain or Chase. Obviously lots of options. Is there another quarterback worthy of a top 10 pick?

texans have browns, pats, lions, colts, bears, colts, bengals, titans..
maybe 2 wins in that bunch.. finish 4-12.. hopefully top 5 pick
This right here. I don't see many wins on that schedule. Of course we can't assume anything but that pick should be no lower than top 10 and it could still be around 5.

It will be interesting to see what Miami does with that Houston pick. Have to figure Lawrence, Fields, Sewell are somewhere in the top 5. Maybe Parsons as well. Whose there at 7 if that's where Houston lands? Maybe Surtain or Chase. Obviously lots of options. Is there another quarterback worthy of a top 10 pick?
If that was the case I'd run the card up for Chase. We don't need to draft another corner in the first round and we really need a top WR.

Miami fans have seen 1st hand in the last two years how important a top HC to a team's success. I'm not going to predict Lawrence won't be a top QB, but the better odds are he'll be a top QB with a bad HC. Look at Miami and every 'bad' team this century. All of them have made multiple attempts to find 'the' HC and, for the most part, failed.
That brings up an interesting question.

What is more rare? An "elite" HC, or "elite" QB? Which has more value to a team?

If that was the case I'd run the card up for Chase. We don't need to draft another corner in the first round and we really need a top WR.
Can't argue with that. Chase would be a nice way to start the draft. Miami needs to go pretty heavy on skill position IMO.

Parsons is the player I want most with that Houston pick, but after that Chase would make a lot of sense.

That brings up an interesting question.

What is more rare? An "elite" HC, or "elite" QB? Which has more value to a team?
It's like how many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie role, the world may never know.

Seriously, what coach has won big without a top quarterback? Bill Bellichick is widely considered the best coach of his time. In seven, now eight seasons, without Tom Brady his record is below .500 with, I believe, one playoff appearance. Mike Shanahan won a super bowl with John Elway, but his teams dropped significantly without him. Don Shula made it to the super bowl with four different quarterbacks, which was pretty unique. One of those was David Woodley. Quite an accomplishment.

I guess the answer is you need both.

Not counting 2008, Bellichick is 39-44 in six seasons without Tom Brady. I can't remember how many games Brady played in 2008, but New England went 11-5 barely missing the playoffs. Bellichick had one winning season in Cleveland in five years there. But he did make it to the AFC Championship game in that year when the Browns went 11-5.

Not counting 2008, Bellichick is 39-44 in six seasons without Tom Brady. I can't remember how many games Brady played in 2008, but New England went 11-5 barely missing the playoffs. Bellichick had one winning season in Cleveland in five years there. But he did make it to the AFC Championship game in that year when the Browns went 11-5.
I believe Brady got hurt in the first game vs KC and they still won so 10 - 5 without him

I personally want the Jets to get Trevor Lawrence. Tua vs Trevor twice a year for the next decade sounds like good football to me. You cant be the best, if you cant beat the best.

Plus I want them to ge their **** together to renew the rivalry. It is sad and embarrassing how far they have fallen.

Nothing would make me happier than beating the Jets to deny them the playoffs, instead of a bunch of meaningless wins against a floormat team.
I get the whole "You can't be the best, if you can't beat the best" but **** the Jets lol. I hope are in the basement FOREVER. Their fanbase is a bunch of annoying dbags. Screw them.

Back
Top Bottom