The Texans current pick | Page 22 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Texans current pick

tough question. He’s better than any off ball lb at the same college stage in the nfl right now I can tell ya that. Jerry said Navarro bowman and while I can see that bowman played de his entire college career before shifting to backer in the pros so there was some conversion questions there that this kid just doesn’t have. Like I said he’s taken to off ball like a glove.

I will just go back to what I’ve said prior to me he has a legit chance to be the next ray Lewis and in terms of college player he’s better than Lewis already. Just there was a while there where Lewis in the pros was the best player in football. Like multiple years even.

this kids got that kind of potential. At least to be a defensive mvp type and off ball lbs don’t get that kind of love. In terms of the off ball lb class say him relative to the other options this isn’t even in the same ball park. Other guys are good talent they aren’t generational talent.

to me the separation between this guy at lb and the rest of the lb class relative to the separation of the top wr for example relative to the rest of the class is not the same level.

parsons trumps all

While I still side with my initial stance of going with the top elite level offensive skill player, I have been thinking more and more about this notion of taking Parsons.

Where my thinking is and where I’m starting to see more of the logic of going with Parsons is this.

I can see more of a trend heading toward playing defense the way MIA is this season. AZ under Vance Joseph is doing similar unconventional things to confuse offenses. And we know NE also does it.

Anyway, with more franchises wanting to copycat, that means a lot more teams will be looking for the same types of defensive players in the draft and FA to better fit that scheme. Thus it becomes harder and harder to get the best ones.

So, before the trend picks up more steam, I can more and more see the logic of taking a versatile stud like Parsons if he is somehow available.

While I still side with my initial stance of going with the top elite level offensive skill player, I have been thinking more and more about this notion of taking Parsons.

Where my thinking is and where I’m starting to see more of the logic of going with Parsons is this.

I can see more of a trend heading toward playing defense the way MIA is this season. AZ under Vance Joseph is doing similar unconventional things to confuse offenses. And we know NE also does it.

Anyway, with more franchises wanting to copycat, that means a lot more teams will be looking for the same types of defensive players in the draft and FA to better fit that scheme. Thus it becomes harder and harder to get the best ones.

So, before the trend picks up more steam, I can more and more see the logic of taking a versatile stud like Parsons if he is somehow available.
I'm not argueing the point, because I can see a few different valid lines of thought, with respect to "big picture" philosophy.

Obviously, there are "busts" at any position at the top of drafts, but it seems there are more on the offensive side of the ball. Perhaps that has more to do with expectations than reality, but more likely, it's easier to assess defensive players.

I'm not concerned about copycats with the defensive scheme. Trying to do it is one thing. Being successful at it is another. Flo has proven that he can pick up guys at Walmart, and coach them to be viable NFL players, within the scheme. I doubt there are more than a handful of coaches that are that good. Imagine what he can do with a couple more "elite" players on that side.

On the other hand, the skill positions are all most certainly the weakest area of the team. Aside from Tua and now Devante, we have no real, consistent difference makers.

All I know for sure....it's looking like a fun ride.

Is that Indiana WR that put a hurting on Ohio State going to be eligible for the draft

Texans up against Cheats at half!

Belicheat BLOWS if he can't get a win in this one!

Another fake "goat" revealed as a hedgehog!

>>> they notoriously stink BTW!

Patriots not getting it done... Washington losing...

So far, so bad.

Back
Top Bottom