The Texans current pick | Page 40 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Texans current pick

If we miss out on D Smith with our original 1st going IOL after taking Parsons (lol LET ME DREAM) Olave is a beautiful backup play @ #40-42.
If we miss out on Smith then I want Marshall from LSU plus one more WR like Olave or Brown from USC

It is what it is.

After the Tunsil trade, I figured the Texans for a sure playoff team, and the pick would be somewhere in the high 20s, low 30s.

And I LOVED the trade at that time.

When the Texans started sucking this year, it was super fun to start discussing getting a top 3 pick or a top 5 pick.

Super fun.

Bottom line is that the Texans are going to end up far worse this year than I had ever in my wildest dreams imagined when the trade was announced.

A top 5 pick would be sweet, but regardless, the pick is going to be much, much, much, higher than I thought it was going to be.

(the second rounder too, of course).

You'd think we traded with an 0 and 16 team last year that was now headed for the playoffs, and screwing our draft position in the process.
Exactly. I know a lot of fans were dreaming of Parsons, but maybe he wasn't even a player Miami was targeting. We just don't know. The Dolphins have the ammo to trade up, or they could take one of the top receivers, which fits a huge need.

I like Chase best at wide receiver, but Smith could be a better fit for Tua. I do think Smith will be there with that Houston pick, while Chase is probably doubtful. That wouldn't be a bad start to the draft.

Question for the board. Who is the best MLB after Parsons? Is it Bolton?

If you want to win a Super Bowl... you have to have some GREAT players. Yes, a tough well-rounded, smart team can win the trophy, but it is a lot easier if you have one or two legitimate stars. Not just pro-bowl players, but players who can change the entire complexion of a game...

I don't think Kwitty Paye is that guy. Don't get me wrong, I see him as a nice player; an edge-setter than can get some sacks, but it took him til his senior year to finally step up. I'd like to have him, but I don't think he has the oh my God factor that Rousseau possesses.

Rousseau got one less sack than Chase Young... as a RS Sophomore. Umm... I want some of that.

One last thought: The Dolphins are currently generating most of their sacks through blitzing. You see the difference when we revert to a three or four man rush. None of our guys get there... most of the time, they don't even get close. If Rousseau is what I think he is... that'll stop.
I’m watching Kwitty play right now.
Seriously, not seeing him making an impact for us. His play is lacking burst and the opposing O Lineman does not seem bothered.

I’ll pass. Gimme an Alpha receiver instead

Last edited:
Seriously, not seeing him making an impact for us. His play is lacking burst and the opposing O Lineman does not seem bothered.

I see him as an edge setting player... and you do need one of those, but they are much easier to find than a pass rushing force.
Shaq Lawson is how I see Paye, and that's fine. Lawson is a good player... but he isn't a great player, and we already have one of those.

It's a buyer beware market for pass rushers in this draft. Doesn't mean someone won't emerge and possibly be a star in the NFL, but I wouldn't force it.

I don't see a pass rusher worth a top 10 pick, but teams will always take a chance on that position.

Houston still has to play Indy twice and Tennessee once. Outside of that they play the Bears and Bengals.

We are starting to get a look at where our needs are across the board. Picking at 11 right now takes us outside the blue chip spots for a lot of our needs.

We need a quick twitch/fast WR who can get separation (Waddle). A 3 down, play making ILB. Edge, RB & a top center. Still a tall order considering the ammo we have.

After that, we could be in the market for a guard and tackle. We really need to get the running game going. Also depth at DT.

Not a great year at the top for RB's or edge. There could be talent at edge but more questions than answers (boom or bust), IMO. Maybe only 1 RB in round 1 next year.

My wish list players (in the top of the draft) so far are...

Jaylen Waddle, WR
Wyatt Davis, OG (perhaps at center)
Josh Meyers, OC
Micah Parsons, ILB
Travis Etienne or Najee Harris RB
Zaven Collins OLB
Creed Humphrey, OC
Jalen Mayfield RT

It would be nice to land a few of these guys

Houston still has to play Indy twice and Tennessee once. Outside of that they play the Bears and Bengals.

We are starting to get a look at where our needs are across the board. Picking at 11 right now takes us outside the blue chip spots for a lot of our needs.

We need a quick twitch/fast WR who can get separation (Waddle). A 3 down, play making ILB. Edge, RB & a top center. Still a tall order considering the ammo we have.

After that, we could be in the market for a guard and tackle. We really need to get the running game going. Also depth at DT.

Not a great year at the top for RB's or edge. There could be talent at edge but more questions than answers (boom or bust), IMO. Maybe only 1 RB in round 1 next year.

My wish list players (in the top of the draft) so far are...

Jaylen Waddle, WR
Wyatt Davis, OG (perhaps at center)
Josh Meyers, OC
Micah Parsons, ILB
Travis Etienne or Najee Harris RB
Zaven Collins OLB
Creed Humphrey, OC
Jalen Mayfield RT

It would be nice to land a few of these guys
Good List. But I'd add DeVonte Smith.

Last edited:
Still at 11 with the Houston pick, though we could move to 10 if Philly somehow beats Seattle tomorrow

Our pick dropped to 22.

I personally want the Jets to get Trevor Lawrence. Tua vs Trevor twice a year for the next decade sounds like good football to me. You cant be the best, if you cant beat the best.

Plus I want them to ge their **** together to renew the rivalry. It is sad and embarrassing how far they have fallen.

Nothing would make me happier than beating the Jets to deny them the playoffs, instead of a bunch of meaningless wins against a floormat team.
One of those guys will almost certainly not even last past their rookie contracts. But people always project first round qbs working out.

Back
Top Bottom