The Texans current pick | Page 39 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Texans current pick

I think so too. After Parsons, I'm not sure who the next top 10 defender is. Maybe Surtain II. Paye is starting to get mocked in the top 10. That seems high for me.
I'm a Rousseau guy. I have a longstanding appreciation for guys who are physical freaks. He isn't polished, but good God... the damage he inflicted with JUST his physical skills, just off the charts.

I'd take Rousseau before Paye or any of the Wide Receivers... but I'll admit, he seems like a bit of a luxury pick. I'd still do it though.

I'm a Rousseau guy. I have a longstanding appreciation for guys who are physical freaks. He isn't polished, but good God... the damage he inflicted with JUST his physical skills, just off the charts.

I'd take Rousseau before Paye or any of the Wide Receivers... but I'll admit, he seems like a bit of a luxury pick. I'd still do it though.

I was just gonna throw his name out there

If not with the Houston pick with ours if he's still on the board

If you want to win a Super Bowl... you have to have some GREAT players. Yes, a tough well-rounded, smart team can win the trophy, but it is a lot easier if you have one or two legitimate stars. Not just pro-bowl players, but players who can change the entire complexion of a game...

I don't think Kwitty Paye is that guy. Don't get me wrong, I see him as a nice player; an edge-setter than can get some sacks, but it took him til his senior year to finally step up. I'd like to have him, but I don't think he has the oh my God factor that Rousseau possesses.

Rousseau got one less sack than Chase Young... as a RS Sophomore. Umm... I want some of that.

One last thought: The Dolphins are currently generating most of their sacks through blitzing. You see the difference when we revert to a three or four man rush. None of our guys get there... most of the time, they don't even get close. If Rousseau is what I think he is... that'll stop.

I can certainly see why you love him as a prospect. I'm sure NFL people do as well.

The fact that he hasn't played much does concern me, but the talent is obvious. Flores and his staff could potentially get a lot out of Rousseau.

Personally, I'd go in another direction but that doesn't mean I'd be right!

I can certainly see why you love him as a prospect. I'm sure NFL people do as well.

The fact that he hasn't played much does concern me, but the talent is obvious. Flores and his staff could potentially get a lot out of Rousseau.

Personally, I'd go in another direction but that doesn't mean I'd be right!
I'm not even sure that there is a 'right' way to do this.

The guys on here that I butt heads with are usually the ones who think there is only one way to build a team, or only one outlook that matters.

Okay so I’m seeing Chris Olave in the 1st now. Damn. I like him for Miami with HOU 2

I don't understand all of the "pessimism" here. They only have 4 wins with 5 to go. They will be playing 3 games against division teams in a playoff hunt, one on the road against a Chicago team who will probably still be alive for the WC, and one "guaranteed" win against Cincy. 5 wins is still a distinct possibility, with 6 being probably the most likely scenario.

Top 10 pick still looks likely to me.
It is what it is.

After the Tunsil trade, I figured the Texans for a sure playoff team, and the pick would be somewhere in the high 20s, low 30s.

And I LOVED the trade at that time.

When the Texans started sucking this year, it was super fun to start discussing getting a top 3 pick or a top 5 pick.

Super fun.

Bottom line is that the Texans are going to end up far worse this year than I had ever in my wildest dreams imagined when the trade was announced.

A top 5 pick would be sweet, but regardless, the pick is going to be much, much, much, higher than I thought it was going to be.

(the second rounder too, of course).

You'd think we traded with an 0 and 16 team last year that was now headed for the playoffs, and screwing our draft position in the process.

It is what it is.

After the Tunsil trade, I figured the Texans for a sure playoff team, and the pick would be somewhere in the high 20s, low 30s.

When the Texans started sucking this year, it was super fun to start discussing getting a top 3 pick or a top 5 pick.

Super fun.

Bottom line is that the Texans are going to end up far worse this year than I had ever in my wildest dreams imagined when the trade was announced.

A top 5 pick would be sweet, but regardless, the pick is going to be much, much, much, higher than I thought it was going to be.

You'd think we traded with an 0 and 16 team last year that was now headed for the playoffs, and screwing our draft position in the process.
Having multiple firsts is such a luxury to begin with. It just so happens that we traded it to a team that has DeShaun Watson. He is a great qb and he has helped that offense click by having a bigger say in the gameplan week to week. There is nothing we can do about that

Having multiple firsts is such a luxury to begin with. It just so happens that we traded it to a team that has DeShaun Watson. He is a great qb and he has helped that offense click by having a bigger say in the gameplan week to week. There is nothing we can do about that
Yep.

My point was that I was expecting them to be 12-4, 11-5.

To me, anything higher than that is extra gravy.

I'm not even sure that there is a 'right' way to do this.

The guys on here that I butt heads with are usually the ones who think there is only one way to build a team, or only one outlook that matters.
So true. It looks like Grier and Flores know what they are doing, the type of players they want. I'll trust them. I'm sure they'll make some good picks and make some mistakes.

I definitely don't trust my own evaluation on pass rushers or offensive linemen. I like my odds at wide receiver, running back, and corner. For some reason, I just think those positions are easier to evaluate.

It is what it is.

Super fun.

I agree, I've been thinking the same way. Couldn't help myself wondering about the possibility of a top 3-5 pick. But Watson is just too good for that to truly happen.

I like him too and he'll be there in the 2nd round
If we miss out on D Smith with our original 1st going IOL after taking Parsons (lol LET ME DREAM) Olave is a beautiful backup play @ #40-42.

Back
Top Bottom