The Texans current pick | Page 20 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Texans current pick

You put him in those slanted protection pressure packages and not know if he’s coming or not lined up in gaps etc with that kind of acceleration and fluidity and range and top speed and packing that kind of punch on contact and well you gonna have the attention of the oppositions oc and that oline and qbs I can promise you that much. And rbs trying to pick him up in blitz pick up screaming for mommy

And that ain’t even his best value but it’s one of them...

To be honest that kind of scenario happens pretty much every draft.

It seems most GMs default to nameplate (understandably) first and foremost

but those picks are "usually" NOT the best possible value. But i can tell you this

Grier gets creative / off-anticipated-script and folks around here will be after his scalp!

:lol:
I would not be a bit surprised if our new RB/WR combo was something like Hubbard/St. Brown or Gainwell/Bateman... and that wouldn't be a bad thing.

Not sure how many of you follow WalterFootball but they updated their mock today, this would be amazing for us!

1a Ja'Marr Chase
1b Micah Parsons
2a Najee Harris
2b Christian Darrisaw
They seem to have the lowest grade on Parsons... I think they are nuts, But that would be a Hell of a deal.

Everyone keeps saying pats suck..remember how many of their top guys opted out because of covid just saying. And as far as Lawrence no I don't want jets to get him but what I want more is Tua to improve and stay healthy and win us a Super Bowl for the first time since 1974

My vote is for a kings randsom. Move back 5 spots and pick up another 2nd this year and a 1st and 2nd next year sounds nice to me. Maybe we could get more.

Yes. I’m typically ALWAYS in favor of a trade down but with our squad improving faster than expected I’d be less tempted than if I had a bare roster. I hope our focus is more on flipping our picks for better valued picks. Regardless, I think it’s critical we keep this run of bonus draft capital going. A 4-5 year window of extra 1sts or 2nds HAS to pay off.....the law of averages.

It would take more than a 2nd rounder for me to pass on Penei Sewell, if I’ve got a chance to select him. With this QB we have capable of doing some pretty impressive things, my priority is protecting and enhancing him first and foremost.

I don’t know if I am the only one who wants the combination of Sewell and Humphrey more than anything.

After Sewell, I’d be happy with about 15 different players with either of our 1st rounders with Micah Parsons head lining the list.

This is going to be an interesting draft. The evaluations will be more incomplete than ever without the quality matchups of a normal college season.

Last edited:
Not sure how many of you follow WalterFootball but they updated their mock today, this would be amazing for us!

1a Ja'Marr Chase
1b Micah Parsons
2a Najee Harris
2b Christian Darrisaw
...and then...according to their nonsense
we'll be able to grab Creed Humphrey in R4!
Maybe even R5!!

They seem to have the lowest grade on Parsons... I think they are nuts, But that would be a Hell of a deal.
Could be the idea that sitting out for a year impacts their projected draft slot. But the same should apply to Chase...

Could be the idea that sitting out for a year impacts their projected draft slot. But the same should apply to Chase...
I think they've just bought into the narrative that inside linebackers are not important anymore.

I get that sometimes from some of the folks I talk football with... My response is that the old-school type of MLB isn't valued any longer, and that the new idea of a MLB is just REALLY hard to manage. The new idea is a guy who covers a huge amount of ground, sideline to sideline, AND stops the run... AND can cover receivers over the middle... AND throw the occasional blitz... and well, no one can really do that... except for a very, very select few.

...and Parsons may be that guy. If he is, if he really is... then we've GOT to take him. He's the guy who makes every other hybrid member of our defense work. If he's THAT guy, then he's as valuable as a QB, in an age where MLBs are not very valuable. If he's THAT guy... then's he's worthy of a top three pick.

I think they've just bought into the narrative that inside linebackers are not important anymore.

I get that sometimes from some of the folks I talk football with... My response is that the old-school type of MLB isn't valued any longer, and that the new idea of a MLB is just REALLY hard to manage. The new idea is a guy who covers a huge amount of ground, sideline to sideline, AND stops the run... AND can cover receivers over the middle... AND throw the occasional blitz... and well, no one can really do that... except for a very, very select few.

...and Parsons may be that guy. If he is, if he really is... then we've GOT to take him. He's the guy who makes every other hybrid member of our defense work. If he's THAT guy, then he's as valuable as a QB, in an age where MLBs are not very valuable. If he's THAT guy... then's he's worthy of a top three pick.
I concur. Walter Football still has Parsons as the best MLB in the draft.

Bolded the Edit

Obviously, Ruggs is the best WR. He was taken first. Where we may be picking, we'll be stuck with someone like Jefferson. Yeah, we should probably choose a WR top ten or be stuck with the dregs.

Edit: Worse, if we end up taking a WR in the second round, we might end up with a scrub like Higgins or Claypool.

This is a tired argument IMO. You can point to ANY position you want and cite examples of studs found in later rounds. So that doesn’t prove someone wrong for wanting an elite wr prospect in the first round.

The reason Parsons and Waddle will go in round 1 is because it becomes less likely to find player’s of their overall skillset the further down you go. Same reasoning why RB’s like Barkley, McCaffrey, and Zeke went so high.

It’s clearly possible to find them lower, but the draft is all about maximizing odds. Typically players with prototypical size that have elite athleticism and elite skillset are going to be off the board in round 1 and round 2. Period.

The players remaining, while still capable of becoming studs, are thought to have more hurdles to overcome to reach the same potential, if they can at all.

So the idea of drafting a top level play maker — which is a HUGE need for MIA — isn’t a stretch at all.

I understand the push for Parsons. He’s a flat out stud.

My only reservation of taking him over an offensive playmaker is (1) the NFL is and has been an offensive player’s game for some time now. Offenses win titles more than defense, largely due to rule changes over the past 15-20 years.

And (2) the Dolphins defense seems to be doing quite admirably w/o a player of Parsons caliber. The offense, however, needs a lot more help producing explosive plays. They have to work a lot harder than the defense does.

Last edited:
Yes. I’m typically ALWAYS in favor of a trade down but with our squad improving faster than expected I’d be less tempted than if I had a bare roster. I hope our focus is more on flipping our picks for better valued picks. Regardless, I think it’s critical we keep this run of bonus draft capital going. A 4-5 year window of extra 1sts or 2nds HAS to pay off.....the law of averages.

It would take more than a 2nd rounder for me to pass on Penei Sewell, if I’ve got a chance to select him. With this QB we have capable of doing some pretty impressive things, my priority is protecting and enhancing him first and foremost.

I don’t know if I am the only one who wants the combination of Sewell and Humphrey more than anything.

After Sewell, I’d be happy with about 15 different players with either of our 1st rounders with Micah Parsons head lining the list.

This is going to be an interesting draft. The evaluations will be more incomplete than ever without the quality matchups of a normal college season.

I know we all know this, but if Flo and staff see Jackson/Hunt as being capable OTs by end of season, that's the end of the OT dreams in the draft. Replace the biggest holes first, when possible. Now, if they fill ILB, Edge, and WR in FA, maybe.

This is a tired argument IMO. You can point to ANY position you want and cite examples of studs found in later rounds. So that doesn’t prove someone wrong for wanting an elite wr prospect in the first round.

The reason Parsons and Waddle will go in round 1 is because it becomes less likely to find player’s of their overall skillset the further down you go. Same reasoning why RB’s like Barkley, McCaffrey, and Zeke went so high.

It’s clearly possible to find them lower, but the draft is all about maximizing odds. Typically players with prototypical size that have elite athleticism and elite skillset are going to be off the board in round 1 and round 2. Period.

The players remaining, while still capable of becoming studs, are thought to have more hurdles to overcome to reach the same potential, if they can at all.

So the idea of drafting a top level play maker — which is a HUGE need for MIA — isn’t a stretch at all.

I understand the push for Parsons. He’s a flat out stud.

My only reservation of taking him over an offensive playmaker is (1) the NFL is and has been an offensive player’s game for some time now. Offenses win titles more than defense, largely due to rule changes over the past 15-20 years.

And (2) the Dolphins defense seems to be doing quite admirably w/o a player of Parsons caliber. The offense, however, needs a lot more help producing explosive plays. They have to work a lot harder than the defense does,

same folks ignore you can find OL in the later rounds and demand Miami take ANOTHER lineman in top 10

Back
Top Bottom