The three best QB's weren't even Drafted this year | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The three best QB's weren't even Drafted this year

Alex13 said:
Timmy Chang: best NCAA QB didn't get drafted because hes chinese
Brock Berlin: had alot of success in life from junior high to high school and in College but didn't get picked because of his Height and weight.
Jason White: Hiesman Trophy winner but didn't get picked because he was to short

Yeah...those were the 3 best QBs alright.

"Chang could stick as a backup in the NFL, but he would have to operate in a West Coast offense, so not to expose his accuracy problems with the deep ball. He might be better suited playing north of the border in Canada or in the Arena League."........NFL.com draft prospect page

Berlin couldnt make the team competing against the likes of AJ Feeley, Sage Rosenfels, and Gus Frerotte. Worse yet, he couldnt even make the practice squad.

Jason White didnt get picked because his knees wouldnt have lasted a month in the NFL. Teams knew it....fans knew it....average joe on the street knew it.....I suspect even the animals at your local zoo knew it.

Yeah, those were really the best 3 QBs available all right.

I think he was saying that these were the best qb's in college, success wise. I mean it is hard to argue with that fact, but success in college does not mean success in the pro's.

Brock Berlin: Weak intangibles.

Brock had great intangibles. He didn't have great accuracy, height, or ability to read a defense from under center.

paskerbrandon said:
Sonnie Cumbie was one he!! of an NCAA QB. What ever happened to him?

Anyone can be a great QB when your offesne only throws 40+ yarders every play of the game

Also on Chang, didnt he also have the record for most interceptions?

Berlin lost his chance.

White had bad knees, if he wouldnt of tore em up I still cant see him doing good but he would prob make the team

berlin was TERRIBLE. the ONLY reason, and i mean the ONLY reason he got any interest from ANY NFL team was because he played for the hurricanes. he has NO arm on him whatsoever and was HORRIBLE at throwing simple out passes, which are very common in the NFL. he was only effective throwing short-medium passes out of the shotgun where he felt no pressure and had several receivers playing against a nickel/prevent defense. he's short, has bad mechanics, makes horrible decisions.....one of the worst QBs in college football last year

PSUFinFan said:
I think he was saying that these were the best qb's in college, success wise. I mean it is hard to argue with that fact, but success in college does not mean success in the pro's.

thats what i was getting at, thanks for backin me up

Alex13 said:
Timmy Chang: best NCAA QB didn't get drafted because hes chinese
Brock Berlin: had alot of success in life from junior high to high school and in College but didn't get picked because of his Height and weight.
Jason White: Hiesman Trophy winner but didn't get picked because he was to short

2nd Worst thread ever.

Chang - NCAA Career Passing Leader, also most NCAA Career INT's. And he didn't have an nfl caliber cannon.
White - he got his shot in Titans training camp and, as he and the entire nation knew would happen, his knees couldn't take it

this post was really really bad

Back
Top Bottom